Recent statements from Dave Hart have me very excited

Interesting that the negavols were parsing the AD's former statement, trying to attribute a number of wins that it would take to keep Dooley's job, reading negativity in, etc... But when it's blatantly positive and encouraging, it's just "coach speak".

Big lulz...

Reactions: 6 people
hart was quoted regarding Dooleys' new coaches?

Surely he said that Dooley is in over his head and that he's bringing in Kirby Smart asap?

I mean, according to Fister, Indianavol4eva and the rest of our resident trollies, that's what Hart is planning to do.

I think you're taking what Joey posted wrong. He's just saying that is what the AD is supposed to say.

Love the av. Is that your design or did you see that somewhere?

Yeah, I knew what he meant but wanted to point out that Hart had other options.

The helmet was from the 1965 uniform. The cross was added after 3 assistant coaches were killed on their way in to work.

hart was quoted regarding Dooleys' new coaches?

Surely he said that Dooley is in over his head and that he's bringing in Kirby Smart asap?

I mean, according to Fister, Indianavol4eva and the rest of our resident trollies, that's what Hart is planning to do.

They are now dripping lemon juice on the back of the Declaration of Independence, trying to find the key that allows them to interpret this last statement in such a way that it spells out the date of Dooley's demise. But it's fruitless. Without the "Silence Dogooder" letters, they will never get it.

Interesting that the negavols were parsing the AD's former statement, trying to attribute a number of wins that it would take to keep Dooley's job, reading negativity in, etc... But when it's blatantly positive and encouraging, it's just "coach speak".

Big lulz...

How would describe new hires that you made?

I like Hart's comments. In an earlier interview I recall him saying FSU and Alabama had an expectation of winning that permeated their athletic departments. I think if Hart didn't feel that existed at UT, he may not directly say it, but I think he would at least speak in nonspecific, broad generalities that would give him wiggle room if changes needed to be made. To hear him speak in glowing terms about his relationship with Dooley and the chemistry of the staff gives me confidence. Furthermore, the people we brought in come from backgrounds of winning, which will help us build the culture and mindset we need. That's my two cents.

Reactions: 4 people
"I'm impressed with our staff," Hart said. "Very impressed. We lost some good football coaches. There's no question some of those guys that left were very good football coaches, but I think these guys we have now are outstanding. I really like the chemistry of the staff."
NO WAY!!!!

All of those guys were elite coaches who left because of Dooley.:whistling:

Hart, who's been the leader of UT's athletic department for nearly five months, echoed the positive vibes coach Derek Dooley has been reiterating throughout the offseason. Hart added he and Dooley continue to build a great relationship.

"I think there's a new energy," Hart said. "I think that's what happened. I think we have a new level of energy, and I think people are really pointing toward the fall."

Thoughts?

:loco:

Whaaaaaaaaattttt???? You mean maybe he's not a Dooley hater? You mean that maybe he isn't privately plotting to undermine Dooley so he can hire K Smart or Del Rio?

...... In before the "fire Dave Hart" chatter starts from the Dooley haters.

Reactions: 3 people
How would describe new hires that you made?

If I wasn't hopeful, I would be either silent or intentionally vague. I would definitely not use terms like "very impressed" if I wasn't feeling "very impressed" and hopeful of the production of the team. I would possibly even try to temper expectations if performance was a question in my mind.

My point, however, was about the double-standard so obviously in use.

I think the key thing in the statement was "chemistry". I think that was what was missing with the prior staff. Coaches have to be on the same page if they expect players to buy in.

When a situation is that tough and things go as rough as they have, bad feelings build up. Under different circumstances maybe it would have been great chemistry... but circumstances weren't different.

I still believe that Russell and Hiestand were nudged if not shoved toward the door. Thompson, Sirmon, and Wilcox were losses that UT didn't want. Baggett for whatever reason did not fit and was politely asked to leave.

What else would he say, that he thought they sucked ?

Nothing. He should have... and most likely would have said nothing. If he had to say something it would have been on the order of "Anytime you have a change of staff you have concerns and hopes. We are working to develop a great culture here starting with the coaches."

If you paint a rosier picture than actually exists... you take the fall with them if things do not go well. Hart is probably smart enough to know that.

Nothing. He should have... and most likely would have said nothing. If he had to say something it would have been on the order of "Anytime you have a change of staff you have concerns and hopes. We are working to develop a great culture here starting with the coaches."

If you paint a rosier picture than actually exists... you take the fall with them if things do not go well. Hart is probably smart enough to know that.

If you don't stop using common sense, you may be stoned to death and placed under the sign that says___________
(please fill in the blank)

When a situation is that tough and things go as rough as they have, bad feelings build up. Under different circumstances maybe it would have been great chemistry... but circumstances weren't different.

I still believe that Russell and Hiestand were nudged if not shoved toward the door. Thompson, Sirmon, and Wilcox were losses that UT didn't want. Baggett for whatever reason did not fit and was politely asked to leave.

Yes, I think you have the story exactly right on all six of those coaches.

One of the things that Dooley commented about that makes a lot of sense is (paraphrasing) "when you go through what [we] had to go through over the past couple of seasons, relationships can sometimes fracture almost to the point of no return (I think he meant b/w coaches -and- coaches and players) and turnover in those cases can be good. It gives everyone a fresh start and a chance for new ideas and relationships to develop which can lead to greater success down the road."

This cannot be understated. No matter who we had as coach, the crap this team and coaching staff had to go through over the last two seasons (2 for the coaches, 3-4 for the players) I think gets underplayed sometimes b/c it has become all too familiar--especially by those (not naming names) who think we should have had double-digit wins the last two years.

I hope this new staff has the chemistry that Hart said it does...that can only mean good things to come. Now, that being said, I think this is an 8-win team at this point. Yes, we have a lot of starters coming back, and all of them on the OL--but this was a team that couldn't run the ball last year...against Montana. I'm hoping against hope that those problems will be fixed but, for now, the jury's still out for me.

Now, if Pittman can address that issue and fix it...that could very well mean 1-2 more wins.

Here's hoping he does. :hi:

Anyone who doesn't think Hart has a backup plan if things go bad this year is living in a fantasy land.

Anyone who doesn't think Hart has a backup plan AT ALL TIMES is living in a fantasy land.

FYP

Don't kid yourself dude, this year is no different than any other. Hamilton was right about one thing...if you don't constantly keep an up-to-date list of coaching candidates for ANY Head Coaching position, you're doing yourself and your University a disservice.

Unfortunately for Hamilton, however, his list was only about 4 deep back in January 2010 and every one of them declined.

If I wasn't hopeful, I would be either silent or intentionally vague. I would definitely not use terms like "very impressed" if I wasn't feeling "very impressed" and hopeful of the production of the team. I would possibly even try to temper expectations if performance was a question in my mind.

My point, however, was about the double-standard so obviously in use.

Agree with the double standard. Some will find anything to complain about.

Reguarding our AD...I would not expect for him to say that he's not happy with the hires that he made.

IMO this staff has alot of potential.

Could be interpreted as - "We lost some good coaches. We spent some money and got some more good coaches. The table is set and its time to win football games."

Its the kinda of stuff that you want to hear when you can't see anything going on. (being the offseason) Its not much different than the thread the other day in regards to the players and the meeting with Dooley. All that stuff sounds great, but when your trying to get out of the hole words in the offseason don't mean much.

VN Store

Back