Recent statements from Dave Hart have me very excited

Could be interpreted as - "We lost some good coaches. We spent some money and got some more good coaches. The table is set and its time to win football games."

Its the kinda of stuff that you want to hear when you can't see anything going on. (being the offseason) Its not much different than the thread the other day in regards to the players and the meeting with Dooley. All that stuff sounds great, but when your trying to get out of the hole words in the offseason don't mean much.

Hes being positive

Thats what you want from a leader

Hopefully that will rub off on Dooley. I agree that he could be more positive about the players.

Yeah, I knew what he meant but wanted to point out that Hart had other options.

The helmet was from the 1965 uniform. The cross was added after 3 assistant coaches were killed on their way in to work.

Thanks....Before my time.

Yeah, I knew what he meant but wanted to point out that Hart had other options.

The helmet was from the 1965 uniform. The cross was added after 3 assistant coaches were killed on their way in to work.

Weren't they were on a recruiting trip or something like that?

That's what I would say if I could not make a "glowingly positive" statement like Hart made.

Many posters should recognize the nuance of what he said. He made some pretty conclusive statements.

If you are non-committal then you will be more ambiguous while still "positive" on the surface. "I hope..." "We're a work in progress..." "We feel good now but will see...."

You also do not overplay "energy" unless you think it will be sustained.

Back to the OP. I think this is a nice collection of comments from Hart. I think what he's doing on the surface, anyway, is light years ahead of what Hammy was doing. I think he'd talked to Fulmer like once during that last season or something like that? I mean, that was a guy that set everybody else up to fail but him. In the end it didn't work out that way. I think this is a position that has mutilated this athletics program. Too many people running rogue and nobody really keeping tabs. Hart is the first step in the right direction on this and i think we WILL see a better football team first and foremost. Baseball and Basketball will follow. We are on the right track.

Hes being positive

Thats what you want from a leader

Hopefully that will rub off on Dooley. I agree that he could be more positive about the players.

He should be positive, he has nothing to gain as the AD (nor did Dooley) with negative remarks before or during a season. Especially in public. Hart is trying to build the interest back up before the spring game and hope that springboards into greater interest going into the season. Thats his job right now, and that is what he should be doing.

I didn't mind Dooley's thoughts on the talent level or lack thereof. I had the same thoughts, it was not very good. What he said was true, just no reason to go public with that. It breeds a negative outlook from the fans and the players.

I like Hart's comments. In an earlier interview I recall him saying FSU and Alabama had an expectation of winning that permeated their athletic departments. I think if Hart didn't feel that existed at UT, he may not directly say it, but I think he would at least speak in nonspecific, broad generalities that would give him wiggle room if changes needed to be made. To hear him speak in glowing terms about his relationship with Dooley and the chemistry of the staff gives me confidence. Furthermore, the people we brought in come from backgrounds of winning, which will help us build the culture and mindset we need. That's my two cents.

If Hart didn't believe that about UT, he wouldn't be here..

I liked what he said about remodeling locker room and places that would impress recruits and their parents.

Thanks....Before my time.

Mine too, but theres a website that has all the different football uniforms ever worn by UT. It's an awesome site. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd find it and link u.. I'm sure u could find it on a search though.

No, he could say nothing, but instead chose to put out some words of support, why would anyone complain about that?

Exactly. People criticize Dooley for supposedly "throwing players under the bus" by saying what he thinks, then try to criticize people for not saying what they think. You are right, negative thoughts are better conveyed by silence on an issue, not false positives.

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone who doesn't think Hart has a backup plan if things go bad this year is living in a fantasy land.

EVERY SEC AD has a back up plan for the "if things go bad this year" scenario.

The difference is that unlike many posters here... Hart has NOT written Dooley off. He apparently isn't sitting around daydreaming of getting to execute the back up plan. He is NOT convinced that Dooley is doomed to fail, is in over his head, or any of the negative assumptions that have been posted here.

He seems to be hoping for the best while being prepared for the worst. He is apparently VERY open to seeing both good and bad from Dooley... and dealing with both honestly, objectively.

Get over it.

Nothing negative about it, just a simple statement of fact, it's typical coachspeak from the AD nothing more.

Don't you know you're wrong! The sunshine pumpers have this right. Things are awesome and we're gonna win the east this year...
Kidding aside you're exactly right. Thisd is nothing. Some of the most dangerous words a coach can hear from a school or NFL owner are "We fully support our coach"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't you know you're wrong! The sunshine pumpers have this right. Things are awesome and we're gonna win the east this year...
Kidding aside you're exactly right. Thisd is nothing. Some of the most dangerous words a coach can hear from a school or NFL owner are "We fully support our coach"

Not surprised that you atempt to spin a VERY positive... conclusively positive... statement into a lie. You are determined that the only outcome is failure and refuse to see anything contrary to that conclusion. Anyone who takes a "wait and see" or "realistically hopeful" attitude is a "sunshime pumper".

Still disappointed with a "fan" who would take the position you take... no longer surprised but definitely disappointed. I do not like "hopeless" people. They carry the stench of failure and defeat... if you worked for me... you wouldn't for long.

Not surprised that you atempt to spin a VERY positive... conclusively positive... statement into a lie. You are determined that the only outcome is failure and refuse to see anything contrary to that conclusion. Anyone who takes a "wait and see" or "realistically hopeful" attitude is a "sunshime pumper".

Still disappointed with a "fan" who would take the position you take... no longer surprised but definitely disappointed. I do not like "hopeless" people. They carry the stench of failure and defeat... if you worked for me... you wouldn't for long.

You're such a fool. This is NOTHING more than off season jibberish. I'm sure Hart is very hopeful DD does well because life would be much easier than having to fire him. But to take such a simple statement and act as if there's no heat on DD is funny.
And show me where I twisted anything you fool.

And 2 other things.
1. I am far from hopeless. I'm very hopeful that this will be the final year of a loser coach.
2. You could never afford to hire me.

Always with the criticism but never a solution.

You're like the guy who complains incessantly about the President but never votes, or the guy who criticizes policy but never has any ideas on how to fix it...he just knows whats wrong.

You are the definition of ignorance.

Reactions: 8 people

You're like the guy who complains incessantly about the President but never votes, or the guy who criticizes policy but never has any ideas on how to fix it...he just knows whats wrong.

You would get better insight from a T-bone steak

Solution? To what? It's a NOTHING statement that you slurpers are making out like a declaration of a 10 year extension for Dufus as our coach.
There's no solution to this?

And 2 other things.
1. I am far from hopeless. I'm very hopeful that this will be the final year of a loser coach.
2. You could never afford to hire me.

1. You have defined hopeless.
2. Why would anyone want to hire you? Most of us don't like you hanging around here for free.

Reactions: 4 people
You would get better insight from a T-bone steak

t-bone-george-costanza.jpg

You rang?

Yeah, keep squashing that sunshine like a Chinese Apple factory! Can't let any photons escape.

VN Store

Back