Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@orangeblood79 said some things that really hit home. You do what you're supposed to do but sometimes, bad things just happen.

Swallowed my pride and applied for Ten-care. Ironically, turns out that I make too much money 😂. They don't include medical bills in your income to debt ratio. Well, alrighty then.
But if I was sitting at home and not trying, supposedly I would qualify for all kinds of help. Not sure what to make of that or what my next step will be.
Signed ~ how is that not messed up.
That's messed up in so many ways. I know too many that this has affected.

We tried every avenue we could think of for assistance. We're still paying but, all told, Ashlee has had over a million dollars worth of medical treatment. Thankfully, we haven't had to pay all that but, as I'm sure you are realizing, @chargervol , you're almost better off being at the poverty line when it comes to applying for all of the assistance and/or discounts that are available to people and families. It's three years later and we're very much feeling the financial effects but we manage.

Prayers, brother. Everyday.
I hate what it has cost you.
But I will always think of Ashlee as an inspiration and what you've shared has really helped. Sometimes the burden just feels insurmountable but I'm trying.

Losing our family pics would devastate me. I keep all ours on memory cards and externals that are all in a carrying case right beside our bed just because I've heard so many stories. But that wouldn't help with anything if the house caught on fire while we were gone to work.

These stories freak me out. I guess I should back them all up to a cloud service, or keep hatd backups in our storage unit.

From now on, I'm going to use an online cloud to back up stuff. I've always hated the idea of someone else having my personal data but some things like family photos really should go on the cloud as well as in a physical space. We ran our own home cloud which was great for backing up stuff on the pc, especially when you need to upgrade or your PC goes boom but not so great after a fire.

There's one set of photos that I'm completely kicking myself over. A friend of my Aunt had kept a few photos of my grandmother that had to be either just pre-WWII or WWII era. The Aunt in question was from the other side of the family but the woman knew that she was related to me and her husband had dated my grandmother when they were all young. Somehow she kept them even after her husband died and thought to get in touch with my Aunt so she could give them to me. I had meant to scan those photos and distribute them to my Mom and (other) Aunt because they were of my grandmother when she was young but hadn't gotten around to it yet. And well now, those are obviously gone.

Another thing is that my Aunt that had given me those photos had also given me a series of my dad's letters to her and the rest of the family from when he was in Vietnam (he died when I was 3 mos old so I never knew him). I had treated those letters like diamonds but I never did get to read them all.

Next time, scan it send it all to the cloud (well unless it's embarrassing nudes or something like that). `

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back