Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to contradict your opinion that we have an alpha coach. The fact that you would say something like this about the team you support causes me to question my opinion that you're not a troll. Just hope you don't hurt yourself turning off your computer when we WTFA.
Doesn't matter who the coach is, it takes time to change a culture. That doesn't contradict anything. There are a few dogs here and there on this team that can rise to the occasion, but there are also several probably won't.

This will be my first game in about 4 years and I used to just go get hammered at tailgates but trying to find somewhere close to campus to eat around 12-1 on Saturday before starting to tailgate. Will somewhere like Calhoun’s already be too packed to get in and eat or does anyone have any other good suggestions on strip or old city?

Market Square has 2 really good burger joints. Stock & Barrel and Not Watson's. Also, Downtown Grill & Brewery on Gay St. is a good place for beer and food.

No major team goes into any stadium intimated ever. That’s the point. You think people are all a sudden intimated by Bryant Denny? No. It’s the team that’s in it.

That doesn’t take away from certain stadiums atmospheres are just different than others. Neyland and LSU’s Death Valley are in a class of their own.
Yeah you're kind of making my point for me. Bottom line is, nobody looks at Neyland Stadium and is like "gonna be tough sledding in there", etc. Which as you said is because the perception is teams might as well be playing Vanderbilt or Kentucky in front of 100,000 people. I've heard people question why Tennessee even has a stadium like that.

If Flowers ends up playing ahead of 22 or even plays a significant role it doesn't make much sense that he didn't play very much at all the past two weeks. Seems like a missed opportunity to me

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Yeah you're kind of making my point for me. Bottom line is, nobody looks at Neyland Stadium and is like "gonna be tough sledding in there", etc. Which as you said is because the perception is teams might as well be playing Vanderbilt or Kentucky in front of 100,000 people. I've heard people question why Tennessee even has a stadium like that.

Can you show me anywhere in that video Admiral mentioned how good our team is? Or how teams fear our team or talent level? Hint: He didn’t

It was about how LOUD our FANS were, a direct quote from Baker and OU’s center🤦‍♂️ You’re the one not understanding

No one looks at any stadium and thinks that. Are teams scares of going in Nebraska right now? No because they suck. Teams aren’t scared of the stadium at Alabama or Georgia right now.

But make no mistake about it, a crowd and atmosphere like ours definitely has negative effects on any opponent that comes here.

Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that

Fulmer was 5-12 against Florida. Let’s try something new.

Reactions: jlawso21
Y’all responding to a pile of chef in this thread looks like this to me...

View attachment 169034
I don't understand why anyone would argue with Chef, but I sure am glad they do. It provides entertainment and comic relief. I'm not sure of his status as a troll, but IF his statements on this board are to be believed, he is stark raving mad. The guy doesn't even have kids, but he's already fantasized about beating them with a leather belt and yelling at them for being gay. Additionally, I would argue that his penchant for publicly displaying his poo is just a hop, skip, and a jump from playing with it. I had a cousin who started down a similarly slippery slope with fecalphelia, and it all starts when you (1) stop seeing poo as waste to be discarded and (2) start to see it as something from which to derive happiness/pleasure/entertainment. Next thing you know, they're walking around with it in their pockets and putting it under their pillows at night. Viewed in this context, argument with such a lunatic would seem to be as futile as ole Blinkin's efforts in the gif, above. Of course the results are just as funny as far as I am concerned.

Doesn't matter who the coach is, it takes time to change a culture. That doesn't contradict anything. There are a few dogs here and there on this team that can rise to the occasion, but there are also several probably won't.
It does take time. But, teams do tend to take on the personality of their coach. For you to say that our players are going to pee down their legs because their scared is completely without merit. Like you, I believe we have the right guy here now. Unlike you, I don't like to run our current players down because most of them are working hard and trying to get better and to win games.

Last edited:
If Flowers ends up playing ahead of 22 or even plays a significant role it doesn't make much sense that he didn't play very much at all the past two weeks. Seems like a missed opportunity to me
Pruitt said playing time is earned each week based on how they practice. So we can conclude some of the young talent hasn’t practiced well enough to play...

Reactions: Bret178 and Sleegro
Yeah that's nice and all but we lost that game. Don't really see why folks are so hype over that clip. I think the intimidation factor of Neyland Stadium is overrated. Back in the 90's and early to mid 2000's I think there was legit fear, not anymore.

Crowd certainly had an effect on Oklahoma in 2015 and Florida in 2016. Two of the best atmospheres we’ve had. Teams may not fear our team like they used to, but if you come in and are blind sided by the noise and atmosphere it can be really startling and intimidating. I really believe the fans willed that team to a win against Florida. All the pent up frustration with the streak along with a disappointing first half was unleashed that day.

Please don’t go Saturday if you don’t think Neyland can be intimidating.

Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that
Why would we look at Florida any different from ETSU? They suck worse than mega maid in Spaceballs.

You know what I mean dude. No team outside of an ETSU type is going to come in here the least bit intimidated. Back in Tennessee's hay day, yes. Over the last decade or so, nope. Might as well be playing Kentucky or Vanderbilt with 100,000 fans in the stands. At least that's how it's perceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back