Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if they are giving Shrout equal reps right now because they are planning on starting KC against WVU, and so are trying to get Shrout up to speed in case JG transfers.

If Hurts were to transfer to UT, which I personally don't think likely if Pruitt/Helton want to stick with a more pro-style offense with a passing QB, he would have to sit out next year, wouldn't he?
This is his third year so maybe Alabama will give him enough credits to graduate after this year. Also, if he doesn't play much he could get a redshirt and have 2 more years left to play RB.

This is his third year so maybe Alabama will give him enough credits to graduate after this year. Also, if he doesn't play much he could get a redshirt and have 2 more years left to play RB.
I'm hearing he's taking all of the color by numbers classes so he can graduate early.

Reactions: Rishvol
I am wondering if they are giving Shrout equal reps right now because they are planning on starting KC against WVU, and so are trying to get Shrout up to speed in case JG transfers.

If Hurts were to transfer to UT, which I personally don't think likely if Pruitt/Helton want to stick with a more pro-style offense with a passing QB, he would have to sit out next year, wouldn't he?
Pretty sure he would be a grad transfer

Various chat tidbits;

Calbert?

- Price

-Simonton

Starting QB?

-Price

OL ready for SEC Competition?

- Lewis

- Hubbs

Taylor, Thompson, Flowers?

- Hubbs

Couple things. JG May very well start but no he hasn’t received the reps for me to say 99%. I would say 55% JG and 45% KC. This week is big tho.

Taylor is by far the best overall athlete of those 3s. He’s longer too. I like those others but Taylor is on another level than those others. There’s a reason why he was starting CB the next day after switching over.

Great to hear some positives news on Calbert. If he can come on by the final 5-6 games of the season, it would be huge for us.
we'd all like to hear they'd be able to compete and be a strength out the gate, but really, if the O line does remain healthy and you get those three guys (hall, carvin and calbert) as regular contributors the 2nd half of the season, that could be the difference in finishing 3-1 or 4-0 vs. 2-2 or worse. and we all know how important November will be in determing any modicum of success for this season, and qualifying for post season play. so yeah, it's at least good to hear they have a real shot at not sucking. lol.
i'm excited about this OL, and maybe that's just because it just doesn't seem as dire as it did at the end of last year and in the spring.

JG won't transfer until after whichever semester this year he graduates. can't remember if he's graduating in december or May. but if he does transfer, it will be as a GT with 2 for 2.

and they're giving Shrout reps because they want him to develop. he's still got 4 years. it's likely he'll see the field in some capacity in the future, and he'll need to be ready. and he'll need to provide competition for anyone else brought in.

Reactions: Sleegro
Much different picture than our resident biased insider has led us to believe

He damn near killed McGill with his info

I’ve never ruled out JG starting. I’ve thrown out what i would do and what i do think May happen.

The only thing I’ve thrown out is what has happened and in no way does that spell out 99% starter in any form or fashion.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
That’s fair. There’s several guys who sound more mature. We’ll see though. If the job gets taken away from him, we’ll see.

Agreed. I'm not saying he's beyond it. I don't know the guy, but I think he's earned a little bit of benefit of the doubt. Not much, but a little bit. :)

price, even at 99%, is still a guess. he just feels really really good about it. :)
i'm sure it's as educated a guess as possible....

we'll find out in less than 2 weeks.

@HankHill , you may have already divulged this, and I don't think anyone here would expect you to come out and identify yourself...but could you at least let us know the type of access you have. For instance, @MockingVol let us know that he was connected, if I remember correctly, in some way with video/production for UT Athletics. It gave some credence to the information he would share.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
price on swain now. thinks he'll name a starter next week. says it's not close, not sure why there's so many conflicting reports, it's JG, he's the starter and the real competition is for #2 between KC and WM. and he's very high on Shrout not being all that far off, and will be surprised if he's not playing a lot in the ETSU game. says we may take 2 QB's this class.

he didn't stutter. he didn't sound unsure of himself.

basically sounded like someone that's just not sure why this is even a discussion....lol.

price on swain now. thinks he'll name a starter next week. says it's not close, not sure why there's so many conflicting reports, it's JG, he's the starter and the real competition is for #2 between KC and WM. and he's very high on Shrout not being all that far off, and will be surprised if he's not playing a lot in the ETSU game. says we may take 2 QB's this class.

he didn't stutter. he didn't sound unsure of himself.
👀

Reactions: Sleegro and JRVFL
still calling JJ Peterson a mythical figure. lol. said "maybe we'll have a bigfoot sighting on campus next week?"

on the OL....everything hinges on where you line up smith. if you play him at tackle, you have more options inside. if you play him at guard, you have to make decisions on who the tackles are. still says jamir is too light, but really likes the demeanor he plays with....and could see some action. Hall is the wild card. can he get back to playing shape, and if so, how fast? says he's not game ready today.

believes smith winds up at guard ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back