Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The controversy was created well before last night. 4 years of weird reviews. That's why it's a "debate." The NFL created it. Otherwise, nothing would have ever been mentioned.

There was no controversy. Both reviews were correct, quite obviously I might add.

UT could really close strong on the defensive side of the ball on Wednesday.

Gooden
Beal
Mincey
Ogbonnia

Already to go along with Lawless, Emerson, and Allen.

Seems like we land Quay Walker. Pair him with J.J in this class.

Then you throw in the targets in the secondary.

ITS
Palmer
Flowers
Griffin

Really need to land 2-3 of the above guys. Could be some elite talent signed at every level in the defense.

Reactions: 1 person

Gooden
Beal
Mincey
Ogbonnia

ITS
Palmer
Flowers
Griffin

Really need to land 2-3 of the above guys. Could be some elite talent signed at every level in the defense.
If we load up on Defense I will be happy. Young would just be icing.

but the fact that Collinsworth even thought the Ertz play was controversial—let alone the fact that he actually thought it should be ruled incomplete—is truly baffling.

Well, Collinsworth is a known imbecile.

So will Walker likely be the only big time prospect we get on Wednesday? Take the orange colored glasses off and I'd appreciate it if you don't tell me about a 3 star that could be the next Cam Sutton.

So will Walker likely be the only big time prospect we get on Wednesday? Take the orange colored glasses off and I'd appreciate it if you don't tell me about a 3 star that could be the next Cam Sutton.

I think we have a really good chance at landing ITS and Copeland.

Gooden
Beal
Mincey
Ogbonnia

ITS
Palmer
Flowers
Griffin

If two of the D-lineman sign, 2 of the corners sign, Walker signs then it's a good day.

Palmer looks within reach now, as well as Flowers.

And as far as big goes, Gooden might be a take.

And since you don’t want to hear about 3-stars, I won’t mention how much a fella like Glen Beal can do for your running game.

If we finish in the high teens it will be a major disappointment. Abbreviated recruiting season or not. We have a cast of recruiters that is considered above good to great. Butch managed a top 20 class his first half a recruiting season.

I think we land two five stars and hang on to Young to put us near 10-15.

Is Tennessee going to close with a bang? Right now, I'd say no, but that doesn't mean the Vols are going to completely swing and miss either. Don't discount a surprise or two. You don't get any bonus points for being the bridesmaid in recruiting, but the new staff hasn't been afraid to chase the best prospects available. No one, including folks in the Anderson building, know exactly how it's going to shake out Wednesday. Ideally, we'll have a much clearer picture tomorrow afternoon/evening.

-Simonton

If we finish in the high teens it will be a major disappointment. Abbreviated recruiting season or not. We have a cast of recruiters that is considered above good to great. Butch managed a top 20 class his first half a recruiting season.

I think we land two five stars and hang on to Young to put us near 10-15.

I was thinking about this the other day. I can’t remember who Butch closed with his first class, but it would be an interesting comparison to look at for me.

I agree to an extent—the NFL stopped the game to review the play, after all—but the Ertz play wasn’t remotely comparable to the Steelers play (or any other play where I’ve seen it called incomplete). Just not even in the same ballpark.

But all created by the NFL.

There was no controversy. Both reviews were correct, quite obviously I might add.

I am not saying there was. I didn't see the first TD. But the reason the discussion has come about is because of the past 4 years of strange reviews. The NFL created this situation.

You say, "quite obviously," and there were reviews the last 4 years that I thought were "quite obvious" but went the other way.

Sorry if already asked/posted, but I'm a trying to plan out my day. I can't "miss" work so I need to plan out my focal points for the day.

When will we have a thread on player's signing times/commitment times?

TIA.

But all created by the NFL.

I think both the NFC and CFB love replay because it's a stoppage-of-play that gives them an opportunity to show commercials, which then allows them to say "The length of the game is the problem. So, let's tinker with the rules to let that clock keep running so we have more time to show commercials."

I was thinking about this the other day. I can’t remember who Butch closed with his first class, but it would be an interesting comparison to look at for me.

Highest rated players were North, Dobbs, Jason Carr, Austin Sanders, Paul Harris, and JRM.

That class was, at best, 21 on Rivals so I misremembered. Shirley we'll do better than that.

VolQuest.com

I thought the game was great. And I thought the E Manning/OBJ commercial was the best. The Steven Tyler one was pretty good, too. Was that just an actor that really looked like his younger self, or did they do some kind of video/editing voodoo to put an image of young S Tyler into the commercial?

I have a novel idea for you. Instead of b****ing about every 3* we get why not believe they can be the next Cam Sutton? You'll enjoy life and recruiting a bit more. Do I believe we'll land a big fish or 2? Hey yeah I do. But if we don't I won't complain because I know our staff did the best they could with the short amount of time on this class. So stop being negative Nancy. Grow a pair, and enjoy the roller coaster we're about to get on because it's gonna be fun.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back