Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I keep seeing Vol fans say stuff like "meh I think we'll be like 8-4, it's a rebuild year next year"

This perspective is confusing to me

Why do I keep seeing Vol fans say stuff like "meh I think we'll be like 8-4, it's a rebuild year next year"

Imo many people think 10-2 or 11-1 will be the new norm thus 8-4 is rebuilding. I think we are a ways away from a one or two loss season the norm. Sure can dream though.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra

We're still rebuilding from Beldar Cornbread.

Personally, I had the progress meter @ 8-4 when Heupel was hired. I think it would be unfair to recalibrate just because he overachieved his 1st couple years.

I just left Sam’s Club in Jonesboro, AR. I saw a husband and wife representing UT big time while in the store. Orange sweatshirts, orange shoes and husband had on a gray cap with orange bill with a Power T. I did not have opportunity to speak to them.
Did that happen to be any of you VN faithful?
I see someone repping the big orange every time I am in Jonesboro

It's a lot of offensive production to replace. Wr, qb, ol....Hard to imagine next year being 'as good'. Plus road trips to Bama and Florida always seem daunting.

I think the defense has a chance to take another step. And I don't think we'll suck offensively.

I would say 8-4 is still on track.... And not 'down' or rebuilding.

We exceeded all expectations last year. So a step back from that isn't really a step back imo.

We're still rebuilding from Beldar Cornbread.

Personally, I had the progress meter @ 8-4 when Heupel was hired. I think it would be unfair to recalibrate just because he overachieved his 1st couple years.
I just don't see us losing four games because it's hard for me to rationalize how four teams on our schedule that can beat us. Maybe during the season that will become evident, but right now it doesn't really look like anyone outside of Bama and UGA can beat us and we don't even know what they will look like at QB.

A&M, Florida, UK and USCjr? How good of a chance do they actually have? Not enough for me to possibly predict that any of them will beat us. They all have more question marks than we do and we were better than all of them last year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back