Recruiting Football Talk VII

It’s the price you pay for a weak schedule and all and 3 teams ahead of you going undefeated and winning conference championships. The 4/5 spots are dictated by the team you just lost to and the other team being the ones that beat them by 10@ home.
Their weak schedule is because the SEC was weak this year……partly why

I feel like this weekend's games made me realize we have a decent gap to close to get to championship level. We have decent talent. But our depth is lacking in alot of areas to compete at the level needed. Just a stark difference it looks like.

We have a long way to go. Must start landing the elite 5* difference makers or we won’t get over the hill of success.

I mean obviously the opinions on this board are a microcosm of the committee’s opinions so it could shake out in a few ways.

I won’t be shocked at all to see them get at least 1 SEC team in. I don’t think they should but it won’t shock me in the least.

I’ll casually watch UT games but hard to watch something with any legitimacy when you know the pure corruption behind it.

I mean obviously the opinions on this board are a microcosm of the committee’s opinions so it could shake out in a few ways.

I won’t be shocked at all to see them get at least 1 SEC team in. I don’t think they should but it won’t shock me in the least.

I’ll casually watch UT games but hard to watch something with any legitimacy when you know the pure corruption behind it.

If the committee puts Bama in over FSU or Texas, there legitimately might be lawsuits going on. That’s how criminal it would be lol

Last edited:
Honestly…..the SEC was overrated this year more than any I can remember…..

Missouri and ole miss won 10 games each?
They are the 3rd and 4th best teams? That’s sad. Each would get boatraced by the #3 and #4 teams in all the other P5 conferences.
I agree the SEC had a down year but I'll take this year's Mizzou and Ole over any 3rd or 4th seed in any conference outside of Penn St and I'm not high on them. The likes of Arizona, Oregon St, KSU, WV, Penn St, Iowa, NCST, and GT are who you saying.

Reactions: drvenner
Okay, please help me figure this out…

uga lost to bama

Now there’s no way that an SEC team makes the playoffs now right?

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3 Florida State
4. Should be who? Texas? Ohio State?

Surely there’s no way that bama can jump from 8 to 4. 😈

I pretty much despise texas and ohio state.
But the way the SEC has allowed such biased officiating against us, I want them to suffer the consequences. I want Karma to be the biggest bitch ever. Petty? If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right! 😡

I agree the SEC had a down year but I'll take this year's Mizzou and Ole over any 3rd or 4th seed in any conference outside of Penn St and I'm not high on them. The likes of Arizona, Oregon St, KSU, WV, Penn St, Iowa, NCST, and GT are who you saying.
Maybe not “boatraced”……but Mizzu and ole miss ain’t running roughshod over those teams either……

It still boggles my mind the committee had us behind bama in the final rankings last year (we fûcking beat them!!!). If they keep fsu in the top 4 (I hope they do), it even more bs they had us at 6 and bama at 5 last year.

There needs to strict qualifications and guidelines on how they seed the top 25. If not, their “bs reasonings” (biases) on ranking teams changes week to week and year to year.
Well there already precedent for them to put Bama over Texas which is crazy.

Luckily 12 team playoffs start next year so they shouldn't have any issues going forward.

I'm just here to give some insight to a few others that mention Kaidon. Enjoy your day.

If you’re related to Kaidon, I truly enjoyed watching him play in high school. I was very sad with his choices that got him dismissed by Tennessee. I was really looking forward to see him play for the Volunteers.

If he goes to TCU, I will get to watch him play again! Good luck with the future.

It still boggles my mind the committee had us behind bama in the final rankings last year (we fûcking beat them!!!). If they keep fsu in the top 4 (I hope they do), it even more bs they had us at 6 and bama at 5 last year.

There needs to strict qualifications and guidelines on how they seed the top 25. If not, their “bs reasonings” (biases) on ranking teams changes week to week and year to year.
We got curb stomped by a not so good S. Carolina team at the end of the season.

Reactions: OrangenSC
A good example of building depth quickly:

Mike Norvell accelerated closing the gap at FSU by embracing the transfer portal. He inherited a broken culture when he took over in 2020. It took him 4 years to get to this point but as we saw by year 3, his team drastically improved, and then took another leap forward in year 4. I believe he has taken roughly 28 guys in the portal the last two years. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

At Tennessee, we are just as capable of turning things around quickly, because of the portal. I don’t think we’re too far off from putting ourselves in the mix. JMO
I agree. The portal is a new opportunity to revamp a team in short order. Going off last year though, we seemed relatively selective and passed on a decent amount of options that could have helped us this year.

I believe in what we have put together the past couple of years. But I think we can all agree it's been noticed some areas of stubbornness from the coaching staff to not get out of their comfort zone (playing older less talented players being a prime example). They really need to adapt on their mentalities to have that quick fix other schools have been able to find with the ever evolving landscape.

Ole miss was in a dog fight with Tulanes back up QB and Missouri needed a late FG to beat KSU by 3 at home.

They’ve proved we’re not head and shoulders above anyone this year

Reactions: peaygolf
Well there already precedent for them to put Bama over Texas which is crazy.

Luckily 12 team playoffs start next year so they shouldn't have any issues going forward.
Oh there will be…….b!+ching about a 9-3 LSU getting left out by a 10-2 Kansas St because of whatever crap someone can come up with……

VN Store

Back