Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this whole deal has been very discouraging. Always joked about our lack of leadership, but all this is exposing how bad it really is.

Almost feels hopeless

How many teams do you watch and see the secondary do these AMAZING things:
Run along in stride with the receiver.
Take the proper angle to be able to see the ball and/or turn to look for the ball at the proper time.
Jump, when needed, to find the ball at its apex.
Play the ball and receiver without committing a penalty.

I guess these are not easy things to teach.
But, wouldn't it be great if we found somebody who could.

How many teams do you watch and see the secondary do these AMAZING things:
Run along in stride with the receiver.
Take the proper angle to be able to see the ball and/or turn to look for the ball at the proper time.
Jump, when needed, to find the ball at its apex.
Play the ball and receiver without committing a penalty.

I guess these are not easy things to teach.
But, wouldn't it be great if we found somebody who could.

So true

And UT has had garbage DB play for years now.

I like Blackburn, don't get my wrong. Think he would be a good fit.

But I also am willing to bet there are AD's with stronger resumes out there that we should take a look at.

If you want someone who understands this program, this conference, what it takes to win and has a proven track record and loves Tennessee and wants to win big then Dave Blackburn is the hire.

If you want a resume builder then I'm sure we can find someone who has a better sheet of paper they can stick on the chancellor lady's desk.

Reactions: 3 people
Meh. "Firing our best basketball coach ever" pretty well disqualified it.

I think that you would be hard-pressed to argue anyone was better than Pearl. Mears had his moments and did a great job, but he did not accomplish nearly as much in the post-season as Pearl.

I like Blackburn, don't get my wrong. Think he would be a good fit.

But I also am willing to bet there are AD's with stronger resumes out there that we should take a look at.

There are certainly other viable candidates. I think the reason most of us are upset is that we have had a very good candidate ready for months and are still dragging our feet and are no closer to hiring an AD than we were when Hart resigned.

There are certainly other viable candidates. I think the reason most of us are upset is that we have had a very good candidate ready for months and are still dragging our feet and are no closer to hiring an AD than we were when Hart resigned.

Timing of the University President change and AD change has slowed the process. Typical UT timing

I think that you would be hard-pressed to argue anyone was better than Pearl. Mears had his moments and did a great job, but he did not accomplish nearly as much in the post-season as Pearl.

I won't dispute his results at all.

I was speaking more towards this narrative some people have that Pearl was unjustly fired, as if UT had any other choice. It was a ridiculous cluster, but ultimately Bruce did Bruce.

Now that guys like Pancratz, Brian Rice and other people that were within the program at that time are starting to admit that, it's becoming more clear to me that it was never going to end well.

I won't dispute his results at all.

I was speaking more towards this narrative some people have that Pearl was unjustly fired, as if UT had any other choice. It was a ridiculous cluster, but ultimately Bruce did Bruce.

Now that guys like Pancratz, Brian Rice and other people that were within the program at that time are starting to admit that, it's becoming more clear to me that it was never going to end well.

If UT had gotten behind Bruce instead of throwing him to the wolves, it could have gone differently

Reactions: 4 people
I don't see why we need an alum, you narrow your talent pool by about 10000% if that's the criteria

Because we need someone who cares about UT and about winning. Not someone who cares about building a resume or worrying about the bottom line.

We are in the mess we are in now because we have too many people who are interested in egos and agendas and not about what really matters....winning.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back