Recruiting Football Talk VII

IDT holding Nico back was a strategy. CJH committed to Joe and told him it was his team before the season started. They expected to give Nico more reps, but the season didn't go as planned. Games were closer than expected, critical injuries were an issue and it just kept rolling forward. It wasn't a Grand Plan-- just a set of circumstances that affected the outcome. Nico was flashing in practice all season long and improved every time he played. If CJH could rewind the season, I'm sure he would play Nico more. He's said as much. But... page turned, and it's all good.

Coke zero?
Barf!!!
Dumpster Man GIF - Dumpster Man Throw Out - Discover & Share GIFs

Good job...I quit drinking 25 years ago along with every other vice I had, all at ghe same time..lol...I was just like Lloyd Bridges character in Airplane...for weeks I went around with the shakes and I would joke to everbody "looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking Meth, drinkin, heroin, crack, cigarettes, marijuana etc etc etc" 😁
Good for you! I see that you left out sniffing glue. Everyone has a vice I suppose. 😆

How many do you remember?
Tab
Surge
Vault
Slice
Josta
Jolt
Orbitz
OK Soda
Mt Dew Pitch Black
Life Saver Soda
Original New York Seltzer (you may need to see a picture of this one to remember it)
View attachment 607113

Clearly Canadian
Hubba Bubba soda eek
All of them.

Here are a few more obscure gems I remember:

Cherry Cola Slice
Apple Slice
7up Gold

How many do you remember?
Tab
Surge
Vault
Slice
Josta
Jolt
Orbitz
OK Soda
Mt Dew Pitch Black
Life Saver Soda
Original New York Seltzer (you may need to see a picture of this one to remember it)
View attachment 607113

Clearly Canadian
Hubba Bubba soda eek
When I was in high school, we had Jolt cola in our vending machines. Looking back, not the best idea for the school... The Jolt slogan was "All the sugar and twice the caffeine". lol

I am definitely addicted to Cherry Coke Zero.
If you are ever interested in quitting (not saying you should or shouldn't), someone I know quit a life-long all-day Coke- (later Coke Zero-) habit by breaking the drink into two, so to speak, by switching to black tea (dark, much less caffeine than coffee, so you can drink it more often) and (separately) sparkling water (preferred) or club soda (ubiquitous) for the fizz. It not only worked, she doesn't miss soft drinks at all and likes the replacements much better. You can allot them anyway you want. I think she's about 3-4 to 1 (waters to teas). Not everyone has good black tea, but unsweetened "iced tea" (with or without the ice) works fine. And like club soda, it is available everywhere. I guess coffee would work too. Keeping the bubbles going seems to be the key.

Last edited:
Good for you! I see that you left out sniffing glue. Everyone has a vice I suppose. 😆
I did just about everything else...that's why I didn't sniff glue, I got the good, well BAD stuff but you know what I mean...

I hate intoxicating glue smells anyway...we had to use contact glue to stick carpet to cement and metal steps a lot if times, and it always gave me a massive sick headache along with making me high af, so I always wore a mask and kept a fan blowing the fumes away when I used it.

We used to use a lot of materials in flooring that could really mess you up if you used them in unventilated areas.

VN Store

Back