Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a true fan or you would already have him in Vol clothing lol. JK beautiful gift from God. Cherish every second with him.
Little bugger came a month early, before we could get him the proper attire to enter this world. Not to worry, grandma has already been looking at Vol gear for him. Like I said in another forum, I’m going to be that grandparent that when anyone asks me how I am, I’ll reply “oh, you want to look at baby pictures, here they are”. I’ll post pictures of him in his gear.

Doug Matthews pretty much said the same this morning. He believes they will offer up 10 scholarships for this year along with bowl game. He believes that along with firing everyone will be enough. We shall see.
A bowl ban would be ridiculous. You are going to punish the kids that stayed? Any recruit this year need not to look at UT.

10 scholarships in one year would totally kill the program and the competing coaches are correct in telling recruits that UT is getting the death penalty. Has any other program received that many as a penalty in one year?

The disproportionate thing about this is that you refused to buy out Pruitt and bought out Fulmer. Why did you get rid of Fulmer if he is not culpable here? He has to be or he would not have been fired.

IF what Doug is saying is true then I am beginning to believe that the way UT has handled this they should probably just give up football.

A bowl ban would be ridiculous. You are going to punish the kids that stayed? Any recruit this year need not to look at UT.

10 scholarships in one year would totally kill the program and the competing coaches are correct in telling recruits that UT is getting the death penalty. Has any other program received that many as a penalty in one year?

The disproportionate thing about this is that you refused to buy out Pruitt and bought out Fulmer. Why did you get rid of Fulmer if he is not culpable here? He has to be or he would not have been fired.

IF what Doug is saying is true then I am beginning to believe that the way UT has handled this they should probably just give up football.
The scholarships count against the 85 roster limit. We're never at 85 anyway so really no big deal.

Miss this dude! Outside of Kamara, he was the most dangerous with the ball in his hands.

I recall the 2nd half of that game in ATL (no kids), He was best athlete ive ever seen in Orange.

Rewatching those, two things. That full speed left leg dig is sick, two, he did most of that on his own. There were lots of plays where he didnt even score but made touhh catches.

I recall the 2nd half of that game in ATL (no kids), He was best athlete ive ever seen in Orange.

Rewatching those, two things. That full speed left leg dig is sick, two, he did most of that on his own. There were lots of plays where he didnt even score but made touhh catches.

That TD against Georgia was something else!

The way UT handled is exactly how you are suppose to handle situations like this… the admin was told about the improper benefits which is a direct violation of Pruitt’s contract whether or not Fulmer knew which he probably did there is probably no proof he is culpable so you fire the coach and buyout a lame duck AD/legend. You don’t sit on the possibility of a whistleblower going to the press or the ncaa next if you don’t do anything yourself. You take charge and investigate the claim first fire all involved and give the evidence to the NCAA to show we were quick and swift with the outcome and most of all compliant.

The scholarships count against the 85 roster limit. We're never at 85 anyway so really no big deal.
They are not at 85 now, so his point was give up the 10 this year and load up on transfers the next couple of years to make up the difference. They were never going to a bowl game this year. They have had that planned all along.

Only if we had a D that year.
That offense came alive against bad teams and late in games when we were down two or three touchdowns…Yeah the D was bad but that offense was archaic and inefficient with Cheney’s long drawn out WR routes that took forever to run…Cheney was a below average OC

Reactions: reeceb73
That offense came alive against bad teams and late in games when we were down two or three touchdowns…Yeah the D was bad but that offense was archaic and inefficient with Cheney’s long drawn out WR routes that took forever to run…Cheney was a below average OC
Just think what that offense could have been if CP knew his routes

They are not at 85 now, so his point was give up the 10 this year and load up on transfers the next couple of years to make up the difference. They were never going to a bowl game this year. They have had that planned all along.
If I were UT, I wouldn't take any other actions against the team. They fired everyone, that should be enough.

A one year bowl ban this year would be insignificant in regards to recruiting. Giving up 10 scholarships in one year is rough though, especially in the shape we’re in. 10 scholarships spread over 3 or 4 years wouldn’t be so bad.

The uncertainty is what is killing us in recruiting. Just need to get a verdict out and get past it.

Just think what that offense could have been if CP knew his routes
Oline couldnt hold their blocks long enough consistently to make a difference anyway.

Side note: CP was the only player good enough to master Cheney’s end around play call he loved to call although CP would usually run the other way from where the play was intended to go

Bodybuilding season is almost here! Time for the recruiting forum to post pics of sweaty mens with their bulging muscles and veins. We’ll judge their branch chain amino acids intake, and then extrapolate the number of regular season wins.

Are you excited?!?

Oh boy and the sarcastic posts are starting to heat up 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back