Recruiting Concerns

So Tennessee's trio of guards are all individually better rebounders than Wilson? Can't argue with that logic.

I know, right? It's not like A'ja only played a combined 25 minutes in both games compared to the 50 minutes or so that each Tennessee guard averaged. Oh wait...you got busted. Do you want to bring up wait I said about Cierra in November to try to deflect the conversation again?

No, I'm surprised the vaunted USC frontcourt didn't outrebound them by 20. They outrebounded them by 6, hardly a domination like the first game, and it likely would have been closer had Graves not been taken out of the game.

SC wasn't as good in this game. Ibiam was a rock star in Game 1 and a bust in Game 2. It happens.

I know, right? It's not like A'ja only played a combined 25 minutes in both games compared to the 50 minutes or so that each Tennessee guard averaged. Oh wait...you got busted.

Why don't you calculate how many rebounds Reynolds and Carter get per minute this season versus Tiffany Mitchell? Oh wait 2 games is a much more accurate sample size.

Do you want to bring up wait I said about Cierra in November to try to deflect the conversation again?

You mean the "guard" who spent the majority of time guarding Welch?

SC wasn't as good in this game. Ibiam was a rock star in Game 1 and a bust in Game 2. It happens.

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be because their 3 guard 2 post lineup isn't quite as dominant on the glass as the first game would suggest....

So Senior Members, or ones with a high number of posts or ones that agree with your point of view are the ONLY ones that have a "view" or "points" to make about the Lady Vols??
Get over yourself!
CHW is NOT going to get it done!
You can blame whatever and/or bury your head in the sand.
That doesn't mean I can't go to the games, hoot and holler and hope for the best! Butt I faced reality some time ago and I will give my opinion whether I am TROLLing OR NOT!!
Ignore if you want............. :hi:

I want to and will. No need to follow such thinking.

Reactions: 2 people
We have a full roster next year. Look at the talent! We are out of scholarships and we should be able to play with anyone!! But will we?

Why is it that our players just don't show up at times? Does Holly need to tighten the reins? Will it work?

Once again we will have10 McDonalds all Americans next year!, We better get to the final 4!!

We have a full roster next year. Look at the talent! We are out of scholarships and we should be able to play with anyone!! But will we?

Why is it that our players just don't show up at times? Does Holly need to tighten the reins? Will it work?

Once again we will have10 McDonalds all Americans next year!, We better get to the final 4!!

To have a full roster next year,our Lady Vols need to sign two more players. Official roster now lists fourteen players which includes Russell and Deshields who have not played this year,and Jones and Tucker who are out with injuries. We lose three seniors and have at this point two signees which would put us at thirteen. Full roster is fifteen,which we could have used this year.

Rarely do women's basketball use all 15 scholarships. The max is like 13. You don't need 15 players on a team all aren't going to see playing time. So you would have boatloads of transfers every year as a result.

Rarely do women's basketball use all 15 scholarships. The max is like 13. You don't need 15 players on a team all aren't going to see playing time. So you would have boatloads of transfers every year as a result.

Serious question, why wouldn't a school like UT take 1 or 2 local girls (assuming they do not plan to use those last two scholarships)?

Tell them they are not promised any playing time. They would add to the team by practicing hard (extra bodies), exciting fans who know them from their high school days, possibly raise the team GPA, possibly become serviceable by the time their jrs/Srs., and why just waste the scholarships by not using them?

Serious question, why wouldn't a school like UT take 1 or 2 local girls (assuming they do not plan to use those last two scholarships)?

Tell them they are not promised any playing time. They would add to the team by practicing hard (extra bodies), exciting fans who know them from their high school days, possibly raise the team GPA, possibly become serviceable by the time their jrs/Srs., and why just waste the scholarships by not using them?

Enter Sarah Edwards and Amanda Canon.

