Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
To see Brandon Johnson being mentioned above Byrd and Callaway is outstanding. His HS statistics were less than stellar, and he no doubt flew beneath the radar for most programs.

This looks to be another "trust the coach evaluations" in the making. :good!:

I wonder when people will realize Butch and co. Know how to evaluate talent.

Reactions: 6 people
He's been here two...and he's a JUCO.

Correct

Just a lot of juco kids don't graduate in 4years

Hopefully the summers caught him up but most of the time there isn't enough progress toward graduation because of classes taken at the juco to make it happen in 4 years

Last edited:
Correct

Just a lot of juco kids don't graduate in 4years

Hopefully the summers caught him up but most of the time there isn't enough progress toward graduation because of classes taken at the juco to make it happen in 4 years

So "a lot" don't graduate? Sounds learned. Where are you getting this data?

Reactions: 2 people
So "a lot" don't graduate? Sounds learned. Where are you getting this data?

As I have posted before I have a close family member that works at a D1 school in compliance that deals with such things everyday.

I am not saying he couldn't or didn't graduate. Just that it isn't a given and would be surprising to me

That's why I asked if he graduated. Anyone know?

To see Brandon Johnson being mentioned above Byrd and Callaway is outstanding. His HS statistics were less than stellar, and he no doubt flew beneath the radar for most programs.

This looks to be another "trust the coach evaluations" in the making. :good!:

That got me the most excited as well. We knew Callaway and Byrd were high potential guys, but we really need more solid WR. Glad Johnson is looking good so far.

"The news of the departures of Dontavius Blair and Ray Raulerson wasn't a shocking development. Neither made a move in the spring to be any kind of a factor as both were down the depth chart. Blair is finishing up his degree and will transfer as a graduate player with one year left. He could play immediately anywhere. Raulerson played in five games as a redshirt freshman a season ago. It's likely that both transfer down a level as they seek playing time provided that both want to continue to play. Tennessee coaches are trying to help both players find a good fit for them."

- VQ

Reactions: 9 people
Many that we have spoke to continue to gush about the young wideouts who have shown the speed, elusiveness and shake that has been missing from that position lately. Tyler Byrd has shown the wheels, Marquez Callaway has done plenty of good things as well, but it's been Brandon Johnson who has been the consistent eye-catcher thus far. The Miami native hit that growth spurt that we have spoken about over the last month and when you throw in the "catcher-mit" type hands, it's easy to see why the quarterbacks and coaches feel like he will be a steal among this 2016 class. He's caught basically everything that has been thrown at him thus far and flying under the radar isn't likely to be the case for much longer."

- VQ

Y9Wqy.gif

And that answers that question. Did y'all see that Kameron Martin was released from his LOI from Baylor? GFW, any chance there?

If you can bench 300 you should be able to throw 225 up 10 times so I would guess a 400 + bench you would be in the mid to upper twenties at least.

Most people that bench 400+ can throw up 225 more than 19 times. It becomes light after you're lifting a certain weight. Now as a pro he may have benched 420 but coming out he should've done more than 19. Unless he was training like a pure one rep power lifter(very high weight with low reps). Even they are super strong though and would throw around 225 with ease.

That still all sounds like your opinion. I see no fact-based information that supports your claim.

As a JR at UF, he was supposedly maxing 405 lbs. I don't know what that should equate to in reps at 225.

In any case, he looks twice the size of Evan Berry (which was the original point), and I imagine that Berry isn't throwing up anything close to that kind of weight. Berry may be close to him in the speed dept., but as far as strength, I doubt it's close.

Back to your regularly scheduled Theo Jackson news.

Last edited:
225 should be play weight over 400.

Yes but there is also a difference between maxing and repping. Some guys can rep more than others it has some to do with stamina.

I've been a part of bench press contests and as part of powerlifting competitions.

I always thought the best way to do a bench press competition is to put your body weight on the bar and whoever can rep the most wins.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back