Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Williams needs to be a Jack.

Imo he can be a star there.

I read in a thread the other day that he is adding too much weight to keep off the line - i thought he and Bohannon would both be there next year but it doesnt look like that will end up happening with Jwil

LOVE how posters from the recuiting forum think they are so much more sophisticated and above the football forum while they spend their time analyzing the whims and following recruiting tweets of 17 year old boys.

... and time!

50 posts. Probably a new record.

Reactions: 2 people
The newcomers to UT or to a starting role must step up for UT to be successful in 2012.

It's not the ideal situation to count on, but UT has some reasons to be excited with this group of players...

McCullers: Massive. That's exactly what you want from a NG in a 3-4. As long as he can be a 2 gap player he will successfully do his job. If Palermo can't get McCullers to be a contributor than something is seriously wrong.

Sentimore: The safest pick out of the bunch to be an integral part to UT's success in 2012. Could be a 1 and done player...

Clear: Clear is one of those players that doesn't have to show up in the stat box to seriously contribute. All he has to do is be a concern for the opposing D in matchup problems and a run blocking TE. IMO, Clear might be the most underrated talent on UT's team in 2012.

Richardson: Time for the production to meet the hype. I think this is the most risky of the group while also being the most important. IMO, outside of Bray, Tiny could have the most influence of any player for UT in 2012. That's a lot to ask of a guy with so little experience.

Moore: Highly rated prospect that truly needs to secure the FS spot. Allowing Pre to stay at CB and Brewer to remain at LB (Don't think he starts in 2012) is huge for the secondary. Either Wilks, Brewer, or Pre starting at S means problems for the secondary.

Patterson: All this guy needs to do is come in and be consistent. His talent will allow him to immediately contribute. Fast tempo in a three wr set of Rogers, Patterson, and Hunter could be dynamic.

I didn't include a RB...imo UT doesn't have a back on the roster that can make an OL look good, it's the other way around for UT in 2012...

Contributions from these 6 will go a long long way in 2012...

Great thread jmoore. But I didn't get in before Fade Route said "look at me I want to be seen and need attention."

Reactions: 5 people
I like the optimism, but we need another year or two of good recruiting to get talented depth enough to consistently win championships. Concerns for this year are Patterson's eligibility, McCullers getting game ready, 3-4 learning curve and lack of quality depth at many positions.

I believe our record will be much better than the last 5 years and we are good enough to pull some upsets, but could also lose a game or 2 that we should win.

I believe we could be the come back team of the year and be in the top 20. JMO.

The newcomers to UT or to a starting role must step up for UT to be successful in 2012.

It's not the ideal situation to count on, but UT has some reasons to be excited with this group of players...

McCullers: Massive. That's exactly what you want from a NG in a 3-4. As long as he can be a 2 gap player he will successfully do his job. If Palermo can't get McCullers to be a contributor than something is seriously wrong.

Sentimore: The safest pick out of the bunch to be an integral part to UT's success in 2012. Could be a 1 and done player...

Clear: Clear is one of those players that doesn't have to show up in the stat box to seriously contribute. All he has to do is be a concern for the opposing D in matchup problems and a run blocking TE. IMO, Clear might be the most underrated talent on UT's team in 2012.

Richardson: Time for the production to meet the hype. I think this is the most risky of the group while also being the most important. IMO, outside of Bray, Tiny could have the most influence of any player for UT in 2012. That's a lot to ask of a guy with so little experience.

Moore: Highly rated prospect that truly needs to secure the FS spot. Allowing Pre to stay at CB and Brewer to remain at LB (Don't think he starts in 2012) is huge for the secondary. Either Wilks, Brewer, or Pre starting at S means problems for the secondary.

Patterson: All this guy needs to do is come in and be consistent. His talent will allow him to immediately contribute. Fast tempo in a three wr set of Rogers, Patterson, and Hunter could be dynamic.

I didn't include a RB...imo UT doesn't have a back on the roster that can make an OL look good, it's the other way around for UT in 2012...

I am really excited about Sentimore and MT. McCullers. Very important pieces to the D puzzle. Not the only ones but big ones.

What was said? Positive or Negative?

Hubbs had alot of positive things to say about his performance thus far, and said that his body will be able to hold 300 pouds easily and play some nose tackle. Said he has done better than expected thus far.

The truth always gets attention

And by truth you mean turning a legitimate discussion about football into some BS cry for attention on your part just like what happens in the football forum (hence the reason for this thread)?

