Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the new Checkerboard Helmet MoTrilla is pushing.... I typically hate the new uniform craze but these are actually really awesome.

A9xACteCIAAA6q4.jpg:large

I really am a traditionalist and want to keep our uniforms the same, but these helmets are pretty cool. I might like them better with a white facemask though.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like coach Jones gets to face Bobby Petrino 2nd game of the year next year. Maybe we can find a volleyball player to distract his game preparation :question:

Green is an EE so Jones doesn't have many more opportunities for an in-home

Has he recently reiterated that is still the case? I know that he planned to be an early EE, but those types of things change all the time and given the staff turnover at 2 of his top options it would not be too surprising

All of their alt unis were ugly. Its not so much about unis as it is equipment, adidas cleats are horrible.

ugly is just your opinion.. I was just stating the fact not just nike is turning out crazy alternate unis.

and I agree with you on the Adidas equipment.

fwiw the baseball program is wanting to change to nike..

Where have you seen this? All I've seen is that he is interviewing.

In other coaching news, ESPN is reporting that Colorado has hired Mike MacIntyre. He'll do a good job there.

Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbachWKU source confirms Bobby Petrino will be named Toppers head coach at 4 pm central press conference.

Didn't skeeter say a while back that Dooley was the only coach out of all the Adidas schools to turn down some sort of an alternate look? I may be wrong but I thought I remember him saying something like that. I personaly like Adidas.

The one thing I wish we'd go back to is the solid white pants with the power T on the hip.

Deer Park has reiterated several times that we are with Adidas for monetary reasons. With our budget low I'd doubt we'd make a switch and get less money and attention.

I prefer Nike over Under Armour cleats too. They're lighter and look better.

Nike is known for football. Their soccer and baseball gear is horrible, cheap garbage that falls apart in weeks. Their football gear seems to be what everyone loves though. Adidas could do the fancy color schemes THAT Nike does, it's just that the University/coaches won't let them. Look at the soccer clubs around the world, a lot are Adidas and have some sweet looks.

EE's will be of great importance to this class as it will allow the staff to focus on uncommitted targets

Didn't skeeter say a while back that Dooley was the only coach out of all the Adidas schools to turn down some sort of an alternate look? I may be wrong but I thought I remember him saying something like that. I personaly like Adidas.

The one thing I wish we'd go back to is the solid white pants with the power T on the hip.

Those pure white pants are horrid man. Lol

Well at least Dooley got something right.

FWIW, I'm not totally opposed to alternate uniforms but most of the alternates made by Addidas, Nike, or Under Armour look awful IMO so I'd prefer us to stick with our uniforms.

Has anyone speculated on when the Tee news might be confirmed? The sooner the better.

Nike is known for football. Their soccer and baseball gear is horrible, cheap garbage that falls apart in weeks. Their football gear seems to be what everyone loves though. Adidas could do the fancy color schemes THAT Nike does, it's just that the University/coaches won't let them. Look at the soccer clubs around the world, a lot are Adidas and have some sweet looks.

The Swoosh > than Three bars period. Colors or not.

I don't understand why we can't do a one game a year uniform change to appease both sides. Lock in one per season and no more. Then the traditionalists would know it's just one time and the players would get to mix it up like other schools do.

Just curious isnt Auburn, the only non nike school to win the BCS championship?

(i dont think we were solely adidas yet in 98

I don't understand why we can't do a one game a year uniform change to appease both sides. Lock in one per season and no more. Then the traditionalists would know it's just one time and the players would get to mix it up like other schools do.

I agree. The Georgia game next year would be perfect imo since we compete for a lot of the same recruits.

We're a football school. Adidas probably has the best soccer stuff (I'm just assuming) but our football and basketball programs would be better off with Nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back