Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just recruiting, Hank. Pruitt goes 6-4 with the same schedule as UCF this year. Its an underwhelming hire. We can agree to disagree on things, its ok. I like what you bring to this board and im not one to make any kind of enemies on here. Im truly hoping that he takes us to the promised land. I think the frustrations of just continuing to wait for several years when its been the same story for the past 12 years. I apologize if it seems I'm coming off as an a$$, just frustrating.

There's positives and negatives to the hire and I think we both could agree on those terms. Let's see what happens and hope it works this time.

THAT is complete Horse $hit...Huepel went 6-4 in his conference with their talent. Pruitt went 3-7 in his conference with his talent. Comparing the two schedules/teams is stupid.

It's not just recruiting, Hank. Pruitt goes 6-4 with the same schedule as UCF this year. Its an underwhelming hire. We can agree to disagree on things, its ok. I like what you bring to this board and im not one to make any kind of enemies on here. Im truly hoping that he takes us to the promised land. I think the frustrations of just continuing to wait for several years when its been the same story for the past 12 years. I apologize if it seems I'm coming off as an a$$, just frustrating.

There's positives and negatives to the hire and I think we both could agree on those terms. Let's see what happens and hope it works this time.
Buddy Pruitt lost to Georgia state, blown out by vandy, blown out by Kentucky. I can keep going. I’m not assuming any game is a win with that dumbass.

i'm not thrilled with the hire but these dudes are a bunch of clowns...

Literally they are the worst. The are embarrassing. They are continuing the toxic environment around our program. They don't know if this is a strikeout. The dude hasn't even had his press conference yet. They don't even know what the staff is.

We have paid UCF around 6 million $$$ for their AD and their coach in buyout $$$. We are still paying Fulmer his buyout and if Pruitt sues and gets 1/2 of what he was owed (6 million $$) then how in the heck did UT decide it was better to fire for cause than to just fire Pruitt and Fulmer and avoid all the negativity with the program. This makes absolutely no sense. We actually may end up spending more $$$ trying to fire for cause than we would have if we would have just fired for performance.
Ain’t my money. Don’t care.

1. Sam Bradford, a 3 star QB, went on to win a heisman and be the #1 over all pick under JH.
2. Drew Locke,a 4 star QB, had a monster season under JH and extremely regressed under Dooley the following year... currently starting in the NFL.
3. Immediately After he left Missouri, they looked absolutely lost on offense against texas.
4. Has the personality that we haven’t tried before. Laid back, teacher, reminds me of leach in a way and has a NFL vibe to his demeanor. Isn’t a fake rah rah guy like butch tried to be. He’s himself. I appreciate it.
5. His offenses are very QB friendly and live off of feasting on the middle of the field with easy completions and YAC.
6. His offenses get the ball out quick so i think it will negate a lot of the good pass rushers we come across in the SEC. all of his offenses at Oklahoma, Utah state, Missouri etc all had really low sack rates. Ball is getting out quick and letting play makers run. *baileys quick release and touch is why i think he fits great here... but i also think hooker is a dark horse to win the job.
7. The closest offense to compare it too is the briles offense from Baylor.a lot of RPOs intended to cut the field in thirds. Live off the middle and try to beat coverages into one on ones on the outside.

Here’s a nice article breaking it down.

Film Study: Missouri’s Offense Resembles Standard High-Scoring Big 12 Team

7 will have to do for now.
You're missing what I think might be his biggest selling point: they say he found and personally evaluated Jordan Love at Utah State. Utah State was his only offer.

You may be right. IDT people have a lot of patience left, though. I think people are tired of disappointing, never-ending rebuilds. Another bitch-slapping from UK or an embarrassing loss to Vandy, Mizzou or SCAR isn't going to go over well. Instead of adjusting their expectations, I think people will start adjusting how they spend their Saturdays. Some already have.
That's why this hire was so important. I don't think this guy will move the needle for most people. Sure you have fans that will find the positives and completely ignore the negatives and justify what the AD does. I do tend to agree people are becoming wise to it. I have maintained for years that UT takes advantage of a very loyal fan base. We keep lapping up whatever they serve. I think the big TV money has diminished the value of the fan. They make a lot more money from the TV deals than on fan attendance on Saturdays. Its allways been a spreadsheet decision for them. How little do I have to invest to obtain the maximum amount of revenue. The goals of the UT administration do not align with what the fans want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back