Recruiting Forum Football Talk LIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was poised to be first, but the phone rang. It's late spring and my flagging commitment to VN is apparent.

Just saw the Isbell talk in the last thread. Wanted to drop a line out and say when the Ryman shows come up this year, we need a roll call.

Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
If you haven’t watched the NFL top 10 Peyton games... don’t. All they do is condescend and mock him the whole time. The actual NFL analysts don’t, but the other bozos do.

I thinked they talked more about Brady. I’m so tired of this narrative that Peyton couldn’t beat Brady. They played 6 times in the playoffs and Peyton won 4 of them. It’s such a bogus narrative. And it doesn’t matter, not like Peyton and Brady are out there on defense. Brady never intercepted a single Peyton pass. Stupid.

Reactions: 4 people
If you haven’t watched the NFL top 10 Peyton games... don’t. All they do is condescend and mock him the whole time. The actual NFL analysts don’t, but the other bozos do.

I thinked they talked more about Brady. I’m so tired of this narrative that Peyton couldn’t beat Brady. They played 6 times in the playoffs and Peyton won 4 of them. It’s such a bogus narrative. And it doesn’t matter, not like Peyton and Brady are out there on defense. Brady never intercepted a single Peyton pass. Stupid.

If Belicheck and Peyton had been paired up:

10 Super Bowl Rings. (Period)

Reactions: 5 people
How does Finebaum have a show? It's not informative. Just a bunch of drunk slurred speech bammers

Finebaum is a Tennessee alumni and he is well respected among among his peers. The show fields calls nation wide, love it when he puts the other power five homers in their place. PF had a show in b'ham years before signing with espn some of those h
bammers have been longtime callers.He likes CJP and he thinks he was the right hire at the right time.

Brady is the Goat though

How many times must it be pointed out. When Peyton was out the team struggled. When Brady is out the team looks the same.

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

:lolabove: :biggrin:

How many times must it be pointed out. When Peyton was out the tram struggles. When Brady is out the team looks the same.

Exactly. Colts won 2 games without Peyton. Patriots won 10 or 11 without Brady. That says a lot. One of them clearly meant more to the team than the other.

Brady is a great QB but he had so many advantages Peyton didn’t have. He had a better coach, better defenses his entire career, and certainly didn’t have 4 neck surgeries. Imagine Peyton with a good defense. He never had one till his last year in Denver.

Reactions: 3 people
Got to meet coaches Fulmer, Pruitt, Barnes, and Warlick this evening, as well as Heath Shuler. Nice time. Pruitt is a funny guy. As he was signing autograph "Go Vols", I said "Bet you never expected to do that. How long did it take to get use to it?" Without hesitation he said "Wasn't ever hard." He's gonna be fine.

Reactions: 8 people
Got to meet coaches Fulmer, Pruitt, Barnes, and Warlick this evening, as well as Heath Shuler. Nice time. Pruitt is a funny guy. As he was signing autograph "Go Vols", I said "Bet you never expected to do that. How long did it take to get use to it?" Without hesitation he said "Wasn't ever hard." He's gonna be fine.

Until he loses a game. Then the knives come out.

But I imagine he’ll handle that better than Butch did, what with his talk of “lists” and “love is conditional” and what not.

But I imagine he’ll handle that better than Butch did, what with his talk of “lists” and “love is conditional” and what not.

He won't handle losing well at all IMO. Mainly because he's barely lost at all since he's been a coach. I won't be surprised if he turns into a jerk with the media whenever he loses a few this year. Doesn't bother me though, he'll shoot us straight.

He didn't look to me like he cared 2 chits for what people say. He appears to have skin considerably thicker than Butch.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back