Reactions: 1 person
It's very clear that no matter what she does, Holly will never be able to please some people. They have to criticize everything about her, her coaching, what she does with her hands, how she stands, sits, eats, sleeps, and ties her shoes.

well she probably has had to have help tying her shoes for a little while :)

I have viewed YouTube videos of Middleton, MeMe Jackson and Te'a Cooper and they appear to be in the same mold as Jewel Lloyd and Nina Davis, they take you on the dribble drive and feed the ball out if they can not score. As high schoolers they constantly pressured the defense. Carter also appears to have that ability, but we do not play that type of offense, at least not often. We seem to set our offense off of pass and movement with the first option to feed it inside. Next year we will have the speed and the inside game to pressure defenses. Can you imagine the offensive capability we will have with a guard or guards who have the ability to dictate the course of a game with an option to dribble drive or feed it to Russell? If Middleton develops her long range shot, and if we ever see Tucker on the court, there is no reason or excuse why we should not be a top 4 program. Add Diamond D. and all you can say about the possibilities is WOW.

Reactions: 1 person
It will be a while before we have a traditional back to the basket four player, Holly has to play to the strength of her team, and right now its wings and guards, so that means four and five out.

Our recruiting is fine. I think the Lady Vols are doing a great job,and are one year away from competing for a Championship.

Great job this year Holly, her team plays hard for her and I like seeing that, some of you need to take off the Pat colored lenses when you assess the lady vols, and replace them with Holly colored lenses, cos it her show and she's not trying to be Pat, she's trying to be the best Holly.

(The players who are hurt are some our most competitive players especially Tucker, Jones and Harrison.) We lose maybe a game if all healthy, and to only lose five games and not fall a part after Izzy's injury, impressed me.

Holly keep doing what your doing, she's getting the players that fit her system, rather than Pat's system, Holly system wants a guard like player at the 4 spot with size, instead of the traditional back to the basket four, every one will be able to post up, no more wide net recruiting and hope we catch something, with Russell and Jones red shirting her recruiting is fine. And further lets me know shes in it to win it.

The combination the next two years will be hot, the competition for playing (court) time is going to be fierce. If these ladies embrace competition and bringing the best out of each and every day, we'll cut down nets and we finally have a alpha female who can take over a game.

We ain't for everyone, no more recruiting players cos they are tall or highly ranked. We want players who competes,do they play defense, are they tough enough to be a Lady Vol.

Our recruiting is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It will be a while before we have a traditional back to the basket four player, Holly has to play to the strength of her team, and right now its wings and guards, so that means four and five out.

Our recruiting is fine. I think the Lady Vols are doing a great job,and are one year away from competing for a Championship.

Great job this year Holly, her team plays hard for her and I like seeing that, some of you need to take off the Pat colored lenses when you assess the lady vols, and replace them with Holly colored lenses, cos it her show and she's not trying to be Pat, she's trying to be the best Holly.

(The players who are hurt are some our most competitive players especially Tucker, Jones and Harrison.) We lose maybe a game if all healthy, and to only lose five games and not fall a part after Izzy's injury, impressed me.

Holly keep doing what your doing, she's getting the players that fit her system, rather than Pat's system, Holly system wants a guard like player at the 4 with size, instead of the traditional back to the basket four, every one will be able to post up, no more wide net recruiting and hope we catch something, with Russell and Jones red shirting her recruiting is fine. And further lets me know shes in it to win it.

The combination the next two years will be hot, the competition for playing (court) time is going to be fierce. If these ladies embrace competition and bringing the best out of each and every day, we'll cut down nets and we finally have a alpha female who can take over a game.

We ain't for everyone, no more recruiting players cos they are tall or highly ranked. We want players who competes,do they play defense, are they tough enough to be a Lady Vol.

Our recruiting is fine.

+10000000000000......I thought the decision to redshirt Russell was very smart on Holly's part. Then once she applied for Jones's redshirt I knew she was planning for the post in the coming years. I'm waiting to see what Holly does with the 2016 class. I'm hoping a good run in this year's tournament and the hype surrounding next year and their expectations of having CHAMPIONSHIP type year can help us reel in some top players in that class. Pulling Cox or Joyner Holmes out of Texas would be enough for me to seal Holly and Company as great recruiters! I'd love to see Holly pull in her first #1 ranked recruiting class. That'll really put the "Holly can't recruit" concerns and naysayers away! GLVs!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
The more I think about it think we will be alright in the post. We can put Jones and Nared in there with Graves, Moore, and Russell and be good. If we get the JC player of course even better.

VN Store

Back