Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

lmao. I started the communist joke with Jack a long time ago. It has nothing to do with his actual politics. It's a rib. But you keep doing you and read something more insidious into it than is actually there. I think some of you have forgotten what it is to joke around with buds and instead just look for things to be offended by.
I've been on this forum for a long time and I know how it started...and despite what you say, it did have something to do with his politics. I may not post a ton, but I see almost every post in this particular thread. I love the joking around on here, but the commie stuff is getting old because it does have some political influence behind it...as McGill admitted. Just a bit tired of seeing political stuff show up on this forum...even if it's a loose reference or a bit of a dog whistle. If pushing it off as me being overly sensitive and easily offended...fine...but it's been going on for well over a year and I haven't said anything until now. I see calling someone "commie" in a joking way as being similar to jokingly calling someone a "nazi"...you only do it if you think there's a little truth behind it.

Also...I'm not trying to be super confrontational here because I like almost everyone on here (even grumpy McGill) and don't want an argument to get going, so I'll leave it alone since I've shared my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I've been on this forum for a long time and I know how it started...and despite what you say, it did have something to do with his politics. I may not post a ton, but I see almost every post in this particular thread. I love the joking around on here, but the commie stuff is getting old because it does have some political influence behind it...as McGill admitted. Just a bit tired of seeing political stuff show up on this forum...even if it's a loose reference or a bit of a dog whistle. If pushing it off as me being overly sensitive and easily offended...fine...but it's been going on for well over a year and I haven't said anything until now. Also...I'm not trying to be super confrontational here because I like almost everyone on here (even grumpy McGill) and don't want an argument to get going, so I'll leave it alone since I've shared my 2 cents.
Agreed. We have to listen and argue about that crap all the time in everyday life, leave it at the door so we can all just enjoy yelling at each other about sports/UT related stuff.

I've been on this forum for a long time and I know how it started...and despite what you say, it did have something to do with his politics. I may not post a ton, but I see almost every post in this particular thread. I love the joking around on here, but the commie stuff is getting old because it does have some political influence behind it...as McGill admitted. Just a bit tired of seeing political stuff show up on this forum...even if it's a loose reference or a bit of a dog whistle. If pushing it off as me being overly sensitive and easily offended...fine...but it's been going on for well over a year and I haven't said anything until now. I see calling someone "commie" in a joking way as being similar to jokingly calling someone a "nazi"...you only do it if you think there's a little truth behind it.

Also...I'm not trying to be super confrontational here because I like almost everyone on here (even grumpy McGill) and don't want an argument to get going, so I'll leave it alone since I've shared my 2 cents.
We are a family no matter what political views anyone has…This should be an offend free zone so leave that nonsense at the door. I will call Jack a commie and make Honda Civic jokes even though he apparently drives a highlander. Jack is family and that is what makes the recruiting forum special. If it ventures too much into politics or religion… we will get our hand spanked and it will be deleted.giphy.gif

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
We are a family no matter what political views anyone has…This should be an offend free zone so leave that nonsense at the door. I will call Jack a commie and make Honda Civic jokes even though he apparently drives a highlander. Jack is family and that is what makes the recruiting forum special. If it ventures too much into politics or religion… we will get our hand spanked and it will be deleted.View attachment 627942
Didn't think I was being a d*ck, but you're welcome to be one...I guess. Sorry I stepped on your toes by disagreeing with something you enjoy doing.

Reactions: So.ProVOL
Didn't think I was being a d*ck, but you're welcome to be one...I guess. Sorry I stepped on your toes by disagreeing with something you enjoy doing.
Long time posters occasionally light hassling another longtime poster about something as innocuous as his somewhat minority political views seems like something not really worth taking issue with tbh

Commie. They always slip up just like on Scooby-Doo.

Reactions: volbeast33

Ive espoused my frustrations with it. And frankly just shrug it off. There are times, esp when some newb doesnt get the context, that I riled up inasmuch to search for a W gaffe or some such nonsense. Anymore I just see it as something lighthearted that the Geheime Staatspolizei gets a chortle from.

