Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be way late to this and I apologize if I am, but is Brandon Johnson related to Ochocinco?

Yes, actually. They are cousins.

Yes, Ocho is his uncle

200.gif

Reactions: 3 people
If you can bench 300 you should be able to throw 225 up 10 times so I would guess a 400 + bench you would be in the mid to upper twenties at least.

Sounds pretty accurate. My senior year of college my 1-Rep Max was 395 lbs. & I repped 225 lbs. 24x. That doesn't really prove anything, but it's been a couple of years now so I like to get a brag out over the Internet every now & then.

Reactions: 5 people
Here's the twitter post, could be an older cousin though I suppose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-24-10-31-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-24-10-31-04.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 6
Yes but there is also a difference between maxing and repping. Some guys can rep more than others it has some to do with stamina.

I've never been a competitive lifter, but I wondered if that (stamina) also played a part, as well as technique. I know arm length plays a role in it as well.

It just seemed to me that there were several variables to account for to just make an apples to apples comparison of max bench vs max reps at a set weight.

But again, I'm a novice when it comes to that stuff.

The return versus Bama showed his power. Kid was breaking tackles against one of the strongest teams in college football with ease.

True. But Harvin was very good at breaking tackles as well.

Everytime he lined up at RB, you knew he could break away with speed or power.

Harvin was fast, shifty, and strong... Imo he was the best pure football player I have ever seen.

Evan has some similar skills... which is why I think he is the most talented Safety. Gualden has a battle coming.

Cousin...nephew...I don't care. I just want him to ball out and it looks like he is doing just that. Maybe he can get Ochocinco to come to UT and teach a thing or two.

Reactions: 1 person
Here's an article about OUR Brandon Johnson from WATE in Knoxville that says cousin of Ochocinco:

Brandon Johnson | WATE 6 On Your Side

Could be his first cousin once removed(Dad's Cousin).....depends on who "his" is referring to in that article, and also be why calling cousin/nephew.

Or could just say they're related since it doesn't matter too much beyond that and we're just burning time until season starts.

Cousin...nephew...I don't care. I just want him to ball out and it looks like he is doing just that. Maybe he can get Ochocinco to come to UT and teach a thing or two.

Agreed. I couldn't care less what the relation actually is. And that would be awesome if he would visit and coach our guys up. Like him or not, Chad Johnson was a hell of a receiver.

Agreed. I couldn't care less what the relation actually is. And that would be awesome if he would visit and coach our guys up. Like him or not, Chad Johnson was a hell of a receiver.

Famously head-butted his wife...ain't gonna be anywhere near the program.

"There have been many in the complex that have been impressed by some of the newcomers. It should come as no surprise that Jarrett Guarantano has shown a great work ethic thus far. The New Jersey native gave us great insight to how he has been building toward this moment for years when we visited with him in New York and New Jersey back in March. Now that he's arrived he's logging lots of time with the other quarterbacks and wide receivers. He has shown off his big arm and what several are calling the prettiest spiral among the current group of signal-callers.

Many that we have spoke to continue to gush about the young wideouts who have shown the speed, elusiveness and shake that has been missing from that position lately. Tyler Byrd has shown the wheels, Marquez Callaway has done plenty of good things as well, but it's been Brandon Johnson who has been the consistent eye-catcher thus far. The Miami native hit that growth spurt that we have spoken about over the last month and when you throw in the "catcher-mit" type hands, it's easy to see why the quarterbacks and coaches feel like he will be a steal among this 2016 class. He's caught basically everything that has been thrown at him thus far and flying under the radar isn't likely to be the case for much longer."

- VQ

JG takes the QB job from Dobbs and our new receivers overtake the veterans! 24-0!!!

Reactions: 2 people
"There have been many in the complex that have been impressed by some of the newcomers. It should come as no surprise that Jarrett Guarantano has shown a great work ethic thus far. The New Jersey native gave us great insight to how he has been building toward this moment for years when we visited with him in New York and New Jersey back in March. Now that he's arrived he's logging lots of time with the other quarterbacks and wide receivers. He has shown off his big arm and what several are calling the prettiest spiral among the current group of signal-callers.

Many that we have spoke to continue to gush about the young wideouts who have shown the speed, elusiveness and shake that has been missing from that position lately. Tyler Byrd has shown the wheels, Marquez Callaway has done plenty of good things as well, but it's been Brandon Johnson who has been the consistent eye-catcher thus far. The Miami native hit that growth spurt that we have spoken about over the last month and when you throw in the "catcher-mit" type hands, it's easy to see why the quarterbacks and coaches feel like he will be a steal among this 2016 class. He's caught basically everything that has been thrown at him thus far and flying under the radar isn't likely to be the case for much longer."

- VQ

QB controversy. Dobbs can't pass, START JG!!!

Eh, I would think that thing will be settled sometime in the depths of July, probably with a statement released about 5:59pm on a Friday. Weather a little storm then go on with life.

They let the plaintiffs expend all their energy like a toddler. Now that they don't really have any other big cards to play, the price is probably as low as they'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back