Recruiting Football Talk VII

We can also take more this year and take the scholarship hit next year or the year after, I believe. That may be something they are considering because of the team's potential with Nico and the other players over the next couple of years.

How many scholarships did they take? I thought I remember them saying it was a total over x # of years, not a specific amount per year.
I think it's something like 14 scholarships over the next 5 years.

why does anyone gaf if these guys gamble? its legal.
tumblr_mnhemaazjd1qmn5ngo1_2501.gif

Resident snake experts, what do you make or this? I think baby snakes are being made right outside my dining room window. Kill ‘em or nah?

View attachment 635214
Rat snake, very beneficial. Don’t kill them, they are harmless- plus they are great for controlling mice and rats.

Resident snake experts, what do you make or this? I think baby snakes are being made right outside my dining room window. Kill ‘em or nah?

View attachment 635214
never kill a snake.

maybe runaway, or stand in place arms
extended & yell. IMG_6283.gif

All animals, specifically copperheads appreciate this movement. And generally, will leave you alone. It also works well with bull moose, bears, and wild boar.

Further...Having worked in National Park, and never worked with any animals. I speak as a qualified authority, if you are lucky enough to find a Copperhead, or any pit viper. You may try climbing on a rock, gruffly screaming 'ohh yeah,' while adjusting your sunglasses. Run one arm down one side of bicep, and smack it. As if to say 'this elbow is yours.'

As evidenced in this instructional video.
IMG_6285.gif

It also helps to curse profusely/

Last edited:
What is the random restaurant food you'd eat at least occasionally for which people would judge you?

I think mine would be a bean burrito from Taco Bell. It takes me back to my college days and being broke. They were 39 cents, I think then. I might eat them once a year now, and they are not always great, but they also smack in a weird way. With hot sauce of course. Likely after a night of drinking.
I'll be in Pigeon Forge' tomorrow. I'll definitely be judged on the chili cheese burritos I get from Taco Bell. . . most people don't get to witness a person with that level of sophistication.

Yall making @RikidyBones nervous about his annual Applebee's of America tour.
I think he may have been kidnapped by some crazed Bama fan while pilgrimaging the Applebee's in Ozark, AL. He'll probably turn back up with a tramp stamp that says, "Property of Clem".

I have coached both baseball and football for years and love both dearly. I have witnessed first hand the dying of baseball. In football you can take an athlete with no experience and find somewhere to plug them in and they can have success. You can watch football and be entertained with little or no understanding of the game (there are many object lessons on VN that will attest to that fact). That is not true of baseball.
I can't tell you how many times, in baseball, a player who hasn't played for a while comes out and they look foolish. Unless the competition is very low, but they ain't gonna cut it on a state caliber or highly competitive team, there is too much to know. There is nowhere to hide in baseball, everyone comes to bat. Experience and knowledge of the game is massively important.
I submit Michael Jordan as exhibit #1. One of the greatest athletes to ever walk the planet and arguably the best basketball player of all time (morans please don't go there). He sucked in his foray into professional baseball. I mean as an old man I could have hit better than him in AA.
Baseball can make athletes look like idiots
That's one reason football is so popular. . .you have a position for the fatties and bean poles to play and be successful.

It blows my mind that players can practice and condition themselves at the level they do and still have a tire around their waist. They must eat truckloads to stay that size. . . but, I also ate truckloads and could never again a lb over about 180. . . which is my point, I guess. There is a spot on the field for all body types

What is the random restaurant food you'd eat at least occasionally for which people would judge you?

I think mine would be a bean burrito from Taco Bell. It takes me back to my college days and being broke. They were 39 cents, I think then. I might eat them once a year now, and they are not always great, but they also smack in a weird way. With hot sauce of course. Likely after a night of drinking.
This is VN. People judge you for everything.

Except me. I don't judge.

VN Store

Back