Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheeks statement today was huge, $ is no longer an issue. Looks like Hart/Boosters will indeed make Gruden tell them no.

I feel like that's a huge step for the program. Hopefully the university continues to show a commitment to the AD. It's been lacking for years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYcMnxkc0o[/youtube]

Fire from manning.

Heated discussion between Brady and Bill O.

You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just trying to pick at anything to prove he is not a good Qb.

Ummm. I think he IS a good QB. And "fire" and "heated discussion" are not the same as pouting and finger pointing. Plus, those two QBs have the standing and respect of their coaches and peers because they have earned it. I'm sorry you took issue with my opinion. Have a good day, sir.

You might want to go back and look at the play-by-play of that game. In the second half, we actually stopped throwing the ball and ran the ball at a higher percentage rate. We did not start overwhelmingly throwing the ball until the last series in regulation and in overtime.

+1

1.Defensive playcalling
2.Linebacker play
3.Inability to set the edge
4.Pisspoor secondary play
5.Poor HC decisions, general game mismanagement

i have to get through at least 5 critical things before I even get to anything related to the offense

Couldn't agree more with this.

The point was and always has been sir ... regarding Bray's temperment isn't that he has an attitude problem but one that he isn't a good decision maker nor is he a good leader. He has shown that when the going gets tough he backs down rather than seizing the moment and appears to pout.

Caveat to my previous post: I agree with this as well. Honestly, I think it is equal parts Bray and Chaney. Bray is not good at pre-snap reads, and he doesn't check us out of bad plays and into good ones. I understand the coaches don't allow him to do this; I have to wonder why. I suspect it's because he doesn't do much work in the film room studying defenses.

At the same time, Chaney continually has frustrated me with some of his play calling. It's third and one: put Bullard and a fullback in the game and run the damn ball up the gut! Impose your will on the defense! Some of these calls just baffle me sometimes. Florida and Mizzou were perfect examples of this.

I do realize that our defense was our most glaring issue this year and it wasn't even close. But I also think Chaney could've helped them out by calling better plays at times.

Did any of you watch this "60 Minutes" segment on college football?

CBS 60 Minutes Story On College Sports

This tells me that we have to get this hire right now.

We can not afford to settle for Charlie Strong or some other week B list coach.

There is too much at stake and we have to go out and get a home run hire folks.

Pittman said himself that we started doing a poor job in the run game because they started sending run blitzes that we couldn't handle. Did you miss that?

That may be true for early in the 2nd half, but surely they were not sending run blitzes at the end. If I remember correctly, we did not run the ball in the final 5 minutes of regulation or in overtime. Why would you run blitz a team who did not run? Regardless, they could have run a draw or something. There is no excuse for abandoning the run like that, IMO.

The AD getting to keep 18M is bigger news than anything that's happened to UT football in a decade at least. Our HR coach is coming, Hart has earned his salary by convincing Cheek/BOT to invest in the AD.

The AD getting to keep 18M is bigger news than anything that's happened to UT football in a decade at least. Our HR coach is coming, Hart has earned his salary by convincing Cheek/BOT to invest in the AD.

Doubt Hart had anything to do with it.

and for those of you who like stats here some fun stats to show where we should place the blame

note offense rated 4th in SEC in points, 2nd in yards - College Football - Statistics by Team - Rivals.com

note QB ranked #1 in SEC - College Football - Statistics by Category - Rivals.com

note defense ranked last - 2nd to last in rush D, 2nd to last in pass D - College Football - Statistics by Team - Rivals.com

now i never agree that stats tell the whole story but this is a real come on - the blame rests on the D my friends, not on Tbray

Once again in the 5 biggest games 54% completion percentage 10 td and 9 interceptions.

Nones blaming Bray for the losses, its a team effort all round. Bad coaching, poor effort at times, and poor attitudes. You have all world talent at wr who have problems understanding hot routes, at the same time your qb in crucial situations tHrows 30 yard fade routes on 4th and 3 calls. how is it your qb is leading the league in tds, pretty much leading in passing yards but ratedd 5th amongst SEC qbs.

Peyton Manning Career Stats At UT.
Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
863 1381 62.5 11201 8.1 8.3 89 33 147.1

Tyler Bray Career Stats
520 888 58.6 7151 8.1 8.1 65 28 144.1

Thought this comparison was interesting. If Tyler comes back for his Sr year, odds are he will pass Manning in most of these stats. Something that makes it more impressive to me is this, when Manning took his first snap he was behind a very good offensive line, we all know what Tyler started behind. Also Manning had some great defenses to help the team out. Manning also had Stewart, Hayden, our very on coach Graham, Lewis, Stephens and Henry to hand the ball too.

No way am i saying Tyler Bray is a better QB than Peyton Manning, i do think Tyler has more natural talent. What separates Manning from the rest is between his ears and his competitive nature. Tyler has shown when things get rough he can lose his competitive edge nor has the leadership skills of Manning.

I think if Tyler starts out with a veteran oline from the beginning, stud running backs and very good defenses, these stats wouldnt even be close. I dont see how anyone can say Tyler Bray is not a good qb. I do know his attitude and desire can be questioned at times, those are two things no one could ever question about Manning.

Tyler should come back for his SR, he needs it. Maybe with the right coach, we'll see the real Tyler Bray on the field.

Reactions: 4 people
Peyton Manning Career Stats At UT.
863 1381 62.5 11201 8.1 8.3 89 33 147.1

Tyler Bray Career Stats
520 888 58.6 7151 8.1 8.1 65 28 144.1

Thought this comparison was interesting. If Tyler comes back for his Sr year, odds are he will pass Manning in most of these stats. Something that makes it more impressive to me is this, when Manning took his first snap he was behind a very good offensive line, we all know what Tyler started behind. Also Manning had some great defenses to help the team out. Manning also had Stewart, Hayden, our very on coach Graham, Lewis, Stephens and Henry to hand the ball too.

No way am i saying Tyler Bray is a better QB than Peyton Manning, i do think Tyler has more natural talent. What separates Manning from the rest is between his ears and his competitive nature. Tyler has shown when things get rough he can lose his competitive edge nor has the leadership skills of Manning.

I think if Tyler starts out with a veteran oline from the beginning, stud running backs and very good defenses, these stats wouldnt even be close. I dont see how anyone can say Tyler Bray is not a good qb. I do know his attitude and desire can be questioned at times, those are two things no one could ever question about Manning.

Tyler should come back for his SR, he needs it. Maybe with the right coach, we'll see the real Tyler Bray on the field.

Same people who hate Bray hated Casey and all he did was win.

Reactions: 3 people
Same people who hate Bray hated Casey and all he did was win.

Also in Mannings 4 years, UT lost only 3 games they scored 29 points or more in. This year alone UT has lost 4 games in which they scored at least 31 points. What a difference a good defense makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back