Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week, I said that Kirby was going to play our WRs with man coverage instead of zone. It looked to me like that is exactly what he did. This nullifies all the switches we have been exploiting where one DB lets a guy go because he knows there is a safety that will pick him up. Bottom line is that he took away our most successful plays that we have been using all year. I have been worried all along that a coach would figure out how to beat our system. Now everyone else will do the same by watching the film of today's game. Most other teams don't have the athletes that Georgia has, but our coaches might as well start preparing for how to adjust.
Nobody has the DBs that can run like UGA’s or the defensive front that can be so disruptive

If folks are going to compare Heup to Spurrier, then Heup has to be willing to do what Spurrier did to shake things up. Stand your starting QB on the sideline beside you and tell him to observe while the two of you discuss it all.

Play Milton for a series or two. Then reinsert Hooker. Both benefit from it.

I feel you. But surely Alabama is comparable to 15 5 star players and we beat them. I love this coaching staff and players but they got beat in every facet of the game of football today.
Im not saying we didnt, but my point is UGA has the horses to play us the way they did. We don have the horses to beat that unless we play perfectly.
Bama does have talent, but theyve lost a ton and I think their constant turnover is catching up with them.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
If folks are going to compare Heup to Spurrier, then Heup has to be willing to do what Spurrier did to shake things up. Stand your starting QB on the sideline beside you and tell him to observe while the two of you discuss it all.

Play Milton for a series or two. Then reinsert Hooker. Both benefit from it.

Lol

I mean Hooker had 212 total yards 0 TDs and just 1 turnover against the best defense in the country...not sure he's out of the race yet.

Needs to bounce back and have 3 big games to close it out. Not playing in Atlanta will probably be the nail in the coffin though.
He's not out of it lol

Very hard to get in a fast pace and rhythm on Offense with so many false starts and unnecessary sacks. Add on the missed overthrows.

We just weren't prepared to play today's game mentally overall. Both players and coaches. Live and let learn.

Win out and hope we can sneak in the BCS as the 4th team.

I hate this...I hope we get back to get another shot at some point. We had several guys pick the absolute worst time to have their worst game.

I hate that we are going to be a joke to everyone again...sickening.

8-1 joke?? Come on, man. We’re going to destroy the next three teams we face and see how it plays out.

If you told me we would hold them to 27 I would have said we won easily.

Really surprised how ineffective the offense was.

That’s just an anomaly. Won’t happen often.

We lost every game last year that we scored under 27. Pitt was the only game we lost where we scored more than 27 (in the regular season).

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Defense played about how I expected. Offense... Not so much. Georgia has some ridiculous speed in defense. WRs were not getting seperation. On TV it was hard to see exactly what was going on but it is insane how long Hendon thought he could sit back there. Thought the Oline played better than the stats would suggest.

Would feel pretty good if we lost a one possession game. As it stands I would say very real but slim chance of getting in the playoff. Need Bama or LSU to win out until the SECC and Kentucky to win out as well. In addition to some help like Clemson and TCU dropping one to somebody.

Oh well. On to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back