Recruiting Forum Football Talk LVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: For those that need the positivity in their lives right now, basketVols ranked #15 in AP Poll.

They are now the favorite against UK tomorrow night, according to the ESPN BPI.

Reactions: 8 people
"Gucci, everything cool that amazingGRACE said...you wrecked it."

200.webp

And some choose not to be miserable and cry about things we can’t control.

This. We are coming off our worst season EVER and are looking to finish our recruiting class in the teens with some huge prospects. All this with a coach who has been full-time with us for less than a month. Some people try too hard to be negative.

Reactions: 21 people
It drives me crazy how someone can just say “damn it looks like we’re gonna miss out on ____ ”, or expressing general disappointment, they’re lambasted with “omg step off the ledge chicken little”, “legion of miserables can never be happy” blah blah.
Because it’s annoying and unwarranted. This staff has legit good coaches on it. Trust their evals on prospects until they give us a reason not to.

Reactions: 4 people
Because it’s annoying and unwarranted. This staff has legit good coaches on it. Trust their evals on prospects until they give us a reason not to.

exactly especially when they do it non-stop in every thread when any half way negative spin is delivered by anyone with a twitter handle. It gets really really really old.

It’s annoying and unwarranted to show disappointment that we don’t get a prospect or things are trending in the wrong direction?

It’s annoying and unwarranted to show disappointment that we don’t get a prospect or things are trending in the wrong direction?
No it’s annoying when people say/insinuate that Pruitt and staff must be no good because they missed on 5 star prospects after recruiting them for 4-6 weeks. This staff was put in a tough spot and people seem to have forgotten that

Reactions: 5 people

when it becomes a habitual pattern? yes. The right time to show disappointment is about 9 PM NSD and then if the class is disappointing to you.

Reactions: 5 people
No it’s annoying when people say/insinuate that Pruitt and staff must be no good because they missed on 5 star prospects after recruiting them for 4-6 weeks. This staff was put in a tough spot and people seem to have forgotten that

It feels like Veruca Salt has multiple VN handles.

Reactions: 3 people
NFL messing things up like they usually do. They sit around as owners and execs and overthink things to the point of killing the goose than laid the golden eggs (hat tip to Stephen Covey).

Collingsworth was either trying to create controversy by continuing to bring them up long after the game had moved on and the booth had confirmed the calls on the field, or, he is one neurotic fan boy.

In a normal world of football, Dez made the catch. This stuff traces back to when they started messing with the rules to make them better in their minds. Whether it was intentional to help control outcomes is anybody's guess. Example - the tuck rule. Everybody knows Brady fumbled. But they had messed with the rules interpretation to the point that the officials could bend it whatever way they saw fit. So it calls into question intent and the ethics of the sport.

Goodell stated in the past week they need to revisit the catch rule because they know they have made a mockery of it. Rule changes on fundamentals totally destroy the tradition and over time, the culture of the game. When you lose the trust of the fans, you are heading down the slippery slope. When they add in SJW support, they speed up the descent.

JMO. :hi:

I am still pissed about the tuck call. It is amusing to me that Brady is very close to only winning 2 Super Bowls in 7 tries.

Reactions: 2 people
Which is why a guy like Butch Jones is able to get an extra year and set the program back.

If you smell ****, say something.

Message board posters not being sufficiently disappointed about Butch Jones' recruiting had nothing to do with him being given an extra year.

Reactions: 3 people
Which is why a guy like Butch Jones is able to get an extra year and set the program back.

If you smell ****, say something.

Jones got another year because he did iahed with 9 wins.

Fire a 9 win coach in the SEC and see how many turn you down.

Richt was the anomoly to that. Known good coach but kept underacheiving. And I think that the folks at Georgia knew that Kirby wanted the job so a replacement was already lined up.

No one would have wanted to replace Butch, with our crappy Ad and the toxic culture at that time.

Butch had to expose himself as a poor coach and he did.

Reactions: 6 people

That’s not what the poster said that you quoted though

Its annoying to automatically cry and talk down a prospect due to star ratings. Everyone here know that a lot of those ratings are due to camps and how much a coach works to get his kid recruited, ect.

Some of these kids cant do camps for various reasons.

I trust that our staff is doing every thing they can do to land the kids they have at the top of their list.

I also trust that they find suitable replacements for the guys they don't get.

I have a novel idea for you. Instead of b****ing about every 3* we get why not believe they can be the next Cam Sutton? You'll enjoy life and recruiting a bit more. Do I believe we'll land a big fish or 2? Hey yeah I do. But if we don't I won't complain because I know our staff did the best they could with the short amount of time on this class. So stop being negative Nancy. Grow a pair, and enjoy the roller coaster we're about to get on because it's gonna be fun.

Come on, now, ease up on Chief. He's just telling it like it is.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back