Ray Kasongo to transfer

3/7 is too many.

2 of 4 would be too many.

3 of 7 is not.

1 could go pro early, 1 dismissed for violation of team rules and 1 transfers because he was recruited over.

Still graduate 4 seniors. That would be awesome. We aren't going to carry a 7 man class thru 4 years of basketball. That's not realistic.

2 of 4 would be too many.

3 of 7 is not.

1 could go pro early, 1 dismissed for violation of team rules and 1 transfers because he was recruited over.

Still graduate 4 seniors. That would be awesome. We aren't going to carry a 7 man class thru 4 years of basketball. That's not realistic.

Going pro wouldn't count against that.

If 3 leave for any reason other than pro that's too many IMO

Barnes coached 17 years at Texas. Sixteen of those years his teams played in the NCAA tourney.

His management of those rosters apparently worked very, very well for his program and him.

One could say he gave many, many players a chance.

It's a privilege to be given a full ride athletic scholarship to a large, prestigious university. If you don't give your best effort to keep the scholarship there's always someone who is hungry and industrious wanting to take your place.

Reactions: 2 people
BTO and I went round and round about this a few weeks ago

The facts show Barnes players either turn pro or transfer at an alarming rate

A much smaller % than normal make it thru their senior years

Isn't that part of the reason Barnes is no longer at Texas? Because he was trying to start recruiting 4 year players, and Texas didn't like that? For some reason I feel like I read that somewhere but can't quite place it.

Tennessee still has nothing official on Ray Kasongo. Again, not that it changes anything. Just part of the confirmation process.

What I do know (and what's obvious): Rick Barnes won't release Ray Kasongo until he finishes academics and avoids being an APR hit.

Grant Ramey

Man, you take one big nap and miss the news...Well, best of luck to Ray. Hope he finds his place wherever he goes.

I hope they really go for a senior transfer....they a probably call if they here anyone is thinking about it and they can sweet talk him here

Graduating four would be wonderful. The fact there are so many guys competing at the same positions, means that some will leave. Williams seems like he is the only one of the six that is destined to play inside. Fulkerson could be a 4 if he can put on weight.

The only way we don't lose more than three would be if a couple redshirt. I don't think Parker and Johnson will be here their junior year if they aren't playing significant minutes. Honestly next year will be much like the NBA summer league. It will be a try out. I 'd be shocked if the whole class comes back for their second year. That is no reflection on Barnes or prospects. They sign to play and coaches have to send some on their way. We saw that play out with Ray and will be normal in the future.

The only way we don't lose more than three would be if a couple redshirt.

You are saying we are going to lose at least 4 without RS someone?

4/6 would be a disaster and if that happens this program under Barnes is never getting off the ground

I agree if 4 play 4years that would be good assuming we don't add another hs guy

Reactions: 1 person
images

I was thinking he looked unhappy.

Reactions: 1 person
You are saying we are going to lose at least 4 without RS someone?

4/6 would be a disaster and if that happens this program under Barnes is never getting off the ground

I agree if 4 play 4years that would be good assuming we don't add another hs guy

I misspoke. I think we will likely lose at least two and probably more . It is a big class with four or five guys playing outside depending on Fulkerson and they will be still competing with Mostella , Phillips and Admiral for playing time as they enter Sophmore year.

Thanks for pointing out the "over three" . I wouldn't expect that either.

Or California

He does seem to be bouncing all about the Western Hemisphere... that may not be too far fetched. But if he wants the playing time a WKU or below makes the most sense. Actually... he ought to check out LMU unless he just wants to put hundreds of miles between Knoxville and his next stop.

Reactions: 2 people
He showed exactly what kind of player he was in the preseason practice video which this board rushed to his defense of disinterested practice time

He clearly played the year with that same mindset. Good Riddance

Yes on all points here,I never could stand guys on bench who would watch people in stands or talk to another on bench.when I was in school playing and being captain on team my coach would leave it up to me and the other captain if guys got to play in the game.and that was the reason I would tell coach that certain players didn't need to get in game.but that will cause fights but o well if the game is that boring that you can't pay attention ,a person don't need to be playing.to me only thing worse than that kind of attitude is not wanting to play defense but when you get ball on offense shooting every time with out running play..
In the film I had saw of him when he first signed I thought he would be a contributed right away and be a very good player by the time he was a senior.

Hope the young man lands somewhere he is happy with. I trust a coach with over a decade of NCAA tourney appearances under his belt so I think it will end up being good for RK and for UT as well.

VN Store

Back