Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
August will be here before we know it! Then that exciting first day of practice! Then comes those everyday reports of practices that we love to hear! And then BAM! Its the first weekend in September and all we can think about at work all week is hearing those words, "ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!" :loco:

I just hope this year's fall camp isn't as terrifying as last year's. Seems like someone went down for an extended period of time or even the entire season during every practice.

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope this year's fall camp isn't as terrifying as last year's. Seems like someone went down for an extended period of time or even the entire season during every practice.

Yeah I'm doubling my Lexapro starting august

Prepare yourself now. Winter I mean fall camp is coming. All we can do is hope nobody too critical goes down. Injuries are unavoidable, but our depth is improving every year. We're going to bust heads this season regardless.

Prepare yourself now. Winter I mean fall camp is coming. All we can do is hope nobody too critical goes down. Injuries are unavoidable, but our depth is improving every year. We're going to bust heads this season regardless.

Yeah. If we make it to the Florida game with only 3 starters out, we will be doing well IMO.

That'd be a lot better than last year iirc

I know Jackson, Gaulden, and Maggitt were out by that point. Pig was also dismissed and North was essentially a non factor. Barnett was playing at about half speed. So basically 5.5 starters out by the UF game.

We were pretty lucky down the stretch, though. Think we lost only Tuttle after the UF game.

I know Jackson, Gaulden, and Maggitt were out by that point. Pig was also dismissed and North was essentially a non factor. Barnett was playing at about half speed. So basically 5.5 starters out by the UF game.

We were pretty lucky down the stretch, though. Think we lost only Tuttle after the UF game.

Heck I'd almost put Martin in that category as well.

Did I read the article right about the strength coach being let go because under his program there seem to be way to many injuries occurring?

Phil Steele predictions:

SEC:

#1 Bama (#2)
#2 LSU (#4)
#3 UT (#7)
#4 OM (#17)

Playoffs:

Peach Bowl: Bama vs. Okla
Fiesta Bowl: LSU vs. FSU

Championship Game: Bama vs. FSU

Bama would go 12-0 regular season; LSU 11-1 to make playoffs.

Last edited:
Phil Steele predictions:

SEC:

#1 Bama (#2)
#2 LSU (#4)
#3 UT (#7)
#4 OM (#17)

Playoffs:

I would be alright with them only beating us once. So long as we win the rematch in Atlanta.

Last edited:
RB DE LB CB QB C OG TE - 100% confidence

DT WR - 90% confident

OT S - least confident, but we will be fine here (75%)

Why is everyone so concerned with safety?

IMO its our deepest position. We're arguably 3-deep with quality starters.

Gaulden/Kelly
Abernathy/Berry
Warrior/Griffin

I feel more comfortable with these 6 guys than I did with Randolph and McNeil.

We're good at safety.

Reactions: 2 people
Phil Steele predictions:

SEC:

#1 Bama (#2)
#2 LSU (#4)
#3 UT (#7)
#4 OM (#17)

Playoffs:

Phil Steele loves him some FSU. I do too but not that much.

Here are my playoff teams:

1. Tennessee (13-0)
2. Florida State (13-0)
3. Oklahoma (12-0)
4. Ohio State (12-1)

Peach Bowl: Tennessee vs. Ohio State
Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. FSU

Championship Game: FSU vs. Tennessee

We party like its 1999.

Reactions: 3 people
It will be tough to get two SEC west teams into the playoffs.

Especially since one won't be playing in the conference championship.

Skip-Bayless.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
Yes but there is also a difference between maxing and repping. Some guys can rep more than others it has some to do with stamina.

I've been a part of bench press contests and as part of powerlifting competitions.

I always thought the best way to do a bench press competition is to put your body weight on the bar and whoever can rep the most wins.

Think I'm going to enter a powerlifting contest for the first time within the next 6 months. 💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾

I've seen that as well too. Dude at the gym I work at can bench 315 21 times but only maxes around 465 I think.

True. But Harvin was very good at breaking tackles as well.

Everytime he lined up at RB, you knew he could break away with speed or power.

Harvin was fast, shifty, and strong... Imo he was the best pure football player I have ever seen.

Evan has some similar skills... which is why I think he is the most talented Safety. Gualden has a battle coming.

That was my biggest comparison to Harvin. Percy didn't do a lot of cuts. He cut just enough at full speed and shredded tackles while running by everybody. One of the best playmakers you will see. Evan is dynamic with the football but coaches like the offensive personnel we've got so it is what it is.

Why is everyone so concerned with safety?

IMO its our deepest position. We're arguably 3-deep with quality starters.

Gaulden/Kelly
Abernathy/Berry
Warrior/Griffin

I feel more comfortable with these 6 guys than I did with Randolph and McNeil.

We're good at safety.
I think it's just uncertainty since we haven't seen any of those guys play as starters yet. We know the talent is there.

Last edited:
This the best collection of talent I've seen on the backend top to bottom at Tennessee. Coupled with the best coaching on the backend. I'm more excited than concerned for sure.

Im not arguing against talent, just pointing out that we haven't seen our 2016 starting safeties play as starters yet, so it seems natural for people to be a little less certain about what they'll bring to the table than guys we have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back