Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it involves the fair skinned dipshat that jumps up and down on their sidelines holding fingers up then Im all for it.

No disrespect OCI as I enjoy everything you bring to the boards. But, I have to question this. Unless you already knew this guy personally, I find it a bit difficult to believe that in the course of a flight you met a total stranger who proceeded to disclose that not only is he is an investigative reporter but the topic of his investigation, which if true, would be quite the story to say the least. But, out of courtesy or confidentiality, his name is being withheld. Doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

This! OCI breaking more fake news...

Reactions: 1 person
It was mentioned after discussing Alabama's dominance over Notre Dame and the visual size disadvantage of Notre Dame and after discussing MLB's new HGH testing policy. It was an off-the-cuff remark made by the journalist followed up by one question from me. He did not say much, but clearly stated that the two topics are connected in an investigation recently underway. Again, take it for what it's worth.

No problem...not to go off topic, but any investigation of Major League Baseball and PEDs is a waste of time if you ask me. They could give Bud Selig a video of Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds shooting each other up, and our boy Bud would just dig the hole he has his head in about 6 inches deeper.

The annual Hall of Fame vote will prove to be 100x more successful in addressing PEDs in baseball than anything MLB has done.

It was mentioned after discussing Alabama's dominance over Notre Dame and the visual size disadvantage of Notre Dame and after discussing MLB's new HGH testing policy. It was an off-the-cuff remark made by the journalist followed up by one question from me. He did not say much, but clearly stated that the two topics are connected in an investigation recently underway. Again, take it for what it's worth.

I guess the real question is why would it matter. The NCAA can not enforce anything on to a school. Even their current policy if they went to UA and wanted drug testing done they can only ask for a sample and even if any player a part of that sample is tested positive all the NCAA can do at that point is require them to retest in the future to make sure it was a legit positive reading.

This is from the person in charge of drug testing with the NCAA:

As an association of colleges and universities, the NCAA could not unilaterally force schools to institute uniform testing policies and sanctions, Wilfert said.

"We can't tell them what to do, but if went through a membership process where they determined that this is what should be done, then it could happen,"

My point all the story does is make another attempt to discredit another school, no different than what they did with Cam Newton. Maybe Cam was guilty but no proof was ever found but yet sites like Yahoo tried to make it a story.

They can run the story all they want but the NCAA can not force UA or any school to test their players. Plain and simple so all it does is create speculation for fan bases to create an excuse for why one team is winning and theirs is not.

I guess the real question is why would it matter. The NCAA can not enforce anything on to a school. Even their current policy if they went to UA and wanted drug testing done they can only ask for a sample and even if any player a part of that sample is tested positive all the NCAA can do at that point is require them to retest in the future to make sure it was a legit positive reading.

As an association of colleges and universities, the NCAA could not unilaterally force schools to institute uniform testing policies and sanctions, Wilfert said.

"We can't tell them what to do, but if went through a membership process where they determined that this is what should be done, then it could happen,"

My point all the story does is make another attempt to discredit another school, no different than what they did with Cam Newton. Maybe Cam was guilty but no proof was ever found but yet sites like Yahoo tried to make it a story.

They can run the story all they want but the NCAA can not force UA or any school to test their players. Plain and simple so all it does is create speculation for fan bases to create an excuse for why one team is winning and theirs is not.

I agree with what you are saying. With Bama's recent success, all eyes are on Tuscaloosa. Any story that would put a dent in the armor would be a big story for an investigative journalist.

I agree with what you are saying. With Bama's recent success, all eyes are on Tuscaloosa. Any story that would put a dent in the armor would be a big story for an investigative journalist.

I agree but these stories are not investigative journalism, it paparazzi trying to create news to make a name for themselves. To me, I could care less because every year yahoo or another site has some breaking story from an investigative journalists on UA and yet another year passes by with the story turning out to have no merit.

It is not like will have any affect on UAs recruiting or the team even if they try and create a story from it.

:eek:hmy:

Good for him.

In other coaching news Randy Sanders will reportedly be joining Sal at FSU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hopefully it will not be his responsibility to decide when an offensive tackle needs help blocking a defensive end that is single handedly deciding a game..... :)

Hopefully it will not be his responsibility to decide when an offensive tackle needs help blocking a defensive end that is single handedly deciding a game..... :)

Ouch! Bad memories. Last time I checked Alex Brown was still in our backfield.

