Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Gruden talk is just pointless. That should be stopped. You shouldn't hope for that. You should hope for something realistic. If major media outlets aren't reporting it, it's not worth listening to.

Has Gruden come out and said he isn't interested?

Why do people not like Smart? Saban promoted Smart to DC and has done everything to keep Smart as his DC (has successfully done so for five years). Dooley was never promoted to a coordinators role. Smart will be a great head coach...either for UT or UGA.

I don't dislike Hart. In fact, I've pointed out the same things you just did to defend him.

There is a reason Sal had not been a DC since 1998 and 1999 at Alabama A&M.

Sadly, this is true. This choice will be pegged as the final nail in Dooley's coffin.

Too bad. I always really liked Dooley and hoped he'd be the guy for a lot of different reasons. The chances of him being here next year are slim to none now, though.

And the Gruden talk is just pointless. That should be stopped. You shouldn't hope for that. You should hope for something realistic. If major media outlets aren't reporting it, it's not worth listening to.

ok...pray tell, what ARE the major media outlets reporting then?

Because last I checked, Chris Low confirmed that Gruden would be interested...

I don't dislike Hart. In fact, I've pointed out the same things you just did to defend him.

Bottom line, whoever we hire is likely to be more successful than Dooley.

Gruden
Strong
Smart
Patterson
Taggart
Tuberville
Petrino
McDaniels

2 problems, Taggart's probably not big time enough for the Boosters (in their eyes it would be similar to Dooley hire) and the 2nd ( just being brutally honest), he's black.
although, you could say he has a better resume than Stanford's David Shaw.
Taggart's been an OC (OC of a D-1AA national Champion) , QB coach, WR coach and RB coach.

Unless my head is completely in the sand, I don't agree. I think the short list would include 3 black coaches(Strong, Taggart, and Shaw).

ok...pray tell, what ARE the major media outlets reporting then?

Because last I checked, Chris Low confirmed that Gruden would be interested...

I guess I heard that Low quote differently. I thought Low was quoting something that had been said a while back and he even hedged a bunch when making the statement.

A lot of rumblings at UGA (like every year) but if they did make a move, would you be opposed to reaching out to mark richt?

Unless my head is completely in the sand, I don't agree. I think the short list would include 3 black coaches(Strong, Taggart, and Shaw).

Hugh jackson, head coach of raiders last year. (Great offensice coach)
Rahim moore. Tampa bay head coach last year (monte kiffin was big on him) and say what u want but monte is one the best dcoaches in nfl history

Bottom line, whoever we hire is likely to be more successful than Dooley.

Gruden
Strong
Smart
Patterson
Taggart
Tuberville
Petrino
McDaniels

Among the top reasons this is the case is because Dooley will have left them with a lot more talent than Dooley was provided. For all his ills, Dooley is leaving the program in a lot better place.

While there's clearly more room for improvement, our O-Line and D-Line are better than they've been in a long time and we seem well stocked in some other areas.

Reactions: 1 person
Rahim moore. Tampa bay head coach last year (monte kiffin was big on him) and say what u want but monte is one the best dcoaches in nfl history

Don't be surprised if Morris is brought in as part of Gruden's staff, if it happens.

Reactions: 2 people
2 problems, Taggart's probably not big time enough for the Boosters (in their eyes it would be similar to Dooley hire) and the 2nd ( just being brutally honest), he's black.

Taggart's been an OC (OC of a D-1AA national Champion) , QB coach, WR coach and RB coach.

I respect you for bringing this out. Times have changed, but it is still a factor whether people want to accept it or not (with people making the decisions).

I remember the stories back the Holloway days when Bama couldn't take him as a QB because Bama didn't know what would happen if they had a black QB.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of rumblings at UGA (like every year) but if they did make a move, would you be opposed to reaching out to mark richt?

UGA will only lose 2 games this year...I just can't see them firing Richt over TWO games.

There is a reason Sal had not been a DC since 1998 and 1999 at Alabama A&M.

I agree with that.

Im trying to figure out how much credit Smart gets for Sabans defense.

If he had stepped out a couple years ago at a legit school and was successful away from Saban he would be a more viable option. Right now he is a guess.

The first reason is why I don't think we will hire Taggart unless all the top targets (Gruden, etc...) turn us down.

Hugh Jackson did a great job at Oakland, why he got fired is beyond me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back