Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) Wasn't Taylor being mentioned as a part of the NT Rotation?

Will probably take some time for him to bulk up to play NT, but in the mean time DE in 3-4 sets and some DT in 4-3 sets should be where he plays imo.

I hope this thread works.

Agree on Maggitt. I want to see him in different spots on the field where they never know where he might be coming from. I don't see Teague in the two deep either. Orta should be in the mix at safety.

Here is my breakdown of how I hope our 3-4 defensive depth chart looks by the N.C. State game:

DE: Darrington Sentimore(6'3", 288lbs), Trent Taylor (6'3", 280lbs), Corey Miller (6'3", 275lbs), Jordan Williams (6'5", 255lbs)

NT: Daniel McCullers(6'7, 370lbs), Daniel Hood (6'4", 293lbs), Danny O'Brien (6'2", 293lbs), Alan Carson (6'2", 320lbs), Greg Clark (6'2", 318lbs)

DE: Maruice Couch(6'2", 295lbs), Marlon Walls (6'2", 283lbs), Steven Fowlkes (6'5", 255lbs), Trevarris Saulsberry (6'5", 280lbs)

SLB: Curt Maggitt (6'3", 227lbs), Brent Brewer (6'1", 225lbs), Dontavius Sapp (6'2", 223lbs)

ILB: Herman Lathers (6'0", 225lbs), Greg King (6'2", 238lbs), Nigel Mitchell-Thornton (6'1", 239lbs), Channing Fugate (6'1", 223lbs), Kenneth Bynum (6'1", 213lbs)

ILB: A.J. Johnson (6'3", 244lbs), Raiques Crump (6'1", 220lbs), John Propst (6'0", 225lbs), Justin King (6'3", 212lbs), Christian Harris (6'2", 238lbs)

JLB: Jacques Smith (6'2", 244lbs), Willie Bohannon (6'2", 255lbs), LaTroy Lewis (6'4", 235lbs)

CB: Prentiss Waggner (6'2", 180lbs), Eric Gordon (5'9"', 197lbs), Tino Thomas (6'0" 199lbs), Daniel Gray (6'0", 165lbs)

CB: Izauea Lanier (6'1", 188lbs), Marsalis Teague (5'10", 183lbs), Justin Coleman (5'10", 180lbs), Deion Bonner (5'11", 185lbs)

S: Brian Randolph (6'0", 189lbs), LaDarrell McNeil (6'1", 190lbs)

S: Byron Moore (6'1", 196lbs), Rod Wilks (6'0", 217lbs)

* Black Bolded Indicates Starter

* This depth chart is relying on a few things:

1) McCullers is able to come in & give us 20-25 snaps a game as the startng NT.

2) Corey Miller gets his grades in order & is back w/ the team in the summer.

3) Herman Lathers can get his ankle back to being 90-95% healthy.

4) We stay healthy through the summer & fall camps.

* I also think that Jordan Williams could give us some snaps as a DE or Jack LB, he played the Jack position in HS.

* I think Maggitt is better suited for the Strong LB spot, especially if Lathers is healthy & can be a starter Inside.

* Hubbs has mentioned numerous times that Byron Moore has been getting the first team reps at Saftey along w/ Randolph, they said he has started to come on as of late.

* Hubbs has alos mentioned the same for Raqiues Crump, he had been gettting some first team reps at ILB for a few practices.

* I think Danny O'Brien can get well over 300lbs by August & could give us some snaps at NT or DE.

I agree with this. I think your starters in the front 7 are perfect. Brewer could be best coming of the bench as a nickel LB.

Has anything been said on how Carson has been doing recently? He was better than I expected on goal line situations last year, but have not heard anything on him lately. Also, on that same topic what about Saulsberry at end? Remembered hearing about him during workouts how he had lost weight and was in good shape, but have not heard anything since.

IIRC, recently, maybe Hubbs said that he is lazy and is not pushing for playing time. He is not getting after it apparently.

LOVE the size we've built up in the front 7.

A Few Questions.
1) Has Brewer fully converted to LB?
2) Wasn't Taylor being mentioned as a part of the NT Rotation?
3) How has J-Smith looked in his move from DE to a standup LB?

Brewer is expected to completely move to LB this summer once his knee is healed. The staff wants Brewer up to 235lbs by the season.

Taylor needs to gain more weight to really hold his own at NT, he is a perfect 3-4 DE.

I haven't heard or read anything on J. smith.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, I just read many intelligent UT football comments from actual UT fans.
I don't post very much (well, almost never) but I read comments often and really hope this takes off. Great job guys, really mean it.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow, I just read many intelligent UT football comments from actual UT fans.
I don't post very much (well, almost never) but I read comments often and really hope this takes off. Great job guys, really mean it.

Agreed. The FF has become the Endzone from Hell (no offense Zoners). The best/only chance for legit football talk is here. I've hoped for something like this for a while.

Most quality information comes into the RF on a consistent basis thanks to a handful of dedicated posters (Thanks you guys - you know who you are). It only makes sense to allow some real nuts and bolts football conversation here imo.

Agreed. The FF has become the Endzone from Hell (no offense Zoners). The best/only chance for legit football talk is here. I've hoped for something like this for a while.

Most quality information comes into the RF on a consistent basis thanks to a handful of dedicated posters (Thanks you guys - you know who you are). It only makes sense to allow some real nuts and bolts football conversation here imo.

The Zone is at least amusing most of the time.

I love the depth amongst the db's. I would love nothing more to see a guy like Bonner come in and show the talent to start/contribute immediately. Depth is great, but we need lockdown talent in freshmen every so often.

I'm most happy about us playing press man coverage.

I'm most worried about Aj or Maggitt going down. Would be hard to recover from.

My breakout guys on defense are: AJ Johnson- I think if he's healthy he'll be a star

Byron Moore at FS- he reads the QB well and looked good when he was on the field last year. Also he can bump down on the slot in the nickel to get Orta or McNeil on the field.

Guys I want to see grow: Justin Coleman- like his skill set, mindset, and potential. I want to see him put it together.

Tino Thomas- I know he just got on campus but he's a steal at 6'0 200lbs with real 4.4 speed.

Jordan Williams- really thought he was going to breakout I like his skill set. I want him to really find his niche in this defense.

I'm most happy about us playing press man coverage.

I'm most worried about Aj or Maggitt going down. Would be hard to recover from.

My breakout guys on defense are: AJ Johnson- I think if he's healthy he'll be a star

Byron Moore at FS- he reads the QB well and looked good when he was on the field last year. Also he can bump down on the slot in the nickel to get Orta or McNeil on the field.

Guys I want to see grow: Justin Coleman- like his skill set, mindset, and potential. I want to see him put it together.

Tino Thomas- I know he just got on campus but he's a steal at 6'0 200lbs with real 4.4 speed.

Jordan Williams- really thought he was going to breakout I like his skill set. I want him to really find his niche in this defense.

I also think that Randolph will really break out this year.

I've heard some in the local media grumbling about Maggit working at ILB. While I agree he should be outside, moving some guys around this time of year means squat.

It just helps our depth.

I've heard some in the local media grumbling about Maggit working at ILB. While I agree he should be outside, moving some guys around this time of year means squat.

It just helps our depth.

He's inside so teams can't just double down on AJ. Having both of them behind McCullers will keep at least one of our best players on defense free at all times.

This is a good idea. Between the 12-year-olds (whatever their real age is), the know-nothings and the fake Vols fans, the FF is basically unreadable.

LOVE how posters from the recuiting forum think they are so much more sophisticated and above the football forum while they spend their time analyzing the whims and following recruiting tweets of 17 year old boys.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back