Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
JH offenses run a ton of plays, similar to what Ole Miss and Bama did this year. Both of those teams struggled on defense, not saying its not important but I don't put much stock into it

yeah i hear that -- it would be nice if defense could be decent. conditioning is going to be huge. they're going to be gassed.

The optics of Kiffin are, in large part, a reflection of his shameless self-promotion. He's a glorified carnival barker. Has he had some success? Yes. Is he a top-tier coach? Hell no. And anyone who believes that isn't actually savvy but is simply swept up in Kiffin's "show". Come talk to me when he's won 60+% of his SEC games as a head coach. Then I'll give him the credit he craves.
Did you even read what I said??!?!? Lol! Wow!!! I just said he is overrated and you go in a spree lol.

Reactions: 84Volfan
It is what it is. I expect the offense to be fun at least. These young men deserve our support no matter what. All the bitching and moaning we do is only going to make them feel like we aren’t on their side.
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breaths. (Trying to avoid a panic attack)

Reactions: SmokinBob
The fanbase accepted Pruitt because the administration bungled the search so hard for a month it was looking like we might not even have a coach in 2018.

JH 100% has a better resume than Pruitt.

The fan reaction is just the downside of running a search completely in the dark. If you leave it to their imagination, UT fans arent going to conjure up anything but the most coveted coaches.

Hank, I’m excited about the possibility of an improving offense.
I think one of his hardest first jobs will be winning and securing our current locker room.

Would you mind listing some of the ten positive things you were referring to?
I’m trying to get optimistic but just worry this is Dooley 2.0

1. Sam Bradford, a 3 star QB, went on to win a heisman and be the #1 over all pick under JH.
2. Drew Locke,a 4 star QB, had a monster season under JH and extremely regressed under Dooley the following year... currently starting in the NFL.
3. Immediately After he left Missouri, they looked absolutely lost on offense against texas.
4. Has the personality that we haven’t tried before. Laid back, teacher, reminds me of leach in a way and has a NFL vibe to his demeanor. Isn’t a fake rah rah guy like butch tried to be. He’s himself. I appreciate it.
5. His offenses are very QB friendly and live off of feasting on the middle of the field with easy completions and YAC.
6. His offenses get the ball out quick so i think it will negate a lot of the good pass rushers we come across in the SEC. all of his offenses at Oklahoma, Utah state, Missouri etc all had really low sack rates. Ball is getting out quick and letting play makers run. *baileys quick release and touch is why i think he fits great here... but i also think hooker is a dark horse to win the job.
7. The closest offense to compare it too is the briles offense from Baylor.a lot of RPOs intended to cut the field in thirds. Live off the middle and try to beat coverages into one on ones on the outside.

Here’s a nice article breaking it down.

Film Study: Missouri’s Offense Resembles Standard High-Scoring Big 12 Team

7 will have to do for now.

Bottom line?

@Atlanta VOL was wrong. @LA Vol was right. Plowman bit off way more than she could chew and she choked. We were better off leaving Pruitt one more year then firing him. That way we didn't self report to the NCAA. Then we probably could have had Freeze, Campbell, Fickell, or Fleck because we wouldn't have these incoming crippling sanctions.

We will be back here in 4 years. Enjoy the shi*show.
No we definitely should’ve fired Pruitt and just given him his buyout

We have paid UCF around 6 million $$$ for their AD and their coach in buyout $$$. We are still paying Fulmer his buyout and if Pruitt sues and gets 1/2 of what he was owed (6 million $$) then how in the heck did UT decide it was better to fire for cause than to just fire Pruitt and Fulmer and avoid all the negativity with the program. This makes absolutely no sense. We actually may end up spending more $$$ trying to fire for cause than we would have if we would have just fired for performance.

Reactions: Volnut and 84Volfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back