I swear to the big guy upstairs that I could run the Cowboys as well as JJ, even after I've had a few beers and vodkas...

your crazy - monte has been spectacular the last few years

plus we kept our unbelievable OC/HC who was 15th in ppg last year and is 21-19 overall

the future is bright Wingin - get your sunglasses out

AU fans are still waiting on all the bad news from Yahoo about Cam Newton, Jovon Robinson, and so forth. See the pattern. Yahoo is like bleacher report or TMZ.

I guess the funny part is one of the 1st things Saban implemented when he got to UA was annual steroid testing, because he already believed it was an issue in CFB. His same program the NCAA is looking to possibly mandate it for every team.

Yahoo news always the bridesmaid.

This is not to coment about anything at Alabama, but Yahoo is more than a Bleacher Report or TMZ- much more reputable. While being characterized as "investigative reporting" can have a negative connotation, I believe Dan Wetzel to be a reputable reporter. He did the lengthy investigation and book on the BCS and then again on Miami. I thought his book on the BCS was well written with supporting facts. You can call it what you want, but it isn't the same as some gossip site. JMO.

your crazy - monte has been spectacular the last few years

plus we kept our unbelievable OC/HC who was 15th in ppg last year and is 21-19 overall

the future is bright Wingin - get your sunglasses out

LOL. Cowboys fan here, too. Zone reads and option plays have become more prevalent in the NFL, and who do they hire? Monte, who has had trouble with spread teams the last 3 years. Nothing like watching your college team live getting run all over by Dexter McCluster. This is also a team in the same division as RG3. I don't have all the answers, but I can't believe it.

On Maggitt...

I know it's been asked and I'm not sure where the confusion comes from, but he has had his knee surgery. He had it back in December. I saw him yesterday. He's on crutches. He has a neoprene sleeve on his repaired knee and is in a walking boot due to the toe.

-Hubbs

Pretty impressive that in a month, CBJ has landed six commitments for this class, and only one was previously uncommitted. We flipped commits from Auburn, Clemson, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati (2).

Not to mention, he landed our first '14 recruit in the same span.

I agree but these stories are not investigative journalism, it paparazzi trying to create news to make a name for themselves. To me, I could care less because every year yahoo or another site has some breaking story from an investigative journalists on UA and yet another year passes by with the story turning out to have no merit.

It is not like will have any affect on UAs recruiting or the team even if they try and create a story from it.

To be fair, there was a story on Cam Newton, and I believe the NCAA acknowledged. The NCAA just determined that no rules were broken. Just because the NCAA did not punish anyone, doesn't mean it isn't newsworthy.

LOL. Cowboys fan here, too. Zone reads and option plays have become more prevalent in the NFL, and who do they hire? Monte, who has had trouble with spread teams the last 3 years. Nothing like watching your college team live getting run all over by Dexter McCluster. This is also a team in the same division as RG3. I don't have all the answers, but I can't believe it.

I don't mean to bash the Cowboys as I'm pretty much ambivalent about them, but as smart as Jones is, you'd think he'd realize things ain't working and most of the blame can be dumped directly in his lap.

Pride can be a miserable b****, I guess...

Pretty impressive that in a month, CBJ has landed six commitments for this class, and only one was previously uncommitted. We flipped commits from Auburn, Clemson, Vanderbilt, and Cincinnati (2).

Not to mention, he landed our first '14 recruit in the same span.

Yeah, I don't understand why people are criticizing his recruiting ability early on.

He's done very well and the end of this class, and next year's, look promising.

I don't mean to bash the Cowboys as I'm pretty much ambivalent about them, but as smart as Jones is, you'd think he'd realize things ain't working and most of the blame can be dumped directly in his lap.

Pride can be a miserable b****, I guess...

Sure thing. Can't tell you how many old time Cowboys fans even say how tough it is to root for Jones. At some point, you hire competent people to do your work. How did he get wealthy with his other businesses? Surely not by micro managing them.

Yeah, I don't understand why people are criticizing his recruiting ability early on.

He's done very well and the end of this class, and next year's, look promising.

CBJ has erased all doubts I had about his recruiting ability. There's no question that he's up to the challenge from a recruiting standpoint. He's been pitch perfect on recruiting since he got here.

Now the question is, can he make UT into a winner?

...I think he can.

I'm excited, guys. I reallly am!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back