Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of other roster stability, look for Justin King to continue his work at fullback, a move the rising sophomore made last summer after initially signing to play defense. Conversely, senior Channing Fugate will continue at linebacker after spending the first half of his career in Knoxville at fullback.

We continue to hear good things about the health of tight ends Justin Meredith and Brendan Downs. Downs still isn't 100-percent but he is much better than he was at any point during last season following the knee cap dislocation in a pre-sesaon scrimmage. Meredith has done more work the first 17 days of this year than he did all of last year as he battled a year-long hamstring injury.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Please from someone who actually knows the inner workings. Does the awarding of the three scholarships to walk-ons affect our number of recruits this year or not? Thanks.

Mark Elder‏@UTCoachElder

“@clayphillips27: @3HL1045 @UTCoachElder #ANCHORDOWN this is our town! #VANDYNATION” OUR STATE!

Vandy fan tweeted "this is our town" and Elder responded with "OUR STATE". LOVE IT!

Reactions: 8 people
Mark Elder‏@UTCoachElder

“@clayphillips27: @3HL1045 @UTCoachElder #ANCHORDOWN this is our town! #VANDYNATION” OUR STATE!

Vandy fan tweeted "this is our town" and Elder responded with "OUR STATE". LOVE IT!
I'm loving these coaches. Not backing down. He should have said bUTch Please!

Reactions: 5 people
Butch Jones@UTCoachJones

Just had another powerful meeting w/ #Team117! Love the attitude they bring everyday! Up next will be one of the biggest weekends so far! #VFL

Reactions: 3 people
Butch Jones@UTCoachJones

Just had another powerful meeting w/ #Team117! Love the attitude they bring everyday! Up next will be one of the biggest weekends so far! #VFL

512AilpcTmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Good move by Smart. Sabans not going anywhere and people will always have doubts about him till he steps out of Sabans shadow and proves himself.

Here's a summary off twitter for todays Coach Jones interview on Sportsanimal99.com

JONES: We are a national brand, you look at our reputation and what we are selling. Education, passionate fan base.

Where else can you go and play in front of 100,000 people.

We are talking about the new Tennessee, but yet the old Tennessee here.

Evaluating our current players is an ongoing process. Everytime I am on a plane I take a look at our current roster and get a feel.

I really won't know until I see a body of work from strength, to academics. But what I do see is that they are eager and willing.

I am encouraged by their attitutde and mentality. They have done anything and everything we have asked of them so far.

I believe JUCO can help your team, but we are going to develop our players. You win by developing and recruiting high school players.

Don Mahoney (@UTCoachMahoney), our O-Line coach, does a great job of developing players at that position

It is about the mental toughness and how you perceive and react to things. That daily grind. Pushing yourself each and every day

When you push yourself every day you get better and better and better

Come from behind victories and closing games out, those are things that are about mental toughness. It is so big.

There will be good days and bad days. But it is about learning from your adversities and it starts in strength and conditioning.

We are fortunate to have the best strength staff in the country.

You have to live toughness everyday.

You win in an organization where everyone speaks the same language. That is big as you grow and develop your program.

Have a great weekend and Go Vols!
Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back