Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're a football school. Adidas probably has the best soccer stuff (I'm just assuming) but our football and basketball programs would be better off with Nike.

Never played college football, so I'll yield to expertise. The LOOK though could be better even if we stuck with Adidas. They can do some amazing styles if coaches would let us.

Maybe in American football, but the rest of the world might disagree. I've spent thousands on Nike soccer gear that fell apart in literally weeks. I despise Nike.

I've never had my Nike soccer gear fall apart that fast. I like both Nike and Adidas when it comes to soccer gear.

The Swoosh > than Three bars period. Colors or not.

Maybe in American football, but the rest of the world might disagree. I've spent thousands on Nike soccer gear that fell apart in literally weeks. I despise Nike.

Gonna have to go with Jave on this. Nike football gear is the best--I haven't played in 17 years but my nephews do and they swear by the Nike stuff.

Me:

Under Armour for baseball/softball, shoes & gear.
Asics for Racquetball shoes.
Nike for BB shoes.

Adidas for UT swag.

You people talking about the change in uniform is from a fans perspective. Now think about what these young up and coming players think about those wild Duck uniforms. They want to look sick.

Reactions: 2 people
Gonna have to go with Jave on this. Nike football gear is the best--I haven't played in 17 years but my nephews do and they swear by the Nike stuff.

Me:

Under Armour for baseball/softball, shoes & gear.
Asics for Racquetball shoes.
Nike for BB shoes.

Adidas for UT swag.

As a baseball player I have to totally disagree on UA. (Mizuno, Nike, Reebok all better)

Obviously we use Adidas for the money they pay us, so the question is, do we get way more from Adidas than Nike schools get from Nike or does Nike low ball us? My guess is the first option. If that is true, we will never switch to Nike unless they step up to the plate.

You people talking about the change in uniform is from a fans perspective. Now think about what these young up and coming players think about those wild Duck uniforms. They want to look sick.

UA Adidas everyone can do sweet looks, coaches have to approve it

I'm sure keeping up with the Jones (no pun intended) is a factor for the athletes. I'm sure they'd like variety too. I see no reason why we couldn't deviate one game per year.

Obviously we use Adidas for the money they pay us, so the question is, do we get way more from Adidas than Nike schools get from Nike or does Nike low ball us? My guess is the first option. If that is true, we will never switch to Nike unless they step up to the plate.

As I mentioned Deerpark has listed the reasons down to the dollar. Nike gives us very little and doesn't make us a priority. They might if we win more but right now we are with Adidas for $$$ reasons. With our budget low I do not see that changing. Also supposedly since we are one of Adidas larger profile teams we get a lot of special requests from them. This is from people that actually know not just fan speculation.

I'll say this again because I think it got lost in the other thread: I love Coach Thigpen. Great recruiter, better coach, even better person.

Additionally, I once saw him eat 24 hot wings as an appetizer to a steak dinner. So he's a badass.

Reactions: 4 people
I'll say this again because I think it got lost in the other thread: I love Coach Thigpen. Great recruiter, better coach, even better person.

Additionally, I once saw him eat 24 hot wings as an appetizer to a steak dinner. So he's a badass.

Were they infeno spicy and did he wash them down with a glass of habenaro extract?

I hope he washed all that down with at least 48oz of good beer.

Reactions: 1 person
As I mentioned Deerpark has listed the reasons down to the dollar. Nike gives us very little and doesn't make us a priority. They might if we win more but right now we are with Adidas for $$$ reasons. With our budget low I do not see that changing. Also supposedly since we are one of Adidas larger profile teams we get a lot of special requests from them. This is from people that actually know not just fan speculation.

What's that mean?

When Tee is officially announced as a member of UT's staff, I will be putting my face paint on and getting ready for NSD...

Fan-ice-cream-face.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I hope he washed all that down with at least 48oz of good beer.

He was hosting recruits so I think he had to stay sober. This isn't Miami.

Thig is a very underrated recruiter by the way. Trooper and Luper got all the press but kids love Thig and more often than not, his guys actually stuck around, stayed out of trouble, and contributed.

Adidas baseball cleats are terrible. fwiw

I posted something like this on another site, but since it has come up here too:

I can't speak to cleats, I'm a runner, but the Nike gear that I own is infinitely better than the adidas stuff. It fits better, looks better, vents better, wicks moisture better, and is lighter than the adidas clothes. The name "Pro Combat" is stupid, but I'll still never buy Adidas or Reebok apparel unless it's on sale and the sale price is half what it wold cost me to go Nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back