Recruiting Football Talk VII

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

-John F Kennedy
Remarks at a Dinner Honoring Nobel Prize Winners of the Western Hemisphere (161)," April 29, 1962, Public Papers of the Presidents: John F. Kennedy, 1962.

200w.gif
😂

The “business” of baseball hasn’t declined (they still have big revenue, good sponsorship, etc) but viewership, both in person and on tv have declined. Youth participation has declined, although I’m sure youth participation in all/most sports has declined
Youth participation has probably declined because they are required to practice 7 days a week!

I work in academia. I know I'm surrounded by idiots and also brilliant people. Again you fail to understand that education level is an actual measure of time spent in school, by definition, and not intelligence. That's why you shouldn't assume someone with a high level of education has a high IQ. It's just that the odds are people with higher levels of education are smarter than the general population.

I don't understand what part of that is confusing you. I think its because you have your own idea of what all these words mean, and that idea is not consistent with their actual meaning.

Edit: and btw, people can be self educated through outside resources from an institution. Apprenticeships, reading/learning science through literature, working with their hands, learning through extension services (if you work in agriculture). You dont have to have a piece of paper.
Your in academia. Now I understand. I am too but I work for the enemy.

70% of the country could read basic words 100 years ago and you think they'd be considered geniuses 😆😅

High standards! And I get we lag a fair number of other 1st world countries, but basic metrics of education and intelligence have risen so much in the last 100 years that definitions have become more strict over time, not less. Even literacy no longer means you can merely read, but something greater functionally.
My grandfather had an eighth grade education and worked as an engineer most of his life and that wasn’t unusual. Critical and spatial thinking skills are a rare commodity today in the google era but it makes people easier to control. So there’s that.

VN Store

Back