Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirkland transferring.

giphy.gif

Called it a couple months ago. For some reason I had a feeling he wasn't going to click with this staff.

I had this weird feeling he would leave too. He just seemed so disconnected and like one that probably wouldn't be all in. Great talent but doesn't bother me. JJ was taking someone's spot regardless

Some of y'all can act like this won't hurt us...but in all reality it will. It will hurt our depth at LB and also lose valuable experience with DKjr. When he was healthy he was a good LB. Hope JJ comes in as advertised and hope Reid and Ignont are ready to step it up.

Reactions: 3 people
Some of y'all can act like this won't hurt us...but in all reality it will. It will hurt our depth at LB and also lose valuable experience with DKjr. When he was healthy he was a good LB. Hope JJ comes in as advertised and hope Reid and Ignont are ready to step it up.

Injury prone and was overrated mentally as he never could set the defense thus why jumper had to play. Great talent and great potential. It sucks but that's one position we could afford a loss with who we have there. We can win with Bituli, Sapp, JJ, Ignont and Reid in middle

I had this weird feeling he would leave too. He just seemed so disconnected and like one that probably wouldn't be all in. Great talent but doesn't bother me. JJ was taking someone's spot regardless

I think Breaker Boy said a good while back that as gifted as Kirkland was, he wasn't physical enough for a coach like Pruitt. Didn't knock players back consistently enough. I'll take Bituli over Kirkland any day because of this. Bituli will knock the bejesus out of a guy.

Reactions: 1 person
Injury prone and was overrated mentally as he never could set the defense thus why jumper had to play. Great talent and great potential. It sucks but that's one position we could afford a loss with who we have there. We can win with Bituli, Sapp, JJ, Ignont and Reid in middle

I'm not relying on a true freshman to come in here and tear it up. Ignont and Reid are both unproven. One thing is for sure though, that group will be well coached. Losing Kirkland is a hit.

I think we have more depth at ilb than just about any other position so that's why it's not as bad.

I'm not relying on a true freshman to come in here and tear it up. Ignont and Reid are both unproven. One thing is for sure though, that group will be well coached. Losing Kirkland is a hit.

I think bituli and Sapp were gonna start at ilb anyway.

Darrin was extremely close with the guys that have left in the last two classes. Not really going through spring practice and having just graduated, I think he saw the chance to move to a place he was more comfortable. I don’t think it’s that he was miserable here or anything but more that he wanted a fresh start with nothing tying him to Tennessee.

Price

jakez4ut starts the new RFFT and 20 minutes later, Kirkland transfers.

Obviously jakez4ut’s to blame.

Reactions: 11 people
I'd like to say I'd miss him, but he hasn't been a factor for so long, I'm not sure there'll be anything to miss.

Nothing against him, wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back