Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it legal to meet with juniors??

This is all I got...

You can call or meet with a coach at any point in your high school career. That's right, you can call a coach whenever you want. The key here is that you are the one initiating contact with the coach and not the other way around. If you want to call a coach or visit a campus and set up a meeting with the coach, you may do so as often as you wish.

http://www.recruitzone.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=284:when-can-a-college-coach-talk-to-a-high-school-athlete&catid=95:recruiting-tip-of-the-week-and-archive&Itemid=435

FYI - tOSU was there as well

This a great story no matter what colors your wear. He also is a fine young man. Auburn promised him he could complete his education regardless of athletic scholarship or not.

Auburn offensive lineman Shon Coleman has received a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA. Coleman, who signed with Auburn in February of 2011, did not play in 2011 or 2012 due to his battle with leukemia.

"This is great news for Shon, who has been through a lot medically during the last few years," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "He has been courageous in his fight and we look forward to him returning to the football field.

A native of Memphis, Tenn., the 6-6, 302-pound Coleman was diagnosed in the spring of 2010 with leukemia and underwent treatment at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.

Reactions: 2 people
This a great story no matter what colors your wear. He also is a fine young man. Auburn promised him he could complete his education regardless of athletic scholarship or not.

Auburn offensive lineman Shon Coleman has received a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA. Coleman, who signed with Auburn in February of 2011, did not play in 2011 or 2012 due to his battle with leukemia.

"This is great news for Shon, who has been through a lot medically during the last few years," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "He has been courageous in his fight and we look forward to him returning to the football field.

A native of Memphis, Tenn., the 6-6, 302-pound Coleman was diagnosed in the spring of 2010 with leukemia and underwent treatment at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.

Great story. 5 star recruit, #1 player in the state in 2010. We gotta lock down Memphis from here on out.

Lets see these pics
Go fish. It was just before Skeet got real upset with a poster giving him a hard time. Probably deleted by now but I'm sure many saw the pics. I just wish he was back as he put out much more reliable info that bogus.

Reactions: 1 person
In case you missed it, they beat the **** out of us and had a better season than UT has had in years. Pretty relevant to me. You may hate Vandy and still think of them as the little brother but you cant deny they are better than they ever have been and scare a lot of teams now.

Now, let's see consistency. One year does not make a program. We have beaten Vandy in some of our worst years.

Kudos to them. But, don't bow down to them.

If a UT coach loses to Vanderbilt, that coach gets fired.

If a Vanderbilt coach loses to UT, that coach is pretty much every coach that has ever coached Vanderbilt.

Right. Butch is going to high schools to visit with recruits. Just like Saban did going to Vonn Bell's HS. Picture of that in his thread.

Meeting with seniors is certainly legal. I thought meeting with juniors was not. Saban got all the bump flack a few years back Because it was a junior he spoke with. Has that changed since then??

Meeting with seniors is certainly legal. I thought meeting with juniors was not. Saban got all the bump flack a few years back Because it was a junior he spoke with. Has that changed since then??

I'm not really sure to be honest but I'm sure whatever Butch is doing is legal. Maybe he's just talking with the coaches at the HS's? I do know that Hubbs and co have mentioned he's been out seeing 2014 kids in TN, NC and GA.

I'm not really sure to be honest but I'm sure whatever Butch is doing is legal. Maybe he's just talking with the coaches at the HS's? I do know that Hubbs and co have mentioned he's been out seeing 2014 kids in TN, NC and GA.

Unless it has changed I think the angle is for coaches to go watch workouts and be seem without having contact. Perhaps it's changed and they can meet with kids but I don't think so.

As long as the juniors are the ones to initiate contact it is fine as far as I understand. But I am admittedly far from an expert on this subject. Of Course, Coach Elder could simply be stopping by the football office to see the coach.

As long as the juniors are the ones to initiate contact it is fine as far as I understand. But I am admittedly far from an expert on this subject. Of Course, Coach Elder could simply be stopping by the football office to see the coach.

That's what they do. Then the coach gets the player out of class and says, "Would you like to talk to Coach _____ from _________?"

The player says yes and it's that simple.

I saw it happen when I was in high school. Troy Calhoun came to visit.

That's what they do. Then the coach gets the player out of class and says, "Would you like to talk to Coach _____ from _________?"

The player says yes and it's that simple.

I saw it happen when I was in high school. Troy Calhoun came to visit.

Yup, I believe it. I believe come April or May the coaches can actually start to make the calls to initiate contact.

Hope we see another recruit group pic for this weekends visitors. It was pretty cool seeing the kids next to each other sporting the Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back