Recruiting Football Talk VII

January 3, 1992
"The Comeback"

The Bills trailed the Houston Oilers 35-3 in the third quarter of a wild-card playoff game in the 1992 postseason before storming all the way back. Christie kicked the game-winning field goal in overtime to cap the biggest comeback in NFL history, a feat even the players on the field didn't think was possible. Add in that the Bills were quarterbacked by a backup in Frank Reich, and the record is that much more impressive.

The Bills and Oilers, who later moved to Nashville in 1996 and became the Titans in 1999, had met in the finale of the 1992 regular season with the Oilers winning 27-3 in Houston. Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly injured his knee in the game, thrusting Reich into the starting role. In 1984 during his college career at Maryland, Reich led the biggest comeback in NCAA history at the time vs. Miami (a 31-point deficit) after coming in as the backup in the second half.

1704287928685.png

Old school soda

If not Sprite, I will have a Ginger Ale, not much for dark Sodas they destroy your kidneys...

That's what my Physician tells me but who the hell knows...🤷🤷
I would say the real sugar is better for yuns.

Up hyurr in NE TN, we have Dr E - Nuff. I'm not sure why it was invented but it was.

January 3, 1992
"The Comeback"

The Bills trailed the Houston Oilers 35-3 in the third quarter of a wild-card playoff game in the 1992 postseason before storming all the way back. Christie kicked the game-winning field goal in overtime to cap the biggest comeback in NFL history, a feat even the players on the field didn't think was possible. Add in that the Bills were quarterbacked by a backup in Frank Reich, and the record is that much more impressive.

The Bills and Oilers, who later moved to Nashville in 1996 and became the Titans in 1999, had met in the finale of the 1992 regular season with the Oilers winning 27-3 in Houston. Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly injured his knee in the game, thrusting Reich into the starting role. In 1984 during his college career at Maryland, Reich led the biggest comeback in NCAA history at the time vs. Miami (a 31-point deficit) after coming in as the backup in the second half.

View attachment 607074
What injured Quarterback did he replace in the game vs Miami?

Not enough good things about Banks. They won us that A&M game.

It is the maddening inconsistency that has been present since his arrival. Praying he has turned the corner since there has been sufficient time to learn what needs to be done in the SEC. This next season he can prove it by handling teams well that have good O's. Fourth year in, he has his recruits and the time necessary to develop most of them.

Youre way overrrating JJJ, and DK isnt that guy. Hes good, but he gets it ripped in traffic way too easily to be that guy. Bigs arent consistent enough, and the bench with all our depth has been a disappointment.

Dont do this to yourself, this team is better, buts its not it.
I know your one of those look up stats on Google people so how about this stat, other than arranging and setting up the lineup and running and refining plays at game speed/gamepressure the basketball occ means jack squat.
P.S I Googled that.

Old school soda

If not Sprite, I will have a Ginger Ale, not much for dark Sodas they destroy your kidneys...

That's what my Physician tells me but who the hell knows...🤷🤷
Confident that it did my father's. Kidney cancer that moved into other organs. All he ever drank was coffee, booze and coke/diet coke. No water, no tea, nothing much else. He quit the booze 20 years before he passed, but would go through the diet cokes like crazy.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back