Ray Kasongo to transfer

Kasongor must have failed on the research part.

Barnes has a pretty high attrition rate, so there are a lot of guys that don't get the message obviously.

Laft at Kasongor mention.

True on the attrition rate. Barnes obviously isn't afraid to take the "shape up or ship out" approach.

Unfortunately, a lot of kids today cant be coached that way. They have had smoke blow up their ass since they were 9 yrs old and think cause they were all-state they are the boss. And sadly, a lot of college coaches cater to them.

It hurts that a LeBron or Kobe make the league as a high schooler cause then everyone thinks they can. The stats were less than 50% of those coming out of HS stayed in the league 5 yrs....Washed up or playing in Europe at 23, no education and no money....

JMO
Personality and coaching style conflict from day 1.
if he gets with the right coach he'll do well.
We see a lot of kids these days who look to transfer because it is not the right or good fit. Doesn't matter where it's basketball or football. I saw somewhere that there were over 300 kids across the country looking to transfer. That number is shocking to me.

Good luck to him.

And we better warn the next fanbase's messageboard about their new poster headed their way.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems to be higher lately.
Was it the 2012 Kabongo class that he lost 4 of 6? One to the NBA iirc.

Yes, there was one class that he lost like 5 guys to transfers, but other than that 1 class it's been none or 1 a year. I wouldn't consider having 1 class out of 10 do that as a typical attrition for Barnes, seems like an outlier. That class also followed a season in which he had multiple guys unexpectedly leave for the NBA, so to fill a roster he took guys he typically wouldn't, thus the attrition the following season.

Seems to be higher lately.
Was it the 2012 Kabongo class that he lost 4 of 6? One to the NBA iirc.

BTO and I went round and round about this a few weeks ago

The facts show Barnes players either turn pro or transfer at an alarming rate

A much smaller % than normal make it thru their senior years

BTO and I went round and round about this a few weeks ago

The facts show Barnes players either turn pro or transfer at an alarming rate

Very very few make it thru their senior years

I would never claim it to be a negative that a coach produces NBA players, but to each their own.

Reactions: 2 people
Again outside of the 1 class which was filled with players to field a team, the rate is no more abnormal than the rest of CBB.

Not true when you consider only all the players that were 4 year guys. It's a very high rate

You have said yourself Barnes isn't going to recruit at that same elite level here. Transfers will be a problem if the trend continues

Last edited:
Not true when you consider only all the players that were 4 year guys. It's a very high rate

You have said yourself Barnes isn't going to recruit at that same elite level here. Transfers will be a problem if the trend continues

Again, counting the NBA guys against him is evidence to everyone on this board of your agenda, once again though, Ok you win Bruin.

Again, counting the NBA guys against him is evidence to everyone on this board of your agenda, again though, Ok you win Bruin.

Dear lord I am not counting them against him

About half of his 4 year guys left. That's way too high.

If half of his 4 year guys leave here it's going to very high numbers because we aren't going to have very many if any players leave early

What's really sad is that I don't believe Ray knows/understands why he didn't play very much. He never listened nor did he watch the games.

Enormous waste of potential talent! Makes me ill to think about it.

What's really sad is that I don't believe Ray knows/understands why he didn't play very much. He never listened nor did he watch the games.

Enormous waste of potential talent! Makes me ill to think about it.

He showed exactly what kind of player he was in the preseason practice video which this board rushed to his defense of disinterested practice time

He clearly played the year with that same mindset. Good Riddance

Good.
Maybe Rick can find a replacement who will actually be productive as opposed to another work-in-progress who might take forever to pay off.

Lol

What 3 guys you expect to transfer out of this 16 class?

That's the rate Barnes has had lately

It's a huge class. One or more will leave.

It will not surprise or concern me in the least.

You have made up your mind on Barnes. You think he is a dinosaur who is out of touch. Anything you come across you view it thru your lens to support your pre-existing view of Barnes.

It's a huge class. One or more will leave.

It will not surprise or concern me in the least.

You have made up your mind on Barnes. You think he is a dinosaur who is out of touch. Anything you come across you view it thru your lens to support your pre-existing view of Barnes.

If 1 maybe 2 leave it's normal

More than that would be a problem.

VN Store

Back