Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If they're gonna get beat, they're gonna get beat my way" --Pruitt

I'm comfortable with the assessment that Flowers gets heavy playing time over Abernathy. Abernathy has played better over the last two games, but is still slow enough to get burnt. Flowers looks like a player, and that's based on his first game being thrown into the fire.

Never said flowers was a bad player 🤷🏽‍♂️ You’re getting way over hyped in you’re own sense , I also stated that I understood he was a freshman but I do agree he’s some what better than Abernathy so far.

"If they're gonna get beat, they're gonna get beat my way" --Pruitt

I'm comfortable with the assessment that Flowers gets heavy playing time over Abernathy. Abernathy has played better over the last two games, but is still slow enough to get burnt. Flowers looks like a player, and that's based on his first game being thrown into the fire.
It seems like they’re moving Abernathy to the nickel and Flowers is playing more safety.

Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that

ON THE HEYDAY OF THE VOLS-GATORS RIVALRY IN THE 1990S:
"At that time, it was probably two of the premier teams in the entire country. Both programs were probably at their best or at the top of, I'd say, college football at the time. It was always early in the year. They were usually both undefeated. There's just a lot of great players, really good coaches. You had Coach Spurrier, you had Coach Fulmer. I can remember growing up and watching the games, it was really kind of the first marquee SEC game of the year, so it kind of, who was going to win the East, if you lost that game, you could almost be out of the running. It was a great rivalry."

ON IF RESTORING THE TENNESSEE-FLORIDA RIVALRY TO ITS PREVIOUS LEVEL IS A GOAL FOR HIM WITH THE VOLS:

"I think our goal would be to play to a standard that we're (where) when everybody plays Tennessee, that's the one game that they mark on their schedule. Back in January or February, 'Hey, we've got to play at our best.' We've got a long ways to go as a program to get to where people start doing that again."

Everything Jeremy Pruitt said during the SEC teleconference

Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that

Second post you made that shows limited knowledge. Fulmer had his butt so tight that the team was tight and would not play well. We had some luck in the 98 game wit turnovers. Glad it happened but CPF was scared when Steve was on the opposite sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back