Recruiting Football Talk VII

I think you nailed it.

Kees them from having to deal with the Texas and Bama crap.

FSU might be the 3 but I could see them wanting to set up a UGA vs Mich/wash championship game
But then they have to deal with the bama and Uga crap. There’s absolutely no way they put in Uga over bama and if they do they’re an even bigger joke than putting bama>Texas

However I hope that happens bcuz bama fans will cry

I just can’t see how the committee drops Georgia to 6 after a close loss like that. I’d love for it to happen though.
It’s the price you pay for a weak schedule and all and 3 teams ahead of you going undefeated and winning conference championships. The 4/5 spots are dictated by the team you just lost to and the other team being the ones that beat them by 10@ home.

But then they have to deal with the bama and Uga crap. There’s absolutely no way they put in Uga over bama and if they do they’re an even bigger joke than putting bama>Texas

However I hope that happens bcuz bama fans will cry
I think both should miss.

But Bama was 8 and UGA 1 and lost by 3 at a conference championship.

It is well within reason not have them fall past 4.

Reactions: Smokey123
Honestly I dont see how UGA drops out of the top 4 after losing by 3 to a top 10 team. I feel like they will drop to 3 and the top 7 looks like:
1. michigan
2. Washington
3. UGA
4. fsu
5. Texas
6. Bama
7. OSU
What? Bama beat them - each has 1 loss...this seems obvious but no way UGA can be ahead.

Texas beat Bama - each has 1 loss (??)

Texas has a CFP contender win. Bama has a CFP contender win. UGA has...?

The 4 best teams should be in the playoff - however you pick them - to determine the best team in the country.

While I agree technically the #1 shouldn’t fall far for losing a close game at the end of the year… however there’s simply no way you can justify putting them over bama. If Uga gets in so does bama imo

Reactions: Brillovol
I just can’t see how the committee drops Georgia to 6 after a close loss like that. I’d love for it to happen though.
UGA could smoke-and-mirrors their way in if (a) there weren’t three undefeated P5 champs (in which case Bama would definitely be in) and (b) Bama’s loss wasn’t to the other team vying for the same playoff spot.

But UGA would need (a) and (b)… and they have neither.

How in the world do you justify putting them @ # 4

Ahead of Bama? That means the conference championship/head-to-head means jack squat.

And if conference championships and H2H do mean something then you have to put Bama ahead of UGA and also Texas ahead of Bama.

Then you have the 3 undefeated conference champions ahead of them.

I feel like this weekend's games made me realize we have a decent gap to close to get to championship level. We have decent talent. But our depth is lacking in alot of areas to compete at the level needed. Just a stark difference it looks like.

A good example of building depth quickly:

Mike Norvell accelerated closing the gap at FSU by embracing the transfer portal. He inherited a broken culture when he took over in 2020. It took him 4 years to get to this point but as we saw by year 3, his team drastically improved, and then took another leap forward in year 4. I believe he has taken roughly 28 guys in the portal the last two years. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

At Tennessee, we are just as capable of turning things around quickly, because of the portal. I don’t think we’re too far off from putting ourselves in the mix. JMO

Last edited:
The 4 best teams should be in the playoff - however you pick them - to determine the best team in the country.
How do you chose the four “best” teams?
A committee?

Voters picked NCs for over 100 years based on eye tests, and you seen the outrage over that.

It’s funny that in all professional sports there is never any crying about a 9-7 team making the playoffs over a 10-6 team that played in a better division.

A good example of building depth quickly:

Mike Norvell accelerated closing the gap at FSU by embracing the transfer portal. He inherited a broken culture when he took over in 2020. It took him 4 years to get to this point but as we saw by year 3, his team drastically improved, and then took another leap forward in year 4. I believe he has taken roughly 28 guys in the portal the last two years. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Wrong.

At Tennessee, we are just as capable of turning things around quickly, because of the portal. I don’t think we’re too far off from putting ourselves in the mix. JMO
We gotta portal some OL and secondary. All the moneys need to be involved.

Total losses and conference championships matter- which should solidify Washington, Michigan, and FSU as 1,2, and 3 in whatever order.

Comparing Texas, Bama, UGA, and OSU as the next 4 you have 2 conference champs with 1 beating the other at their own stadium.

If a SEC team makes it in it’s saying the actual results don’t matter, and if that’s the case what are we even doing?

VN Store

Back