Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m disappointed we lost, but dang it, we are still in the midst of an amazing season! I love this team! I’ve only been a Vol fan for the last 7 years...the Vol football I’m used to is usually still trying to get bowl eligible. We are 8-1!! Can’t wait to watch this team put on more steam and finish this season right. GBO!! 🧡🍊🧡🍊🧡

Hooker had a bad game to his standards (69.69% completion percentage...niccccceeee). Bennett was 68%. It was bound to happen. I hope Alabama loses because I don't want any shot of them making the playoffs ever again. The Vols will no longer be #1 but they have 3 games they are capable of dominating. Mizzou and SC have no offense and Vandy sucks. If they take care of business they are 11-1. 11 wins in the regular season for the first time since 1998! The next game is Mizzou at home so one game at a time. If they take care of business and the chips fall their way they may still make the playoffs which is way more than I expected this year. If they take care of business and make the Sugar Bowl I'm still excited for this year. Go Vols!!!!
If all that happens and we eventually run in to UGA again...what do you think will happen? Do you think it is any different?

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Earlier this week, I said that Kirby was going to play our WRs with man coverage instead of zone. It looked to me like that is exactly what he did. This nullifies all the switches we have been exploiting where one DB lets a guy go because he knows there is a safety that will pick him up. Bottom line is that he took away our most successful plays that we have been using all year. I have been worried all along that a coach would figure out how to beat our system. Now everyone else will do the same by watching the film of today's game. Most other teams don't have the athletes that Georgia has, but our coaches might as well start preparing for how to adjust.

I hate this...I hope we get back to get another shot at some point. We had several guys pick the absolute worst time to have their worst game.

I hate that we are going to be a joke to everyone again...sickening.
Look at this way, its usually 3/4 of the SEC we had to hear it from. Right now only one. LOL

It's a team sport. Stop this stuff. Unsettled in the pocket because the line didn't perform like they have been. Needed more time because the receivers were taking longer to get clear. Backs missing blitzers. It's not 95% on Hooker. Georgia just played a nearly flawless game.
Thank You!!!

If Hooker connects on those deep balls he missed it’s a different game. hes hit them all year. He missed them tonight

A lot of the overthrows weren’t on Hooker. UGA was jamming, hand-fighting, and holding from the outset. Those routes are built on timing, and Hooker has thrown them so much he could do it in his sleep. UGA knew they couldn’t get lost in rotating coverages and leaving our WRs free on the backend. They took their chances on using the man-and-jam approach, and it paid off. Plus, many of our sets take 3-4 seconds to come clear which allowed Georgia to pin their ears back and get after Hooker. Heupel failed by not adjusting the gameplan to quick routes, like slants and screens, anything to throw them off balance. We played right into their hand, and once we fell behind we had to stick to our quick-strike approach to overcome the hole that’d been dug. We ran the ball decently at times but couldn’t commit to it because the OL kept us behind the chains with false starts.

It was just a bad all around effort. The rain started at the right time as well. We had a few drops and miscues deep on Georgia’s end that led to empty possessions and lost time. Learn from it. Let’s get ready for Senior Day. Control what we can, which starts with winning out, and let the chips fall.

Last edited:
I am bummed but not like I take a normal loss.

We got beat. It’s okay. We didn’t play well. We can fix a lot of it.

We have a lot to play for.

We can still make the playoffs.

It will be fun to watch the chaos ahead of us unfold.

We will finish the regular season with big blowout wins that will be fun to watch and cathartic.
OMG I hope Heupel let's them score as many as possible against the rest of the schedule.

I really hope that was a one off play calling wise...because that was garbage. I don't know if UGA installed a ton of new stuff especially for us, but I hope we do better than that.

You really don’t. We held them to 27, exactly what we wanted to do. Henson missed a ton of open receivers (both with overthrows and reads) and held on to the ball for fifteen years the other plays. Defense played good enough to win. Got two turnovers. Hooker cost us the game.
Offense going against stacks of 5*s cost us the game.

Earlier this week, I said that Kirby was going to play our WRs with man coverage instead of zone. It looked to me like that is exactly what he did. This nullifies all the switches we have been exploiting where one DB lets a guy go because he knows there is a safety that will pick him up. Bottom line is that he took away our most successful plays that we have been using all year. I have been worried all along that a coach would figure out how to beat our system. Now everyone else will do the same by watching the film of today's game. Most other teams don't have the athletes that Georgia has, but our coaches might as well start preparing for how to adjust.
Georgia didn’t just magically figure out some secret. The problem is that you need ridiculous athletes to do what UGA just did. I do agree that coaches need to work on a better game plan for days like that but I don’t think everyone else is like, “wow, I wish I had thought of that”.

OMG I hope Heupel let's them score as many as possible against the rest of the schedule.

I really hope that was a one off play calling wise...because that was garbage. I don't know if UGA installed a ton of new stuff especially for us, but I hope we do better than that.
I found it really interesting to hear Kirby say after the game that they practiced really hard for 2 weeks to prepare for us.

Meaning during their Florida week they were practice for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back