Recruiting Forum Football Talk LI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why there is all this smoke around Pruitt. It just seems like its either Steele or Pruitt and nobody knows anything.

I'm terrified its going to be Steele. Would be a terrible hire.

Reactions: 2 people
Why is it taking so long? Just make the call! Good lord just when it seems we are completely saturated with incompetence someone squeezes the sponge and we soak up more!

Reactions: 1 person
We went from paying coaches 10 mil a year to going after coordinators who haven’t even been approached about other hc jobs. That’s what I meant.

I'm with you. I never thought Gruden, but it seemed there was finally a breakthrough where they'd go after a proven commodity. Things seemed stable. Money was available. Now, here we are.

I can't blame Fulmer all that much. He started in the Grand Canyon and was given a shovel instead of a ladder.

I am hearing it is going to be CJP

Let’s roll.

I_want_to_believe5.jpg

If Fulmer goes with Steele it's probably because he just trusts him more IMO. Playing it safe.

After the decade we have endured, it's time we quit playing it safe. Safe good guy hires have just put us in the gutter further. we need a cocky, confident, elite recruiter who is hungry for success! Steele would be like handing the job to grandpa while everyone else is aiming to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Ouch. Haha

"NCAA president Mark Emmert said when a school isn't in alignment with all of its key leaders on an important personnel hire, "Then you get Tennessee." espn.com/espn/now?nowId…"

Reactions: 3 people
Ouch. Haha

"NCAA president Mark Emmert said when a school isn't in alignment with all of its key leaders on an important personnel hire, "Then you get Tennessee." espn.com/espn/now?nowId…"

“When a school is in my pocket, Then you get Alabama.”

Mark Emmert

Reactions: 9 people
From what Simonton said, Fulmer asked Malzahn, Stoops, etc. He went down the hires he thought would fit at UT. He didn't think Morris would work so he passed.

So, if Steele is chosen--His Tennessee ties tilted it that way. I imagine Tee would come.

Maybe after all these years of experience with excellent head coaches, he has learned more.

That's getting myself psyched up to be let down. Anyone else have some good thoughts on Steele? Who would he bring to assist? I'm getting a feeling from Hubbs that we need to prepare ourselves.

Ouch. Haha

Not wrong....😢

After the decade we have endured, it's time we quit playing it safe. Safe good guy hires have just put us in the gutter further. we need a cocky, confident, elite recruiter who is hungry for success! Steele would be like handing the job to grandpa while everyone else is aiming to win.

We did that right after Fulmer. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just don't think there's a right answer other than getting a good, proven coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back