And by truth you mean turning a legitimate discussion about football into some BS cry for attention on your part just like what happens in the football forum (hence the reason for this thread)?

By truth I simply mean that what I posted consistently happens routinely with recruiting threads. A legitimate topic is offered and usually paired with some crack about the football forum. I just think it's ironic that some people think recruiting is some kind of sacred science that only serious football fans understand can speak intelligently on, and its BS.

Man, I hope McCullers produces like everyone thinks. It's rare that a man that big comes into camp in shape. My guess is that he will need some serious work and might make an impact later in the season, kind of like Mo Couch did. Hope I'm wrong and he dominates right away.

By truth I simply mean that what I posted consistently happens routinely with recruiting threads. A legitimate topic is offered and usually paired with some crack about the football forum. I just think it's ironic that some people think recruiting is some kind of sacred science that only serious football fans understand can speak intelligently on, and its BS.

It's not that recruiting isn't mostly BS. It is imo. The fact is that somewhere along the line the football forum got overrun with idiots (always that way?) and for whatever reason they tend to stay out of the recruiting forum. That's not to say there aren't idiots here too, it's just a lower percentage.

The cracks about the football forum aren't meant to glorify the importance or accuracy of the information in the recruiting forum. They're meant to belittle the average poster in the football forum.

I was so sad to hear about Christian Harris' injury. We had all heard about how much he had grown and was getting favorable comments from the coaching staff. We will miss his size at MLB as a backup. 6'2" 238lbs He really did bulk up. I haven't heard whether he will need surgury or not. I assume yes. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

It's not that recruiting isn't mostly BS. It is imo. The fact is that somewhere along the line the football forum got overrun with idiots (always that way?) and for whatever reason they tend to stay out of the recruiting forum. That's not to say there aren't idiots here too, it's just a lower percentage.

The cracks about the football forum aren't meant to glorify the importance or accuracy of the information in the recruiting forum. They're meant to belittle the average poster in the football forum.

Uh....yes they are. They act like a group of Star Wars convention attendees where someone has the audacity to ask what is C3P0's primary functional gigabyte capacity.

Uh....yes they are. They act like a group of Star Wars convention attendees where someone has the audacity to ask what is C3P0's primary functional gigabyte capacity.

And you act like an absolute dumb ass that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Reactions: 8 people
Good luck with this, but...

1. I am excited to see how the running game and line have developed

2. I expect the secondary to be greatly improved.

3. I am concerned about our depth on defense, and our ability to run the 3-4 effectively. I think we will still see more 4-3 this year.

4. Whenever we have to put a foot on a ball, I'm just gonna leave the room

I really don't understand why it's so hard for us to find a kicker that can get it above a d linemans armpit.. All those years our kickers were automatic.. It never crossed my mind that we would miss anything within 45, and never thought of one being blocked.. Oh how things can change in a hurry...

And you act like an absolute dumb ass that serves no purpose whatsoever.

Ok, I'll admit this morning that the Star Wars analogy was pretty stupid..........I was tired? But I stand by my other posts. And your comment was above was a bit much - even though I ripped you for your NFL potential post, I didn't resort to calling you a DA..........just sayin

Reactions: 1 person
No back will get enough touches to approach those numbers.

I would settle for 1,200 from our starter and an extra 1,000 from the rest

i disagree with you.if one of them can seperate their self from the rest,he would get most of the touches.:salute:

Good post.

I think our RB's will be fine. I look for Neal or Lane to really step up and be our workhorse. I'm most excited about DY tho. Coach Graham has plenty of tools to work with.

I really don't understand why it's so hard for us to find a kicker that can get it above a d linemans armpit.. All those years our kickers were automatic.. It never crossed my mind that we would miss anything within 45, and never thought of one being blocked.. Oh how things can change in a hurry...

Agree.

What really kills me is that out of the long list of great kickers we have had our current group was rated the highest out of hs.

I've heard some in the local media grumbling about Maggit working at ILB. While I agree he should be outside, moving some guys around this time of year means squat.

It just helps our depth.

Local media is clueless. They just try to stir the pot and hope that something negative sticks to the wall.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, I hope McCullers produces like everyone thinks. It's rare that a man that big comes into camp in shape. My guess is that he will need some serious work and might make an impact later in the season, kind of like Mo Couch did. Hope I'm wrong and he dominates right away.

UT doesn't need him to produce in terms of numbers. We need him to fill a couple of gaps so that teams don't run it down our throats and our ILBs don't get pancaked every snap. I doubt any of our NTs will put up huge numbers; that's a rarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back