Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 4 people
I hope he embraces DT in our scheme. He has the potential to be crazy good with his athleticism. Plus, he would add much needed help at the position with McKenzie and Tuttle coming off injuries. I think Philips is more natural at DE, so I hope he can play there more this coming season.

This could happen. I prefer to see Kongbo develop into our Clowney. But if he does not have that type talent, it would be better for him to play inside more. Agree on Phillips - body type and technique fits for DE.

We wondered why BJ Emmons just out of the blue picked Bama over us... 🤔

We sure that is in fact his ride and him not just leaning and taking a pic with it? Would be hard to believe he's rolling around Tuscaloosa and campus in that thing without drawing attention...

While visiting friends in Bama we drove past the athletic facility. While most schools athletes drive around on scooters, their lot was full of Chargers, Mustangs, BMW's, Benzes, and nice trucks. I've never seen anything like it.

The girl I was visiting said there's a dealer that's run by boosters, and they sell them the cars and do some paperwork saying the kids don't have to pay until they graduate and that it's 100% legal because of the paperwork. I wish the NCAA had some balls to go break that mess up

Reactions: 6 people
We sure that is in fact his ride and him not just leaning and taking a pic with it? Would be hard to believe he's rolling around Tuscaloosa and campus in that thing without drawing attention...

There are two different pics of him with it on his instagram in two different locations. Looks like it's his.

While visiting friends in Bama we drove past the athletic facility. While most schools athletes drive around on scooters, their lot was full of Chargers, Mustangs, BMW's, Benzes, and nice trucks. I've never seen anything like it.

The girl I was visiting said there's a dealer that's run by boosters, and they sell them the cars and do some paperwork saying the kids don't have to pay until they graduate and that it's 100% legal because of the paperwork. I wish the NCAA had some balls to go break that mess up

Unless other students have the same access, then this is a special privileged scenario. But will the NCAA look into this? Nope.

Reactions: 2 people

Guessing we only know people with a Huffy dealership

Reactions: 6 people

Yes, there are some things that can be done that I am not sure the NCAA can stop. One is loaning money to a student-athlete for either a vehicle or housing or something like that. Gary Parrish discussed this when the Donnie Tyndall investigation came up. He insinuated that this is not uncommon, and then the debt is wiped out when the player leaves the school.

A second is pell grant money and now the cost of attendance money that players receive. When I was at UT between 98-02 and saw a few players with decent rides, I was told that the players are able to pocket their pell grant money, and some spend it on vehicles.

All that said, I have no doubt that some players at Bama receive some extra benefits. As we know, with their other blue bloods, the NCAA won't care.

If they don't offer that same deal to all other Alabama students, then it is an NCAA violation, pure and simple.

Unless other students have the same access, then this is a special privileged scenario. But will the NCAA look into this? Nope.

Do all bama players even get the deal? I can't imagine that every single player gets this deal. Or maybe the lower rated recruits don't get the under coating. Without that their Charger will be worthless in 25 year! Bwahahahaha.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back