Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always sort of thought JAllen has like a 3rd hand source and just brings what he gets from that. Could be wrong though.
Pretty sure JA has stated on a few occasions he’s not football JA but did play a sport at UT; maybe baseball? He has/had some connections and offers good insights. If anything he’s a quality poster that is positive, to the point and doesn’t pretend to be a super secret insider.

Even though he’s a good dude, I still hate Georgia and will never hope they win unless it’s against Florida
I hate them as much as Florida...neither as much as Bama, but UGA is making a strong case.

Unless they bring in a ready to play guy, it is going to be even worse next year.
They probably will bring in A GT again.

And we'll just be young assuming JG isn't there. If he is and he does well, it could be a really good situation.

We'll see. No way to know right now either way

Pretty sure JA has stated on a few occasions he’s not football JA but did play a sport at UT; maybe baseball? He has/had some connections and offers good insights. If anything he’s a quality poster that is positive, to the point and doesn’t pretend to be a super secret insider.
Pretty sure this is accurate. Chef doesn't like his positivity though.

Reactions: mrMet and Geronimo
I’m on episode one.. these kind of shows have a way of humanizing people, ya know, we re all mostly the same just rooting for a different color

Yep. These shows do do that. A shame to say I am watching this Bama show now. Better turn it off before I start thinking Satan is a human

Reactions: nesbuddha66
I don't know, I think expecting rainbows and fairy dust is silly, and extremely disappointing when in all probability this offense is going to suck, but either way I will still be here, and I can promise you this, if I'm right I won't be happy, and I will not crow about it.

I will be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

1534823527267.gif

I was going for patience and maturity by waiting until the end of the 1st quarter. I'm sure we'll get some top notch prognostication after the first possession.
This fickleness is why I don’t show up here on game days. One thing bad happens early in the game and half the posters are on suicide watch. Negativity on top of negativity ain’t my style.

This fickleness is why I don’t show up here on game days. One thing bad happens early in the game and half the posters are on suicide watch. Negativity on top of negativity ain’t my style.
Same. I try to stay away until Sunday at least. Monday if it is a particularly excruciating loss lol

Reactions: Brillovol

This place is the worst on gamedays. I stay away too. It’s a full-blown Anchorman street fight.

A

Agreed. He competed hard with his emotions on his sleeves
I kind of think we've seen enough after "the tantrum" to let it go.

I was at the Vandy game last year, and Guarantano was about the only one that looked like he cared if Tennessee won.

That’s fair. There’s several guys who sound more mature. We’ll see though. If the job gets taken away from him, we’ll see.

Various chat tidbits;

Calbert?

2nd team right guard. The move inside has been beneficial and he is strong.
- Price

I've been high on the kid ever since I got to know him when I was writing at SEC Country. He's super athletic for his size and very strong. He's just raw. His technique and confidence continue to improve. As he's felt more confidence in his knee, the better he's gotten. He's got a real shot to be UT's starting RG by midseason, perhaps even the UF game.
-Simonton

Starting QB?

99% JG
Leaving 1% for possible injury.
-Price

OL ready for SEC Competition?

Much better than I thought in the spring. I think they need to get Carvin and Calbert up to speed if they're going to match up physically with a lot of SEC teams and I'm not sure that those two are mentally quite there yet. If they can get Chance Hall back as a real contributing member of this unit my opinion of them goes up considerably.
- Lewis

If they stay healthy, I think this OL by end of the year is going to be a positive of this team.
- Hubbs

Taylor, Thompson, Flowers?

I think Thompson is the best athlete of the three. Flowers reminds me of a center fielder. Not an athlete that's going to play alot of man to man but tracks the ball well and ball hawks. Taylor is a bigger athlete than Thompson who is more physical.

Yes, Taylor being here since January give him a leg up on Flowers and Thompson. Remember also, Flowers doesn't have the football experience that TAylor and Thompson have.
- Hubbs

Wouldn't be surprised if Chryst gets the nod, Guarantano bolts, and we get Jalen Hurts as a grad transfer in here next year. He's definitely no Peyton Manning out there tossing the pig skin around, but the kid is dynamic running the ball. Give me Hurts next year, along with a pretty solid stable of tail backs behind him, a strong Pruitt built defense, and we'd have a stout football team next year.

I am wondering if they are giving Shrout equal reps right now because they are planning on starting KC against WVU, and so are trying to get Shrout up to speed in case JG transfers.

If Hurts were to transfer to UT, which I personally don't think likely if Pruitt/Helton want to stick with a more pro-style offense with a passing QB, he would have to sit out next year, wouldn't he?

Reactions: Rishvol
Kenneth George?

Will play special teams to start the year and we will see. Good athlete. Raw. He hasn't played a ton of football especially on defense.
- Price

Kirkland?

Pruitt says he fine. I think taking a week for maintenance is worrisome and some I have spoken with say the same thing. Will be interesting to see if he practices Tuesday.
- Price

CJP camp different from previous staffs?

Pacing/organization most noticeable difference to me. Guys who will play are getting a ton of reps. That's happening across the board, whereas a year ago only certain positional units were working with such efficiency.
- Simonton

WR? DL?

I think the receivers are showing some improvement. I think the starting DL is solid. concern is the depth on the defensive front.
- Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back