Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that
1st its coach speak. 2nd fulmer didn't have a great record against Florida so maybe not the best example.

Quotes like these is why I miss Fulmer!..he would never just look at a Florida game like any other game,this S**t is serious around here every year act like it,let me see your urgency as a head football coach,the kids feed off of that

Respectfully disagree. If some games are huge and urgent, then other's are bleh. And by bleh I mean no urgency, no excitement, etc. etc, so you can come out flat and overlook the opponent. That's how Michigan gets beat by App St., etc.

All games are big. All games are equal. Play your hardest every single time.

I also wonder if the "hype" of this game hasn't sometimes hindered us by allowing Florida to get in our heads.

I may be misremembering, but I thought he had pretty good coverage on two out of those three plays, but Grier and his WRs just made a couple of great plays.

You do know that just because a QB and WR makes a play doesn't necessarily mean the DB was burnt don't you?

I watched this kid literally get fried alive Ulysees, I’m not BSing you I could be wrong but every time I watched him,he got gaped I honestly miss pressing the S**t out of receivers to knock them of the route and delay it but our man coverage isnt good

Last edited:
I don’t know if I like the move or not,everytime I’ve seen him play he gets beat,WVU game being the worst they went to his side 3 different times I know of and scored two out of the 3 times on back to back positions,I questioned Pruitt’s coaching that game because if you have a unproven player that’s getting beat every time why not give him more help on his side,over the top?..he never adjusted to that,I do understand him being a freshman is a factor,I just wish these kids would look back at the ball more,if they did I feel like we would have more turn overs,Florida will have to win this ball game by passing not running

1) Space bar

2) You type like Tim Tebow speaks.

3) "Turn around and look for the ball" isn't the only answer to blown plays in the secondary.

4) Looking at the scoring plays-- their first score was because Abernathy was playing two-hand touch. Flowers wasn't in.

The second was Sills being a senior and exploiting Flowers. He was going against Sills, a senior. It was a route where he was waiting for the comeback/hitch and Sills went deep when he saw Flowers hold up.

The third was simply a perfect pass over Warrior (again, Sills). Flowers wasn't involved.

The fourth/final was Flowers assignment, if I had to guess. The entire D was a mess on that play (it was also Buchanan's side of the field).

Maybe fans like you should question their own knowledge (or lack thereof) before they start questioning players and coaches alike.

I may be misremembering, but I thought he had pretty good coverage on two out of those three plays, but Grier and his WRs just made a couple of great plays.

You do know that just because a QB and WR makes a play doesn't necessarily mean the DB was burnt don't you?

There's no defense for a perfect throw and catch. Just is what it is.

Lol. What? Quotes like this is why I love Pruitt. Kids won’t play scared because it’s Florida like with Butch

Lol. What? Quotes like this is why I love Pruitt. Kids won’t play scared because it’s Florida like with Butch

No spice to it🤷🏽‍♂️ Reminds me of butch or Dooley we have heard this same type tone for over 10 years of sucking just a frustrated vol fan 🤷🏽‍♂️ Don’t mind me

I watched this kid literally get fried alive E. I’m not BSing you I could be wrong but every time I watched him he got gaped I honestly miss pressing the S**t out of receivers to knock them of the route and delay it but our man coverage is that good to do that because of the possibility of us getting beat or at I wrong on the scheme?
I have no idea what you are trying to say...🤔 look the kid is a freshman and he makes freshman mistakes. He is a pretty good prospect, and the alternative is Abernathy...so...

I have no idea what you are trying to say...🤔 look the kid is a freshman and he makes freshman mistakes. He is a pretty good prospect, and the alternative is Abernathy...so...

Just saying I wish our DB’a were more physical we lack take aways and Ive also put into the equation that he is a freshman so I do understand 🤷🏽‍♂️

1) Space bar

2) You type like Tim Tebow speaks.

3) "Turn around and look for the ball" isn't the only answer to blown plays in the secondary.

4) Looking at the scoring plays-- their first score was because Abernathy was playing two-hand touch. Flowers wasn't in.

The second was Sills being a senior and exploiting Flowers. He was going against Sills, a senior. It was a route where he was waiting for the comeback/hitch and Sills went deep when he saw Flowers hold up.

The third was simply a perfect pass over Warrior (again, Sills). Flowers wasn't involved.

The fourth/final was Flowers assignment, if I had to guess. The entire D was a mess on that play (it was also Buchanan's side of the field).

Maybe fans like you should question their own knowledge (or lack thereof) before they start questioning players and coaches alike.

Oh yea?...lol

I watched this kid literally get fried alive Ulysees, I’m not BSing you I could be wrong but every time I watched him,he got gaped I honestly miss pressing the S**t out of receivers to knock them of the route and delay it but our man coverage isnt good...sorry I fixed so maybe we can talk about it

Chill bumps...

giphy.gif

"If they're gonna get beat, they're gonna get beat my way" --Pruitt

I'm comfortable with the assessment that Flowers gets heavy playing time over Abernathy. Abernathy has played better over the last two games, but is still slow enough to get burnt. Flowers looks like a player, and that's based on his first game being thrown into the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back