But there is def a line, I think ive done a decent job (at times) of not crossing (def crossed in the PF). Other's seem to do the same. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Even Eeyore doesnt bother me.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
Ive espoused my frustrations with it. And frankly just shrug it off. There are times, esp when some newb doesnt get the context, that I riled up inasmuch to search for a W gaffe or some such nonsense. Anymore I just see it as something lighthearted that the Geheime Staatspolizei gets a chortle from.

But there is def a line, I think ive done a decent job (at times) of not crossing (def crossed in the PF). Other's seem to do the same. So, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Even Eeyore doesnt bother me.
And that's the thing...I've seen you say you didn't like it and it has continued. Like I said in my last post...if it's just joking, then they should be fine if the retort is to call them "Fascist".

I agree with what @volbeast33 said about it being somewhat of a family here and being able to joke and pick at others (even if he was a bit d*ckish towards me), but there's a line there and this family should be ok with someone respectfully suggesting that the line has been crossed.

Honestly, I'm mostly concerned about if Tillman is coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
And that's the thing...I've seen you say you didn't like it and it has continued. Like I said in my last post...if it's just joking, then they should be fine if the retort is to call them "Fascist".

I agree with what @volbeast33 said about it being somewhat of a family here and being able to joke and pick at others (even he was a bit d*ckish towards me), but there's a line there and this family should be ok with someone respectfully suggesting that the line has been crossed.

Honestly, I'm mostly concerned about if Tillman is coming back.
I think he gone.

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas
If it bothers you then we should stop doing it. JMO though I can be abrasive, never called you a commie and thought it was all just a joke.
Yeah, I thought it was all a very tongue-in-cheek joke because I'd rather claw my eyes out with my bare hands than spend any meaningful time in the politics forum so I don't really know his politics. I thought it was making fun of the reactionary trope of calling anyone who has even slight disagreements with you a communist.

Reactions: Orange.
I wasn’t trying to be a d&ck although i can see how it would be taken that way…. I don’t have much a filter…. I tend to just say my opinion and i love gifs. I don’t know many people on here but I definitely feel close to them… We talk about our kids, heartbreaks, successes. We pray for each other…. You can’t get offended over pretty innocent things like picking at each… Pretty soon we won’t have anything to talk about bc anyone can decide they are offended by anything…. I am not able to be offended so you can say anything to me or about me.

I wasn’t trying to be a d&ck although i can see how it would be taken that way…. I don’t have much a filter…. I tend to just say my opinion and i love gifs. I don’t know many people on here but I definitely feel close to them… We talk about our kids, heartbreaks, successes. We pray for each other…. You can’t get offended over pretty innocent things like picking at each… Pretty soon we won’t have anything to talk about bc anyone can decide they are offended by anything…. I am not able to be offended so you can say anything to me or about me.
A lot if this discussion got moved to the off topic thread. Jack said he had expressed frustration with being called a commie and it kept going on. I knew he had and that was part of the reason I said something and why I didn't see it as normal picking. I think we established that commie can acceptably be responded to with fascist and those will be the ground rules moving forward...lol.

Reactions: franklinpence

I know how it started too, because I started it. So I know it wasn't about his politics. If others have taken it to be political, that's on them, but they didn't start it, I did. I suppose you think Jack and myself actually mess around with each other's mothers too. Sometimes, a joke is just a joke.

Reactions: Glitch
I know how it started too, because I started it. So I know it wasn't about his politics. If others have taken it to be political, that's on them, but they didn't start it, I did. I suppose you think Jack and myself actually mess around with each other's mothers too. Sometimes, a joke is just a joke.
Have you ignored what Jack has said in response to what I've posted? Might be good to take in the additional context. I never said you had ill intentions, so no need to be defensive...just giving some feedback on how it looks from my own point of view.

gifoftheday confused gif | WiffleGif

Wait, that’s not real? So many lies in this place. My world is falling a part.

IMG_1103.gif

I kid…just for $#!+$ and grins.

VN Store

Back