Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not gonna start with Lincoln that could go for days. There is losing and there is genocide. It is what it is.
Lincoln was a great president, considering that he saved our country you should be thankful...like I said, the indians lost, just like thousands of other groups throughout all of history. It is sad, but judging those men by todays wimpfest morality is goofy.

Lincoln was a great president, considering that he saved our country you should be thankful...like I said, the indians lost, just like thousands of other groups throughout all of history. It is sad, but judging those men by todays wimpfest morality is goofy.

He didn't save anything, after failing to use diplomacy he had superior numbers and supplies and failed to call off the dogs that pillaged what was part of his own country. That's not even mentioning the crap he pulled with the Native Americans/ You call it wimpfest morality, I call it seeing through the whitewashed textbooks we were all fed in school. There is always more to the truth than what is taught by the victors.

I was a big fan of both when I was young. There is great music in every genre. And I love to hear acts like Randy Houser, Lee Brice and The Osbourne Brothers, but I agree a lot of radio country is garbage, I don't understand how acts like The band Perry or Dan and Shea are considered country music...sounds like crappy pop music to me.

CapitalDelayedGoat-size_restricted.gif

Yep, do NOT swim in the ocean! Rip current almost carried me out to sea there on the south end in the early 1980s.. Had to swim for my life to get out of the water.
On a side note, my kids love Bondi Rescue on Netflix. It's amazing how many people the lifeguards will pull out of the rips and then the same person will head straight back in the water in the same spot. A lot of them can't even swim as it is.

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Who is Vice Chancellor Carrilli and why do they still have a job?!

Y'all know I'm about as lefty as it gets, but I think it's a slippery slope to expel a student for doing this (look at how our society struggles with diagnosing Antisemitism right now).. mostly because it seems to be in private (despite being on social media), and he's not some official representative of the university.

I stick up for our student-athletes that deserve second chances. I think rando's out of the student body are just as worthy of redemption. Public shaming/social shunning should be enough to teach this 19-20-something a valuable lesson.

I'm not defending their actions or views. I'm just hoping the backlash will push them in a better direction. Hopefully they don't double down and start suing everyone for defamation like those Covington twerps.

Didn't he compose holding his beard because he thought his head was going to fall off? Later into his life anyway.

There's so much misinformation and disinformation about Wagner. There's no question that he lived a troubled life and he suffered profoundly, and his writings/letters illustrate the mental and physical anguish he suffered. His struggle is clearly evident in the genius of his works, and I don't think that there's any more masterful opera than Der Ring des Nibelungen.

Reactions: BlackLabelVols
Y'all know I'm about as lefty as it gets, but I think it's a slippery slope to expel a student for doing this (look at how our society struggles with diagnosing Antisemitism right now).. mostly because it seems to be in private (despite being on social media), and he's not some official representative of the university.

I stick up for our student-athletes that deserve second chances. I think rando's out of the student body are just as worthy of redemption. Public shaming/social shunning should be enough to teach this 19-20-something a valuable lesson.

I'm not defending their actions or views. I'm just hoping the backlash will push them in a better direction. Hopefully they don't double down and start suing everyone for defamation like those Covington twerps.
I’m sorry but you don’t defend that behavior as a leader of a university. It’s racist and they put it on social media. End of story. If you think doesn’t hurt us, then you’re being incredibly naive.

Pretty sure I read it is a biased hit piece produced in conjunction with some of the folks going after his estate.

Apparently the FBI investigated him some crazy number, like 29 times and never found anything.

Not saying he didn’t do it, just heard that doc not very fair

How much of an estate is left? The guy made like $800m in his lifetime and died in debt of about $300m IIRC.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
He didn't save anything, after failing to use diplomacy he had superior numbers and supplies and failed to call off the dogs that pillaged what was part of his own country. That's not even mentioning the crap he pulled with the Native Americans/ You call it wimpfest morality, I call it seeing through the whitewashed textbooks we were all fed in school. There is always more to the truth than what is taught by the victors.

I have taught history at the secondary and post-secondary level. I get what you're saying, but I think you should read up some more on Lincoln's personal life, the reasoning for his decisions, and why he is regarded by PROFESSIONAL HISTORIANS as one the greats. You won't of course, and this entire post is a waste of time. Alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back