Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
From now on, I'm going to use an online cloud to back up stuff. I've always hated the idea of someone else having my personal data but some things like family photos really should go on the cloud as well as in a physical space. We ran our own home cloud which was great for backing up stuff on the pc, especially when you need to upgrade or your PC goes boom but not so great after a fire.

There's one set of photos that I'm completely kicking myself over. A friend of my Aunt had kept a few photos of my grandmother that had to be either just pre-WWII or WWII era. The Aunt in question was from the other side of the family but the woman knew that she was related to me and her husband had dated my grandmother when they were all young. Somehow she kept them even after her husband died and thought to get in touch with my Aunt so she could give them to me. I had meant to scan those photos and distribute them to my Mom and (other) Aunt because they were of my grandmother when she was young but hadn't gotten around to it yet. And well now, those are obviously gone.

Another thing is that my Aunt that had given me those photos had also given me a series of my dad's letters to her and the rest of the family from when he was in Vietnam (he died when I was 3 mos old so I never knew him). I had treated those letters like diamonds but I never did get to read them all.

Next time, scan it send it all to the cloud (well unless it's embarrassing nudes or something like that). `
As long as the nudes are not embarrassing is it okay?....Seriously, you're right. I scrapbook, and my pictures are my greatest treasure. I need to do something about the irreplaceable older photos like the one after the Civil War that has my GGGF and GGF in it as well as others. I've always worried about losing them.

There were multiple ways to read that and I picked the wrong one. Sorry.

It absolutely sucks that 95% of people that face a health issue like yours would be stuck in the same boat, but there's nothing we've done yet about a system that allows that 95% to endure the turmoil.
We're good.
Unsolicited advice feel free to ignore but hey, it helps feature my resume' lol.
Started adult life out working for political think tanks (both sides,for hire). We literally threw out talking points that had nothing to do with parties actual beliefs or intents, just whatever brought votes. Never met anyone that climbed the ladder to a prominent position that I would call honest or a good person. Left after a very short career, disgusted and disillusioned. Will never have anything for politics again, ever.

Keep your beliefs, stay true to yourself but keep as much distance as possible from the organized versions and never let them hold strong influence on how you perceive others.
No hard feelings, best wishes regardless.

I’m still wigged out that @UTProf was thrown into another room from an explosion. That’s wild, what an experience 😳. I hope time will heal the trauma from that.

You and me both. I don't know how in the world that happened. The explosion shook the entire house. I didn't know it (was told later) but it knocked all the paintings, pictures and bobs off the wall all the way in the back room.

Im really getting spoiled by UT basketball
Just wait till football season

tenor.gif

I just got home from being at work for almost 3 days straight, trying to get caught up. Tired, but one thing that occurs to me, there is need from members on Volnation, at any given time, and more importantly, folks that want to help. I’m relatively new (little over a year), has Freak ever started a thread where members could contribute? I know I would when I had a surplus. Lord knows, there have been plenty times I’ve been in a bad way and needed help. It could be anonymous on all sides and someone could oversee it the right way. That way, a person could apply, when needed to and hold on to self respect, no one would ever know but person or persons overseeing it. Sorry, extremely tired, but love to help people when I can. We all feel like we know something about each other on here. Probably too naive, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back