Realistic top 3 candidates imo.

Butch Jones was outcoached by Dooley in 2011. Ill pass

Agreed. And Cincy had all their players, we played them before guys started getting hurt and still beat their eyes out. Cincy or somebody else can have him. Dont want anybody Dooley outcoached and killed

I respect yours as well I just think were asking for trouble with Petrino. Dooley was hard to work for it sounded like but supposedly Petrino makes him look like Bruce Pearl.

Really? Herman Cain could be President right now if he would have kept his pickle in his pocket. Smart business man that knew how to win. Same for Petrino.

To me, Butch Jones can stay right where he is. What has he done to deserve the HC job at UT? I think he has gotten lucky and found great recruits at his jobs thanks to Brian Kelly. Central Michigan and now Cincinatti. He left the cupboards bare at Central Michigan and I think it's fixing to catch up with him at Cincinnati

1. Butch Jones
2. Charlie Strong (would be a bad hire)
3. Patterson (long shot)

Face it gruden will not happen and if it does i will not post again for a month.

my top 3 that are realistic

1. Larry Fedora
2. Petrino
3. cutcliff

(i like offense if you can't tell)

Again nobody has answered this yet. What of any significance has he won?

He may not have won anything significant, but look what he did at AR:

2008 5-7
2009 8-5
2010 10-3 Sugar Bowl
2011 11-2 Cotton Bowl

Got better every year. In 2011, he lost to Bama and LSU, the two teams who played for the national championship. The SEC west during his time at AR was extremely competitive. Bama won 2 NC and AU got one.

If the top guys on the list turn us down, I would much rather have a scumbag who will win ball games vs. rolling the dice on an up and comer. If we don't get a big name, I would rather he was my coach vs. our up and comer coaching against him.

Its all about the wins and he may be our best option...I hope we get the slam dunk hire and not go in that direction, but we could do a whole lot worse.

Reactions: 2 people
He may not have won anything significant, but look what he did at AR:

2008 5-7
2009 8-5
2010 10-3 Sugar Bowl
2011 11-2 Cotton Bowl

Got better every year. In 2011, he lost to Bama and LSU, the two teams who played for the national championship. The SEC west during his time at AR was extremely competitive. Bama won 2 NC and AU got one.

If the top guys on the list turn us down, I would much rather have a scumbag who will win ball games vs. rolling the dice on an up and comer. If we don't get a big name, I would rather he was my coach vs. our up and comer coaching against him.

Its all about the wins and he may be our best option...I hope we get the slam dunk hire and not go in that direction, but we could do a whole lot worse.

Hart wont be hiring an up and comer, I would bet money on that. Petrino isnt an option and never will be. I know he lost that sugar bowl and never beat Saban and never got close. We got enough of that under Dooley. Honestly would love to see who his wins those last 2 yrs were against.
But we can hire a guy that is equally as good and better as a coach and with better wins and who could out recruit him all day every day. Again what mom or grandmom is going to let a kid go play for him. I mean I guarantee mine wouldnt and dont know many that would and if some did you would have t o question theirs along with the kids integrity. He wasnt a great recruiter to start with and would be worse now, not to mention I doubt he has top flight assistants lining up to coach under him.

Again nobody has answered this yet. What of any significance has he won?

Won BCS bowl at UofL, beat LSU 2 out of 4 times he faced them and should've/would've beaten UF in '09 if not for horrible personal foul call that got the officiating crew suspended because it was the wrong call, beat the brakes off Miami with less talent in '04, etc. I don't necessarily want Petrino but there's no denying what he's done in his career as a college coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Hart wont be hiring an up and comer, I would bet money on that. Petrino isnt an option and never will be. I know he lost that sugar bowl and never beat Saban and never got close. We got enough of that under Dooley. Honestly would love to see who his wins those last 2 yrs were against.
But we can hire a guy that is equally as good and better as a coach and with better wins and who could out recruit him all day every day. Again what mom or grandmom is going to let a kid go play for him. I mean I guarantee mine wouldnt and dont know many that would and if some did you would have t o question theirs along with the kids integrity. He wasnt a great recruiter to start with and would be worse now, not to mention I doubt he has top flight assistants lining up to coach under him.

I see where you went with that. Women don't cheat on their husbands. :unsure:

Up and comer might have been the wrong term. I dont want strong, golden, smart, jones, etc...give me gruden, patterson, peterson, stoops, carroll, etc or give me Petrino. A lot of my list are pipe dreams, but these are the kinds of guys I want, or I would roll the dice on Petrino.

Realistic?
In no order:
Jones
Strong
Patterson
Fisher

I would think it's one of these guys.
And I'll add: smart.
But smart =mattress burning.

1. Butch Jones
2. Charlie Strong (would be a bad hire)
3. Patterson (long shot)

Face it gruden will not happen and if it does i will not post again for a month.

I don't think the UTAD would halt it's donations to the tune of $18 million over three years for anyone on this list.

I see where you went with that. Women don't cheat on their husbands. :unsure:

Ha never said that, but me not wanting Petrino has nothing to do with that. If that was the only thing he had done it wouldnt be an issue. Its the whole body of work stretched over a decade.
Parents would know his whole body of work from other coach's and that would be the issue, not cheating on his wife. His history of problems would make it hard to believe he would be there even next season. You can defend him all you want and would really question anyones morals wanting him coaching their fave university and trusting hin for yrs to come. And for the last time I will say it he hasnt won a damn thing of any significance. Even Shula and Chizzik had 10 win seasons in the SEC. And Shula atleast made it to a SEC championship. Just sayn..People trying to argue for Petrino are just looking for a reason to argue and thats it.

Ha never said that, but me not wanting Petrino has nothing to do with that. If that was the only thing he had done it wouldnt be an issue. Its the whole body of work stretched over a decade.
Parents would know his whole body of work from other coach's and that would be the issue, not cheating on his wife. His history of problems would make it hard to believe he would be there even next season. You can defend him all you want and would really question anyones morals wanting him coaching their fave university and trusting hin for yrs to come. And for the last time I will say it he hasnt won a damn thing of any significance. Even Shula and Chizzik had 10 win seasons in the SEC. And Shula atleast made it to a SEC championship. Just sayn..People trying to argue for Petrino are just looking for a reason to argue and thats it.

AND yet Jason parents still let their kids commit to a coach like Lane Kiffin why? It's all about winning and what can you do for me now.The nice guy's are far and few between and not dominating college football right now. Petrino is not my first choice to represent UT. Just saying he would be much better than an unproven name that has no idea what SEC football is about.

Butch Jones, Fedora, or Golden. All good coaches and Fedora and Golden can recruit. Not sure about Jones, but he's a players coach that gets his guys fired up to play for him. I could get behind any of these guys.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back