Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Jalen or the people around him are incredibly stupid.

He will more than likely redshirt next year to try and grasp the position change to TE (if he does indeed switch to TE), play his senior season, contribute little and fall into the depths of College Football darkness. The next time we will see him will be either: a.) his name gets called out of nowhere in the 7th round of the draft because of his intangibles (Bryce Brown esque) b.) at a random moment when a Canadian Football League game comes on.

I never want to see a kid not succeed but his path to success in football is so uphill with a position change and with his me-first personality that shys away from adversity I just don't see it happening.

The only TN player that I know if that drives a really nice and expensive vehicle is Kahlil. We know where that money came from.

I noticed all the cars that Bama players where next to had Florida tags on them, atleast all the cars/trucks with visible license plates.

Another thing, which I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this would be a very rare case, but I had a friend that got a full ride to college to play ball. His parents had quite a college savings for him and gave him the $$ saved to buy a new car.

Got a text from the News Sentinel saying UT is paying $75K to a search firm.

Give me $50K.

Blackburn / Fulmer

or

Fulmer / Blackburn

or

Blackburn

Getting-it-done-gif.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Another thing, which I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this would be a very rare case, but I had a friend that got a full ride to college to play ball. His parents had quite a college savings for him and gave him the $$ saved to buy a new car.

That sounds like an exception. Most people don't have the foresight to save for college for their kids. Plus, athletes' parents have to spend those college savings on the Rivals, Scout, and 247 Football camps so that their kids will get a decent rating and get lot's of scholarship offers.

Reactions: 3 people

Well again, that could be true for some of these guys. But the sheer number of them that are seen in the links that were posted indicate much more than their parents saving up a little nest egg to buy them a new car. Why isn't that happening for atheletes at other universities? Why are a lot of the cars played with Florida tags? A G Wagon? That is some savings. Some of these cars are even customized with rims and one player even had his name on the side of his Charger. These are expensive vehicles.

The only TN player that I know if that drives a really nice and expensive vehicle is Kahlil. We know where that money came from.

Eh. I usually tailgate behind the Anderson Training Center in the lot behind the baseball field. You should see some of the cars that come out of there after a game. Saw a player get into a mercedes after the FL game last year. Can't remember who he was but he was a 2nd or 3rd string DB, IIRC.

While visiting friends in Bama we drove past the athletic facility. While most schools athletes drive around on scooters, their lot was full of Chargers, Mustangs, BMW's, Benzes, and nice trucks. I've never seen anything like it.

The girl I was visiting said there's a dealer that's run by boosters, and they sell them the cars and do some paperwork saying the kids don't have to pay until they graduate and that it's 100% legal because of the paperwork. I wish the NCAA had some balls to go break that mess up

Ha ha y'all act like We don't do the same thing. I Remember seeing Plenty of "fly" rides when I was on the hill. Lewis, Henry, big John, they all had Branf new rides with big systems in them. Escalades, hummers, jags, It happens everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Eh. I usually tailgate behind the Anderson Training Center in the lot behind the baseball field. You should see some of the cars that come out of there after a game. Saw a player get into a mercedes after the FL game last year. Can't remember who he was but he was a 2nd or 3rd string DB, IIRC.

I'd be curious to see that. If our guys are getting this treatment I would be surprised. We wouldn't be this far behind Bama in recruiting if we were handing out Mercedes, Chargers, BMWs, Corvettes, G Wagons and Raptors imo. Maybe our Boosters are handing out Honda Civics or something. Maybe a Prius or 2

Ha ha y'all act like We don't do the same thing. I Remember seeing Plenty of "fly" rides when I was on the hill. Lewis, Henry, big John, they all had Branf new rides with big systems in them. It happens everywhere. Don't be so

Yup. If Fulmer becomes AD my hope is him and Butch revamping our bagman approach. Phil probably knows all the tricks.

I'd be curious to see that. If our guys are getting this treatment I would be surprised. We wouldn't be this far behind Bama in recruiting if we were handing out Mercedes, Chargers, BMWs, Corvettes, G Wagons and Raptors imo. Maybe our Boosters are handing out Honda Civics or something. Maybe a Prius or 2

lol, you have a point. Maybe our boosters are too busy fighting over the AD position to remember to hand out the Mercedes this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back