Recruiting Football Talk VII

We made it to a blessed day and hopefully a lucky one. Prayers to you all.

March 29, 2024: When you encounter a situation that seems impossible to deal with, do not panic. Take the time to consider your options and ask for divine guidance. I will give you wisdom, says the Lord, and will make a way where there seems to be no way. But, you first must quiet your soul and be still so that you can receive direction. James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

Yes. It's Thunder Good-Oil, a long time regular and reliable. Plus, I just saw in the "Regular Posters" thread, this:

Let's hope it didn't spread.

And LFG! and play a great game and advance. This team overcomes adversity.

Santi, go and have a game like Jordan at Utah when he had the flu!!

As long as Santi’s flu doesnt spread to the rest of the team, im not horribly concerned. Santi doesn’t do anything that Mashack and Gainey cant provide

10 of the other 15 Sweet 16 teams I feel 100% confident we would beat (or we have beaten already this year). 3 of the 4 current Elite 8 teams we either already beat or would beat imo.

Yet I'm still nervous about Creighton and was nervous going into the tournament. Please don't let me down boys 🙏
Creighton struggles against the PnR, and will resort to doubling the ball handler.
As long as guys hit their shots we will be fine.

Man, I hope it’s not the flu. Would be just our luck to have the roster to make a deep run, and then have multiple key players coming down with the flu during SS weekend.
Another concern would be, say its just Santi now. By 10 freaking pm it could be multiple players coming sick. Or if we win, by Sunday everyone is sick.

Not bueno. Hopefully its not flu of Covid and just a cold.

Man, I hope it’s not the flu. Would be just our luck to have the roster to make a deep run, and then have multiple key players coming down with the flu during SS weekend.
Such a Tennessee thing. Why am I not surprised? Surely, if he's ill/not 100%, they'll go with Mashack? Mashack can at least give us a couple of put backs and his defense is at least the equal, if not better, than Vescovi.

As long as Santi’s flu doesnt spread to the rest of the team, im not horribly concerned. Santi doesn’t do anything that Mashack and Gainey cant provide
Dude, they eat together, travel together, practice together. If there's one player sick, you can bet the farm there will be others. Could it come at a worse time? Nah, this is UT and that's how it goes for us. BVS my backside.

UCONN is just a freaking steamroller...barring them having one of THOSE games where nobody on UConn can shoot, all the bounces go the other teams way and the other team hits shot after shot after shot under pressure...nobody is beating them.
tumblr_nx99gh6Nc91rn7bzro1_500.gif

VN Store

Back