Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how Butch found some pretty random 3 stars (Palmer, Sutton, Moseley, Gaulden) that succeeded. Iirc Palmer had hardly even played much football and from Canada.

For whatever reason, just couldn't do the same with the top recruits. Coddling em was maybe part of it.

3 out of 4 of those you mentioned are DB’s. Glad we’ve got the guy that had a big hand in that.

Somehow missed this one during media days. Minus the terrible audio, it's definitely Heupel's best interview of the week. Threw a little shade at Pruitt and company with the VFL remark in this one.

Got to love all that “pride” he who shall not be named because of weird reasons from select posters and Pruitt displayed at UT towards keeping up with former players while at UT.

Incoming $hit posts from butchna, lws, LAVol, and Deconley to bring up how they were “working like heck” to do something or another I suppose

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Got to love all that “pride” he who shall not be named because of weird reasons from select posters and Pruitt displayed at UT towards keeping up with former players while at UT.

Incoming $hit posts from butchna, lws, LAVol, and Deconley to bring up how they were “working like heck” to do something or another I suppose
Not defending Pruitt with my posted opinion, but you’ll get what you want out of it.

If the SEC goes to pods, why don’t they do it sort of like the NFL divisions play. Let’s say the 4 teams in the East pod play all East pod members and all South pod members plus 1. Then the North and West pods do the same thing. The top team from the East/South pods play the winner of the North/West pods in the SEC championship game. That eliminates a semifinal game. Then the next year the East pod plays the North pod and the West pod plays the South pod and so on year after year. That allows to play all teams every 3 years.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but I think it makes sense. Thoughts?

You never miss a chance to run him down.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If the SEC goes to pods, why don’t they do it sort of like the NFL divisions play. Let’s say the 4 teams in the East pod play all East pod members and all South pod members plus 1. Then the North and West pods do the same thing. The top team from the East/South pods play the winner of the North/West pods in the SEC championship game. That eliminates a semifinal game. Then the next year the East pod plays the North pod and the West pod plays the South pod and so on year after year. That allows to play all teams every 3 years.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but I think it makes sense. Thoughts?
First I’ve heard this mentioned. I like this. Eliminates the need for a semifinal has a division feel but still allows you to play every team every two years

Reactions: Gilbert
When more stories come out from their incompetence it will only get worse…
What’s “it”? Outsized personal rage? Guy’s been fired twice…and won a NC while setting a winning standard. I was for him being fired both times…as the situation dictated. All or nothing isn’t the way I’m going no matter the outcome of storytime. 😏

AP says HB is the most steady option at QB after calling him too inconsistent like 3 days ago. So there's that.

I just want, one time, to see AP or Hubbs or Rucker throw a football. They don’t know anything about the actual game and are clueless when they don’t have drama to report on.

Knoxville has the worst sports media.

I just want, one time, to see AP or Hubbs or Rucker throw a football. They don’t know anything about the actual game and are clueless when they don’t have drama to report on.

Knoxville has the worst sports media.
This times 100 luckily we have an AD now that can shield the coaches from having to deal with that crap

What’s “it”? Outsized personal rage? Guy’s been fired twice…and won a NC while setting a winning standard. I was for him being fired both times…as the situation dictated. All or nothing isn’t the way I’m going no matter the outcome of storytime. 😏
“It” is more stories coming from Knoxville media guys like Trey Wallace who love to write revisionist history articles on what happened to cause the firings….it’s inevitable

He will be waiting a long time for a resolution to that investigation…the ncaa still hasn’t concluded with LSU and a few other programs ahead of us and it has been years already… The media in Knoxville need to find a different topic to spew and let it happen when it happens aside from asking kids what they think about it
I have hopeful optimism for us though. Because we had/have the NCAA with us conducting the investigation the whole way. And I’m hoping with the new NIL rules and the opinion the NCAA has lost almost all power it will help as well. I know the NIL rules maybe don’t completely line up but the NCAA is in such a tough place and every school is almost completely overt about everything now it’s the Wild West and the NCAA is throwing their hands up. I mean now they’re so lost they’re searching for reasons to exist by instituting more aggressive drug testing.
F9135C41-2D43-4A25-83CA-9CF1BAEE20CB.gif

“It” is more stories coming from Knoxville media guys like Trey Wallace who love to write revisionist history articles on what happened to cause the firings….it’s inevitable
I don’t fault Trey for carving out a living but there’s slaw and grades of it. Truth lurks somewhere in the middle ether and none of it affects established memories. Kissed a baby kissed an ass…things got kissed.

I have hopeful optimism for us though. Because we had/have the NCAA with us conducting the investigation the whole way. And I’m hoping with the new NIL rules and the opinion the NCAA has lost almost all power it will help as well. I know the NIL rules maybe don’t completely line up but the NCAA is in such a tough place and every school is almost completely overt about everything now it’s the Wild West and the NCAA is throwing their hands up. I mean now they’re so lost they’re searching for reasons to exist by instituting more aggressive drug testing.
View attachment 382626
I'm sure, knowing Tennessee, we'll be the last team to ever be punished by the NCAA.

Reading an insider on another board who says the current thinking is the SEC stays in two big divisions, not pods, with UA/AU moving to East and Mizzou to West with the newcomers. 9 game conference schedule. Play everyone in your division plus one cross-division permanent opponent and the other rotating each year.

If that comes to pass, who would we want as our permanent opponent from the West now that Bama would be in the East? Ole Miss is the only one that has any history behind it for us, from the pre-1992 expansion days. Would they want an annual “Battle of the UT’s?”
If this is the case it actually helps us because now UGA and Florida get them every year too.

View attachment 382626
I have no doubt in my mind that we have gone about this right way. I followed the UNC basketball scandal for years the biggest misconception is that they told the NCAA to F off but truthfully they welcomed them with open arms and had their own investigation on the matter in which both parties determined it was an academic accreditation issue not an improper benefits one since all students were allowed to take those fake classes not just athletes. The investigation lasted years and killed certain aspects of their recruiting.

Did they bend the rules in order to keep certain students eligible…of course they probably did but no overt proof as a result and they didn’t hide it and was compliant throughout the process.

We fired everyone involved, we have been compliant… We have no championships to take away during that time and now athletes are allowed to be paid. I expect to lose scholarships and be put on probation, but what can the ncaa do that we haven’t already endured already the past 15 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back