Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Wolken
@DanWolken: Already hearing people in the industry grumble about Alabama out-maneuvering Tennessee on the AD hire. Have heard wacky stuff on Vols.

When asked if by wacky, he meant incompetent:

Dan Wolken
@DanWolken:I was trying to be nice.

On our search:

Dan Wolken
@DanWolken: Very political. Not your standard AD search.

Good Ole Wolken

Dan Wolken
@DanWolken: Already hearing people in the industry grumble about Alabama out-maneuvering Tennessee on the AD hire. Have heard wacky stuff on Vols.

When asked if by wacky, he meant incompetent:

Dan Wolken
@DanWolken:I was trying to be nice.

On our search:

Dan Wolken
@DanWolken: Very political. Not your standard AD search.

Somebody needs to forward this to DiPietro and the Haslams.

Reactions: 2 people
jaws-tenn.gif

Reactions: 8 people
I'd say nobody is more capable of maneuvering all the political bull**** surrounding our athletic department and university administration than Fulmer. Hiring and firing? That's a question mark for me. Blackburn seems like the best choice in my uneducated opinion.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, if UT passes on DB for Fulmer at this point, I have to wonder if Blackburn will say farewell to the Tennessee family at the earliest opportunity.

Still feel like it should be DB at the helm and CPF in an advisory role. Whether the issue be with boosters, administrators or a combination, I doubt we will see a substantial improvement until they are out of the way. Sadly though, as is standard with politics in Tennessee, their replacements will probably be cut from the same cloth.

Reactions: 5 people
Why can't the powers that be pull their heads out of their back sides? They all want the same thing, Tennessee football to be great again. You don't hear this kind of issue at Bama.

By the time we knew Alabama was looking for an AD, they've already hired a new one, smh.

Hamilton, Dooley, firing our best BB coach ever, Bama Dave, best staff in America, hiring a swim coach to run the offense, NO S&C guy... the list of comedies goes on and on and on... The people in charge at UT are just dumb*** morans.

Blackburn or Fulmer. Just get it done so they can come in a fix this disaster of an athletic department.

Reactions: 6 people
By the time we knew Alabama was looking for an AD, they've already hired a new one, smh.

Hamilton, Dooley, firing our best BB coach ever, Bama Dave, best staff in America, hiring a swim coach to run the offense, NO S&C guy... the list of comedies goes on and on and on... The people in charge at UT are just dumb*** morans.

Blackburn or Fulmer. Just get it done so they can come in a fix this disaster of an athletic department.

Cannot gives this enough LIKES!!!!!!

I guess Ramon Foster and Daniel McCullers mean nothing to anyone around here.

I'm a Dallas fan but will root for the Steelers due to Foster. Had several classes with him in college and he always seemed like a cool dude, and actually participated in class.

Why can't the powers that be pull their heads out of their back sides? They all want the same thing, Tennessee football to be great again. You don't hear this kind of issue at Bama.

I'm not sure that is true, I am pretty sure there are several BOT that don't give a damn if UT is great again, as long as its profitable.

Unfortunately, if UT passes on DB for Fulmer at this point, I have to wonder if Blackburn will say farewell to the Tennessee family at the earliest opportunity.

Still feel like it should be DB at the helm and CPF in an advisory role. Whether the issue be with boosters, administrators or a combination, I doubt we will see a substantial improvement until they are out of the way. Sadly though, as is standard with politics in Tennessee, their replacements will probably be cut from the same cloth.

I am pretty sure that he was told to get some director experience and the job would be waiting for him. He did that, and has excelled. So, of course, we are going to do everything that we can to hire someone else.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a Dallas fan but will root for the Steelers due to Foster. Had several classes with him in college and he always seemed like a cool dude, and actually participated in class.

I will root for the Steelers on Sunday and then whomever wins the NFC championship game. The last thing I want is another Steelers or Patriots championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back